“Authentic Mexican Dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Succasunna
“Authentic Mexican Dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise. Excellent selections on the menu, many of which one does not see in most Mexican restaurants. Small seating area -- take-out is big. But service is excellent, and you get to know the waitresses - always a plus.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Succasunna, New Jersey
“I LOVE Mexican food, but I can't bring myself to go back to Fresco.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been there 3 times now, each time saying to myself "well, it was pretty bad the last time, but maybe they had an off day. It's so close to where I live so I really want to give it a fair chance." I can't remember what I ate the 1st two times, but it was bland and, well, unmemorable. The last time I was there, about 2 weeks ago, I ordered the crispy chicken tacos. You just can't imagine my horror when she brought out a place of STORE-BOUGHT taco shells, filled with chicken. On the side, there were chopped onions, cilantro and cheese for me to put on my tacos. So on top of being stuck with store-bought taco shells (really BAD QUALITY STORE-BOUGHT taco shells), I'm required to assemble the tacos myself?! Fortuntely, I had ordered a half-order of guacamole as a back up. Let's face it, it'd be really tough to screw up guacamole. But I remembered that it was a too chunky for my taste on my previous visits, so I asked the waitress if they could mash it a little more. When it arrived, the chunks were as large as ever, so the waitress clearly didn't care what I preferred. After assembling my tacos into the STORE-BOUGHT taco shells, I mashed the guacamole myself. One true test of a good Mexican restaurant is the salsas they serve. They've got the basic pico de gallo down (hard to screw that up), but the other 2 salsas they serve ("medium" and "hot") have very little flavor and are not really medium or hot. That's my last time at Fresco. I'm so embarrassed for them. No wonder the place is always empty.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Great Mexican food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

A great place for good authentic Mexican food! The owners are so nice and so is their staff. Feel chips and sauces.

Visited November 2011
new jersey, usa
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

The food is great, pleasant and friendly staff. Homemade tortillas make it even better. The steak is seasoned just right. We always order the queso as an appetizer, we can't get enough! They also make a homemade tea that is very good and their homemade beans are terrific! We've eaten in and taken out and the food is still to brag about.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good Mexican Food, Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

My wife and I have been to Fresco's several times. It's located in a strip mall on Route 206, so we're not talking overly fancy. The various dishes we have tried have all been tasty and well=prepared, and we've found the staff friendly and the service prompt.