“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Pittsburgh
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

I was coming to NJ to see Bruce Springsteen and wanted a nice place to stay that wasn't too far from Giants Stadium. After reading the mostly positive reviews, I decided to stay at the Best Western Executive Inn for two nights.

The hotel is average looking from the outside, but that changes once you walk through the front door. The lobby is bright and inviting, and the staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are spacious and clean. A few of the room amenities include: a flat screen t.v., small refrigerator, and microwave. The one thing I noticed most was the cleanliness. Every time I turned around I noticed someone cleaning...polishing the brass on the luggage cart, mopping the floors, shampooing the carpets... I found the place to be VERY clean.

They offer a really nice continental breakfast in their restaurant. Fresh pastries, cereal, fruit, really good coffee...and an omelet station are just some of the goodies you'll enjoy.

The hotel is approx. 20 min. from the Meadowlands. If going to NYC, a bus stop nearby will get you to the city for $8.50/each way and drops you off at the Port Authority Bus Station in Times Square.

Oh, right next door is Calandra plaza with a fabulous bakery. I believe the Calandra family owns the hotel/restaurant and bakery. The pastries and bread are delicious and so is their coffee.

I'm looking forward to staying here again!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
North America
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

We stayed here as part of a package deal to New York City (about 20 minutes in good traffic). The rooms were spacious and clean. The pool and fitness room were a plus, although we didn't have much time to appreciate them. The breakfast was fantastic compared to most hotels in this price range: fresh fruit, cereals, breads, juices, teas, coffee, omelet chef and even walnuts! One thing to watch are the water bottles in the in-room fridge - they appear to be complementary, however $3 will be tacked on to your room if you open one.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — Farther from NYC than most
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

We went with our two children (4 & 6 yrs old), for a one night treat. Although the pool is rather small ~14' X 18' and went from 5' to 3' deep, it was perfect for our children. The watwer was clean and a perfect temperature. There were quite a few older children there too (between ages 8 and 12), and they too had a blast in the pool. The hot-tub on the one end was very nice for mom and dad to relax in while the children played in the pool.

The hotel itself was very clean. The resturant was very good and kid friendly, but a bit pricy. The near-by Willowbrook mall was a great activity for us. We wish we had stayed at least two nights so that we could take in more.

The children are begging us to go back and do it again... and we will.

• Liked — clean site, great breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2007

My husband and I stayed 7 nights at the Fairfield Executive Inn and left with only one concern.

The main purpose of our stay was traveling into NYC daily. We contacted the hotel and found that Lakeland Bus Lines provides daily trips into/from Port Authority Bus terminal in NYC. We were informed the bus stop was only a few feet from the hotel. We arrived in NYC, purchased our passes in the terminal and boarded the bus without problem. However, the bus stop is not "a few feet from the hotel." The bus stop is on a HIGHWAY across the street from the hotel. We arrived after dark, it was snowing and we had our luggage. The driver was nice enough not to drop us at the hotel suggested stop of Hollywood Ave (which is 2 blocks from the hotel at best) and instead dropped us at the Gately overpass across and a short distance from the hotel. Without luggage it may not have been such a problem but either way it would have been nice to be informed in advance. The trip into/from NYC is roughly 35-45 min depending on traffic and there is a chance the bus may be "standing room only."

Outside of that small problem the hotel was far above the Best Western standard.

The staff was incredibly helpful, polite and accomadating. We were not able to use the pool, fitness center or pool table as we didnt spend much time actually at the hotel. Our room was large, well maintained and quiet. There was a wedding party in house (we were just a few doors down from the banquet rooms) and never heard the party itself. The hotel advertises "free wireless internet" but the WIRELESS is LIMITED ACCESS unless you PAY FOR IT. Which was disappointing. We did use the computer center which has 2 computers and a printer. That however is right next door to the banquet rooms and the walls were "thumping" with music during the wedding. There is a large electronic safe in the room that we were very grateful for. The free breakfast is beyond the norm. They offer a omlet station, waffles, fresh bakery items, fresh fruit, meats and cheeses. The free shuttle was very helpful and readily available but can only be used within a 5 mile radius. Its very handy if you would like to go to the Willowbrook Mall or any of the local stores, restaurants. The hotel has a ATM, laundry facilities, microwave for guest use (I believe all the rooms have a frig but you need to request a micro) a lounge (we found the prices high- $19 for 2 drinks) and a very nice Italian Restaurant (we didnt eat dinner there but that is where breakfast is served).

I would definitely stay here again and would reccomend this hotel to others looking for a place outside of NYC that is reasonably priced and well maintained.

(I have some pictures that I will try to add later.)

• Liked — The friendly staff and proximity to NYC.
  • Disliked — The wireless access and that the hotel in on a highway.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
boston,ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

My husband and two children wanted a vacation before the kids went back to school. We decided on New York City, but found the prices out of reach for a "nice" hotel. A relative told us about this hotel that she stays with when on business in New Jersey. She said we would love it and the prices...she is right.
A beautiful lobby to friendly staff to a really great room, all in short order. The kids wanted to go swimming in the hotel pool as soon as we settled in. The pool and jacuzzi were perfect after our four hour drive.
The kids played pool in the hotel billiards room while we were getting ready for dinner. My husband wants to play after dinner.
The Italian Restaurant called Cucina Calandra is beautiful and has exceptional food. My kids watched the pizza man make pizza's in the brick oven. He made them pizza in the shape of Mickey Mouse and Spongebob. The kids loved it.
We are excited about showing the kids around New York since it will be their first time. The hotel is only 20 miles from the Lincoln Tunnel and it will be an easy commute into the city. There also is a bus stop next to the hotel which goes directly to Port Authority in New York.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
spokan,wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

I recently had a very intimate wedding for 60 people in June at this hotel. My husbands family is from New Jersey so we planned to have our wedding there. My family and some relatives flew in from Washington State where we live.
The hotel sales and catering department made this wedding go off as smoothly as if I had been making the arrangements from New Jersey. They handled every detail from hotel rooms for our guests to the color linen on our tables without any problems. Everyone who attended commented on the wonderful accomodations and extremely friendly and knowledgable staff.
Everything was absolutely perfect on our wedding day and I will always remember the caring and genuine staff and their efforts on our special day.
Thank you so much for all that you did to make our wedding both enjoyable and memorable.

• Liked — All Arrangements handled perfectly
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Norwalk,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

I am staying at this Best Western in Fairfield, NJ, and I had to write in about it. My wife and Inlaws asked me to stop here on our way home from visiting relatives in Virginia and New Jersey. Even though we are only two hours from home, I agreed.

This hotel is very busy with lots of wedding people bustling all around. The hotel is top notch with fine decor and amenities. I am glad we decided to stay here because there is an Italian Restaurant in the hotel and the food is out of this world. The bar is very large and has large plasma TV's and entertainment on the weekends. I'll be at the bar with my family tonight!

Great rooms and friendly staff...will definitely come back on my next drive through.

• Liked — Rates are very reasonable
  • Disliked — Restaurant so popular we had to be put on waiting list for half hour
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Executive Inn? Share your experiences!