“This Comfort Inn lives up to it's name.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Jersey City, New Jersey
“This Comfort Inn lives up to it's name.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel overnight. The room was spacious and very clean. We always look for that "hotel smell" when we enter the room. 2 full beds, microwave, fridge, large flat screen tv, wifi worked great. The staff was very pleasant. This hotel appears to be up in the up keep. Breakfast-make your own waffles, fruits, coffee, bagels, etc. Location is central to everything including NYC about 20 minutes away driving. The price was right for this stay.

• Stayed February 2014
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hello jac1028,

Hello I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true words of kinds you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests. Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.

Parag Patel (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stay here almost weekly as do my fellow employees. I have had nothing but good experiences until recently and I have just one complaint...SHOVEL YOUR LOT WHEN IT SNOWS. I had to dig my car out last week with a borrowed shovel, as did all the other guests who woke up to 7 inches of snow. It would have been nice for someone from the hotel to help us, but we all had to help each other just to get to out of the parking lot onto the highway. There has been no snow since, and I have an employee staying there as I type this who let me know that the lot still is not cleaned from the last snow. I have experienced that also. I would think that the safety of your guests would be one of the most important things to consider, and an icy, slippery parking lot is an open invitation for injury and a lawsuit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hello Debbie B,

I would like to apologize very much for the descriptive yet true words but the parking lots were in fact cleaned and salted two times in the last few days for our valued guests. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury, and satisfaction to all our guests. Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the past for business. There seems to be new management and everyone I dealt with was pleasant and helpful. It's great that they have an excellent Italian restauarsnt adjoining the hotel. The breakfast is typical of Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc.- excellent coffee, juices, small assortmnet of pastries, toast, bagels, English muffin, eggs, waffles, etc. Every area of this hotel that I had occassion to be in - including my room was nice and clean. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Hello Ray C,

Rochelle Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was taking a long drive into New Jersey recently from PA and wanted a spot not too far from New York City, for business, but close enough to places where I can go out to eat and enjoy myself. Lo behold, I found Comfort Inn of F airfield NJ and might I say it was much fairer than I thought it to be. The hotel was clean from the parking lots where other hotels would have trash flying all over the place, the lobby was welcoming and spacious, and the front desk welcoming more than ever. WoW, that's what I call service, I mean a fast and friendly check in process and the clean room all vacuumed for my comfort. I have a pet peeve for dust and unclean beds but everything was perfect.

I am willing to return to this place soon. Thanks for a good time.

Room Tip: choose the rooms towards the back with less noise of traffic but you will be comprising your view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello EricP2000,

northeast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and found the value reasonable given the prices of hotels in the North Jersey area. However, my last stay was horrible and I will not book there again. AC did not work properly on a very warm night, I requested another room. The person sent up to deliver the key walked ahead of me to the next room, never offered to help carry my suitcase, clothes, or other items that I clearly was struggling to manage on my own. Rude. The bathroom was dirty, torn wall paper, grit around the shower. The next morning the scrambled eggs were frozen in the middle and the elevator was not working, I had to carry my bags down several flights of stairs. Enough!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear familyofthreeinpa ,

Hello I want to apologize very much for all the trouble you had to go through during your stay. It is disappointing for me to know that my staff is not exceeding your expectations as they were directed to do so. I must say that I am very very sorry.

The faulty air conditioner in your room has been repaired and ready for operational purposes. It was a small technical issue that we solved within several minutes. The rude hotel assistant with the key leading to your room without asking you for help was completely inexcusable and incorrect by my and choice hotels' standards and I have retrained them to perform their job better and assist guests who need help in carrying luggage. I must guarantee that by your next stay these mistakes will not be repeated nor will any other mistake occur.

I must thank you though for taking your time to write a review for us where we are able to better understand our guests and serve them to their expectations. Please excuse us this time as we are doing our best to make our service and room quality better for you everyday. We hope to see you again soon at Comfort Inn of Fairfield, NJ.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The first room we got was disgusting. The worst hotel room I have ever seen. The bathroom smelled tobacco and the bathtub looked like it hasn't been clean since forever. The room walls were full of mold and dirty. The floor was dirty and near the beds and under the nighttables were was a lot of dust. We asked for another room by showing the pictures and the receptionist didn't look surprised. The room we got was at least ok. The lights near the beds didn't work though. I cleaned the bathtub floor with a lot of soap because it looked so dirty. There was a trace of dirt on the bed sheet like it wasnt cleaned. The corridor was so hot and smelly like you were in the south or something. The receptionist were always on the bad mood. If you don't own a car, you can't go eat anywhere near the hotel because it is far from everything. I will never come back to this hotel and I hope that by writing this review, others will not make the same mistake.

• Stayed August 2013
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear ramsesowens,

Hello I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. It is not in our blood to have this type of unfriendly room . Surely I would like to apologize as all that's amenities will never occur again , we have revamped our rooms to perfection and is nothing but the quality of freshness added to it . As a matter of fact , I have informed and revamped the training given to our housekeeper on not to make the mistakes again. Nonetheless thank you for your concerns and informing us. Hope to see you soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

i work in the area and have spent more then 100 nights in past little over a year.this hotel is clean and quiet. it has nice italian restaurant inside it. rooms have large flat screen TVs as well as micro and fridge. i have also use the fitness center which was recently redone.

Room Tip: No pool or Spa
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear deloresm2013,

Hello deloresm2013, I would like to thank you on the very kind words of grace and gratitude you have given to our property as we are constantly trying our best to have and give the best for special guests like you. Some of the best amenities are provided however the hotel has limited spaces for a pool and spa as there are many that wish to have such comfort but we do provide our Managers Reception every Tuesday evening on the first floor and we do our best to elevate the quality of service everyday as mentioned before. Thank you very much for your concerns and hope to see you soon again .

Parag Patel (GM)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!