“Average clean hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Fairfield
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Average clean hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed in a lot of Comfort Inns around the country. This one is ok for it's age and a decent value. The rooms are clean and everything worked. The front desk staff were pleasant. Breakfast was standard fare for az Comfort Inn.

What this hotel does have is a new restaurant tenant called Michael Angelo's that recently opened. A small quaint Italian eatery and brick oven pizza. The food was fantastic - everything made fresh to order with homemade pasta. A really surprising find and definitely worth stopping in for dinner.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Don M,

The restaurant has been well known in the city of F airfield for many years and have never failed to please their guests. I will be sure to convey kind regards to the restaurant owner for you.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I rolled into Fairfield late evening and had to roll out quite early the next morning, so I cannot speak to any of the amenities. However, checking in was a relatively painless process, and the small lobby has several computers from which you can access the Internet and, if need be, check into your flights and print your boarding passes.

The elevator to the 2nd floor was slow but effective.

Complimentary breakfast was part of the deal (it runs from 6 - 10:30), but like I said, I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy it as I had to leave early.

Some of the reviews on this property say it smelled smoky. My room did not. It smelled like mild chlorine, sort of like what you might smell near a swimming pool. However, the odor was NOT offensive. In fact, the room smelled "cleaned." Not a hint of smokiness anywhere. Interestingly, a sign on the desk in room said a guess would be charged a $250.00 cleaning fee if the guest smoked in the room. WHEW!

The bed was EXTREMELY comfy -- no complaints at all. And even though I could tell I had neightbors by the sound of the TV coming from their room as I stood outside my door, I heard NOTHING once I was in the room. It was quiet!! Great insulation!

I did note that the phone ringer was relatively soft, so if you are relying on a wake-up call, make sure you turn the ringer up.

Since I can't speak to anything other than my check-in process and the quality / cleanliness of the room, I'm going w/ 4.5 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello writer 42,

Our hotel, comfort inn of fairfield focuses on the cleanliness and the operating factors for most minor of details in the guest rooms. The dedication and hard work put into the service of all guest rooms are standardized and comparatively superior to the other hotels within the area.

Majority of the appreciation is given to my front desk and housekeeping staff who work with sincerity and faith to deliver the best service and present the finished product of a guest room to you upon check in time. My entire staff will be rewarded appropriately for the satisfaction you received upon the use of the room.

Hudson, Fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The comfort is an average choice hotel but for the price in this location its worth it. Free breakfast and clean room. Hotel is secure and you are just off the highway, so location is good. You do need a car to go out and eat your meals, but close by. No problem except my credit card was compromised after using it here. Their system may not be secure. So watch your charges.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing highway to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello Buc40,

Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was pretty nice. The only food area was the restaurant on the premises and it is Italian eating. The hotel was fine and the room was very good. Stayed on the 2nd floor, room 207 and it was good. If you stayed at a comfort inn before it is about the same. The only thing I didn't like was the only food was in the hotel. We did order pizza delivered and it was excellent. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had the 2nd floor and it was fine, it faced the traffic but didn't bother us at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello BigMalPa,

The onsite restaurant is very reputable and appreciated by many of our guests as they do an excellent job to serve everyone daily. Nonetheless, we will share your comments with my entire team and congratulate them on the service they provided to you which turned out memorable for you.

Merrimac, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We really have good things to say about the Comfort Inn in Fairfield except the room smelled a little smokey for a non smoking hotel. The room was very clean and the service was great. We just felt that maybe it's a newly non smoking hotel and had been smoked in before. We didn't use the pool or spa so that's why we didn't rate them. We were only there for one night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello julia_fisher,

Hello I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true and kind words you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests. Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.

Charles Gandhi (GM)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We are visiting friends in the area and stayed here for 2 evenings. Great experience. Spacious, clean room and bathroom with great wifi access. Great location with access to easily go to NY and other towns around. Next time we visit NJ, we will stay here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello Ellada H,

Hello, I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true and kind words you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests. Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.

Parag Patel (GM)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed in this hotel overnight. The room was spacious and very clean. We always look for that "hotel smell" when we enter the room. 2 full beds, microwave, fridge, large flat screen tv, wifi worked great. The staff was very pleasant. This hotel appears to be up in the up keep. Breakfast-make your own waffles, fruits, coffee, bagels, etc. Location is central to everything including NYC about 20 minutes away driving. The price was right for this stay.

• Stayed February 2014
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hello jac1028,

Hello I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true words of kinds you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests. Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.

Parag Patel (GM)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!