“Beware of Extra Charges” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Fairfield
Geauga County, Ohio
“Beware of Extra Charges”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Made advanced, prepaid reservations for 2 rooms for 5/18/13 arrival. Tried to extend stay on arrival for one more night but all rooms were already booked. On checking out the next day saw a $1.50 charge that was added to our "prepaid rooms" for an in-room safe. The charge and tax were removed by the morning desk clerk since $1.50 + .11 tax charge to my credit card would send up a red flag. I was told it is the hotel's policy to add the charge to every room and it is up to the guest to let the staff know if they will not be using the safe. I advise every traveler to carefully review your bill for extra charges.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear MunsonTraveler,

Hello I would like to clarify the issue that you recently faced behalf the extra safe charges. It is true that prior to check in, that you must announce or claim to the front desk whether or not you will be using the in room safe. If not we do not charge you the amount for it, and do not swindle our guests upon check out. We run our business true and blue everyday and are not here to fool anybody. Thank you for your concerns and hope to see you soon.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is great value for the price. The hotel was very nice and clean, beds are comfortable with your choice of pillows (soft and firm), friendly staff. The buffet breakfast is excellent, they also have a restaurant in the building that serves good italian food.Location is almost near to everything.overall we had pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Joe B,

Hello Mr. Joe B, I would like to thank you for your kind words and we respect you on that. The breakfast buffet is one of the best and an advantage to our service as well as the companionship with our restaurant on the site as they are very friendly and serves nothing but the best, as you know by experience. The comfort of the beds and pillows is very important to the construction and cleanliness of the rooms which we ready for our valuable guests. Thank you again for all the kind comments and words, we hope to see you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Not to the quality of your average Comfort Inn. First impressions the worst including a parking lot that doubles as a garbage site full of trash and things you wouldn't want to have to explain to your kids. The whole place was dark and dingy. The only bright spot was a friendly guy at the counter, but he had to work hard to over shadow the surly attitude of the young woman. Motel 6 would be a step up.

Stayed May 2013
Dear David P,

Hello Mr. David P, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on us and explain about the things that bothered you so we are able to improve the service and quality of Comfort Inn, Fairfield. As far as I know the most disturbing parts were the trash area outside where the area was filthy but we have cleaned it and made it orderly so it does not act like a degrading factor to the hotel. The attitude of the front desk is something we are in process of changing their work ethic and change is seen because they are improving themselves for the good. Please excuse us from these minor mistakes as our service is ever elevating to a level comparable to Holiday Inns , and guarantee that your next stay with us will be the best ever. Thank you again for taking the time to write this to us.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Comfort Inn met our needs. It was clean, service was good. We had a good night's sleep. It was quiet. Breakfast was decent.
Excellent value overall. I liked the complimentary cookies. Internet worked well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear BrownAnita,

Hello I would like to thank you very much for your kind words of courtesy as it shows much respect for the service we give to each and every guest. As part of Choice Hotels International, we strive everyday to bring and maintain the level of service that is needed for Comfort Inn and so far we are doing very well. I understand that your favorites were the breakfast, the complimentary cookies and one of the most important factors contributing to the success of the hotel, the Wi-Fi quality. Simply, by understanding your comments it is very pleasing to see that you loved our service and preferred us above any other hotel. BrownAnita, I would like to invite you again to visit our hotel and become a preferred customer as having guests like you makes our work seem valuable and respected. Thank you once again, hope to see you soon.

Avenel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice and clean hotel, room was very nice, bed was new very comfortable, flat screen television. hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. great location in route 46 east. I would like to stay again. cheaper then other hotel, breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robert D,

Hello and thank you very much for the kind remarks. We are always trying to do our best and giving our guests the best out of the best is in our blood. Service to our guests is something we have top priority for and it is, without doubt, the most important factor we consider for our guests next to the cleanliness and overall hospitality. Once again thank you very much for your kind words. We hope to see you soon.

Alden, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Fairfield Comfort Inn was likely the best of 2 in the NJ and NE USA I've stayed in, and would go back again knowing that it exceeded my expectations, and met my needs.

I had driven 355 miles and arrived at 1:30 am - exhausted. The reception had my key and reservation already prepared, and I was in my room in minutes. No time wasted, and that was a good thing, since I had to get up at 7:00, in order to prepare for my business meeting at 10:00.

Nice choice of newspapers (I picked up the Wall Street Journal), and the breakfast - love having a hot breakfast with eggs and sausage, or something substantial to get you through your morning, when on traveling on business. The bowlful of cornflakes gets old quickly when you are on the road as much as I.

The business center, although just a computer and laser printer in the lobby, did the job I needed, to print a price list for my sales call. It worked and I printed my price list in less than 5 minutes.

I would definitely stay there again. It is a good location for our business, since it is close enough to the NJ/NYC area to serve several companies we work with, while not costing an arm and a leg at a more upscale property such as a Marriott.

My business, WeRecycleBatteries.com, recycles batteries from electronic waste, and I knew I was going to have an exceptional successful day, when I put my belongings into my car. As I walked out, someone had illegally placed an used car battery beside the garbage enclosure. I took this as a good omen, and I picked it up and put in my car, with the front desk's permission, and I handed it to one of my recyclers to properly recycle later that day.

When you are rested, well fed, and feel that your hotel serves you instead of you "getting by" with just a room, and a shower, it sets you up for a successful day - which I did, even though I had you have traveled 355 miles, and 5.5 hours of sleep, and I was rested in the right mood to obtain 2 new accounts for your company later that day, You know you have stayed at the right place - since they played a small but important part of getting ready to be successful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear JKincaide,

Hello primarily I would like to thank you upon your very positive yet descriptive review as I enjoyed reading it very much and felt as if we are correctly executing our jobs at the hotel. We do our best everyday and try not to leave the guest feeling left out or incomplete. Once again, thank you for your kind words and hope to see you soon.

Hudson, Fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Price and location has its advantage here. Also the breakfast is decent. The place was cleaner than our last stay. Carpets looked like they were cleaned. Still could be a little better-some sticky spots on desk and floor in bathroom. Front desk great but cleaning staff doesn't speak english.

Room Tip: First floor rooms seem cleaner.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Buc40 ,

Hello I want to thank you very much for taking your time to write a review for us as it means very much. As a manager, I am able to understand and execute techniques and ways to mold the hotel to the guest's preference like you.

As you have recently mentioned, the carpets are new, cleaned and shampooed every week of the month for your satisfaction. Due to your positive response behalf the carpets I understand that our hard work is going to good use and is a positive change for many. The rooms as you said were very good, however the stickiness of the desks and the restroom facility is something we have recently cleaned and managed to removed as now you will feel nothing but a smooth surface underneath the desk tables and the chairs as well.

I am also very glad that the breakfast was to your benefit and you appreciate it very much as we do our best to serve it fresh and without any regrets. The breakfast assistant in the morning is very welcoming as you know and helpful as she is excellent in replenishing all the missing items .

Thank you Buc40 , as you have given us very good remarks and words of praise as we better our performance and service of the hotel to you and for you only. We appreciate the response very much and hope to see you again soon at your friendly neighborhood Comfort Inn, in Fairfield, NJ.

Parag Patel (GM)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!