“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
London
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Comfort Inn met our needs. It was clean, service was good. We had a good night's sleep. It was quiet. Breakfast was decent.
Excellent value overall. I liked the complimentary cookies. Internet worked well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear BrownAnita,

Hello I would like to thank you very much for your kind words of courtesy as it shows much respect for the service we give to each and every guest. As part of Choice Hotels International, we strive everyday to bring and maintain the level of service that is needed for Comfort Inn and so far we are doing very well. I understand that your favorites were the breakfast, the complimentary cookies and one of the most important factors contributing to the success of the hotel, the Wi-Fi quality. Simply, by understanding your comments it is very pleasing to see that you loved our service and preferred us above any other hotel. BrownAnita, I would like to invite you again to visit our hotel and become a preferred customer as having guests like you makes our work seem valuable and respected. Thank you once again, hope to see you soon.

Parag Patel (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Avenel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice and clean hotel, room was very nice, bed was new very comfortable, flat screen television. hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. great location in route 46 east. I would like to stay again. cheaper then other hotel, breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robert D,

Hello and thank you very much for the kind remarks. We are always trying to do our best and giving our guests the best out of the best is in our blood. Service to our guests is something we have top priority for and it is, without doubt, the most important factor we consider for our guests next to the cleanliness and overall hospitality. Once again thank you very much for your kind words. We hope to see you soon.

Alden, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Fairfield Comfort Inn was likely the best of 2 in the NJ and NE USA I've stayed in, and would go back again knowing that it exceeded my expectations, and met my needs.

I had driven 355 miles and arrived at 1:30 am - exhausted. The reception had my key and reservation already prepared, and I was in my room in minutes. No time wasted, and that was a good thing, since I had to get up at 7:00, in order to prepare for my business meeting at 10:00.

Nice choice of newspapers (I picked up the Wall Street Journal), and the breakfast - love having a hot breakfast with eggs and sausage, or something substantial to get you through your morning, when on traveling on business. The bowlful of cornflakes gets old quickly when you are on the road as much as I.

The business center, although just a computer and laser printer in the lobby, did the job I needed, to print a price list for my sales call. It worked and I printed my price list in less than 5 minutes.

I would definitely stay there again. It is a good location for our business, since it is close enough to the NJ/NYC area to serve several companies we work with, while not costing an arm and a leg at a more upscale property such as a Marriott.

My business, WeRecycleBatteries.com, recycles batteries from electronic waste, and I knew I was going to have an exceptional successful day, when I put my belongings into my car. As I walked out, someone had illegally placed an used car battery beside the garbage enclosure. I took this as a good omen, and I picked it up and put in my car, with the front desk's permission, and I handed it to one of my recyclers to properly recycle later that day.

When you are rested, well fed, and feel that your hotel serves you instead of you "getting by" with just a room, and a shower, it sets you up for a successful day - which I did, even though I had you have traveled 355 miles, and 5.5 hours of sleep, and I was rested in the right mood to obtain 2 new accounts for your company later that day, You know you have stayed at the right place - since they played a small but important part of getting ready to be successful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear JKincaide,

Hello primarily I would like to thank you upon your very positive yet descriptive review as I enjoyed reading it very much and felt as if we are correctly executing our jobs at the hotel. We do our best everyday and try not to leave the guest feeling left out or incomplete. Once again, thank you for your kind words and hope to see you soon.

Hudson, Fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Price and location has its advantage here. Also the breakfast is decent. The place was cleaner than our last stay. Carpets looked like they were cleaned. Still could be a little better-some sticky spots on desk and floor in bathroom. Front desk great but cleaning staff doesn't speak english.

Room Tip: First floor rooms seem cleaner.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Buc40 ,

Hello I want to thank you very much for taking your time to write a review for us as it means very much. As a manager, I am able to understand and execute techniques and ways to mold the hotel to the guest's preference like you.

As you have recently mentioned, the carpets are new, cleaned and shampooed every week of the month for your satisfaction. Due to your positive response behalf the carpets I understand that our hard work is going to good use and is a positive change for many. The rooms as you said were very good, however the stickiness of the desks and the restroom facility is something we have recently cleaned and managed to removed as now you will feel nothing but a smooth surface underneath the desk tables and the chairs as well.

I am also very glad that the breakfast was to your benefit and you appreciate it very much as we do our best to serve it fresh and without any regrets. The breakfast assistant in the morning is very welcoming as you know and helpful as she is excellent in replenishing all the missing items .

Thank you Buc40 , as you have given us very good remarks and words of praise as we better our performance and service of the hotel to you and for you only. We appreciate the response very much and hope to see you again soon at your friendly neighborhood Comfort Inn, in Fairfield, NJ.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Older facility. Room was large, neat and clean, and the bed VERY comfortable. The room was very quiet, even though a major highway was nearby. Large flatscreen TV was nice. Staff was very responsive to needs. Breakfast is OK. If you are looking for a decent place to spend a night or two, at a resonable price, this hotel will fill the bill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello Mr. Tony S,

I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true words of kinds you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests based on our brand standards.Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

As soon as we walked off the elevator you notice the carpets all along the hallway look as though they have not been vaccumed in months. The facet in the tub was leaking, had to keep the bathroom door closed as the noise from it became quite annoying. The screen to the window was torn. The staff at the front desk when we came back in the evening was not friendly and when we asked him what time the restaurant was open til (which was attatched to the hotel and advertised with the hotel online) he said I have no idea it is not part of the hotel, pointed to the door and said you have to ask them.. Don't most hotels have knowledge of the the area for you? Especially something that is attatched to the hotel or offer to find out for you?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

Norristown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel is another frequent stay for me. It's location works for me, although it's not really close to much. Down the street a few miles is the mall that has restaurants near it. Rooms have always been clean and comfortable, but not extravagant. I've never tried the on-site restaurant.

Overall: Clean, comfortable, good location (for me, maybe not others), and a good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!