“Unexpected Stay After Holiday Inn Refused to Honor Confirmation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   690 Route 46 East, Fairfield, NJ 07004 (Formerly Prime Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Unexpected Stay After Holiday Inn Refused to Honor Confirmation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza after the Holiday Inn, Totowa refused to honor the confirmation we had for a stay with them. It cost more, but the hotel was much nicer. The staff was extremely competent. They were able to find our reservations instantly, helped sort out coupons for free breakfast in the morning, reset our keys which were disabled because we put them next to our cell phones, etc. The rooms were very nicely decorated. The air conditioning very powerful (cooled the room in minutes) and it was nice to have everything we needed in the room (hairdryer, full size ironing board and iron) without having to ask. The breakfast was delicious and above standard. Fresh fruit, goat cheese, french toast, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt with fruit and granola, fresh squeezed orange juice, great pastries, etc. Our only complaint is that the bed was very firm. We are used to a pillow-top mattress and neither of us slept soundly. We tossed and turned a bit. We did not use the pool or eat at the restaurant except for breakfast. The location is good too. Near the interstate, restaurants, mall and right next to Target for anything you forgot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bloomington, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Rooms were clean. Really liked the room and having living room area. Friendly staff. The bar was nice but only one TV. The bartender was friendly. Fairly close to some nice restaurants and mall.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a one nighter, in and out as I had local business to conduct. We checked in around 430pm, and met in the lobby to review some plans. Seating in the lobby and later, the bar area, were just fine. Service was attentive, and while we ate across the street at Houlihan's (an easy walk) the food here looked good.

Rooms were clean and updated and the beds were comfortable. There's a Target and a gas station next door if you need something, and the bar/lobby had a decent menu. The beer and wine list was more than acceptable. This was a short trip so I did not try out the fitness facilities.

Internet wi-fi could be slow at times, and I wished my office chair in the room had arms, but those are my own issues. There were plenty of connection options for power and to the TV.

I had a luggage stand for my bag, and a good sized, and clean bathroom. The AC is a wall-mount, and a bit noisy. If it were 10 degrees cooler outside I wouldn't have needed the AC. If you have a car you can get to the mall.

I'd be back, if I come to this area again.

Steve

Room Tip: Face the Target parking lot for a quieter room
Bourne, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was pleased with my stay, don't get me wrong. But there were a few few details that made it just ok.

The location was very convenient. Right near the main interstate and fairly easy to get in and out of. Rush hour trying to get out of the parking lot proved a bit challenging, but manageable. It is located on the eastbound side of a divided highway, so getting to the hotel driving west takes a few more steps, but it was fine for me.

The parking was a bit inconvenient. If you get back late, the main door can be a bit of a walk from your space. All the lobby personnel were very courteous and friendly and quick with suggestions for dining or other.

I found getting around the main floor a bit confusing. Not the best layout I've seen. Welcoming and clean though. There was a gym and a pool. I was not able to use either of them during my stay, but they looked clean and better then most places I've stayed for business.

My room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. It faced the busy highway, but wasn't overly loud. I could hear a bit of what was going on.

The biggest problem for me with the value was the fact that breakfast was not included with the stay. Most places with the price point of the hotel include breakfast. Fortunately, when I was there, the computer wasn't working and the waitress gave me my meal for free. The selection was better than most places, and it was good and hot, but to charge for it was not what I expected.

On another note, not really a complaint about the hotel, but the restaurant. I did have dinner onsite at Chives, and ordered the Onion Soup and Baby Spinach Salad. The onion soup, however hot, was super salty, almost to the point of inedible. I also found the dressing for the salad to be very salty as well. I was in a pinch and had some of both, but I would shy away from this place if you have the option.

Overall, a good stay, with welcoming staff and a convenient enough location. Look into the Best Western Fairfield for a better option.

Room Tip: Try for one not facing the highway for those light sleepers.
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

If It weren't for the noisy AC, I would have give 5 out 5. The hotel was very clean throughout. The food at Chives was wonderful. The staff at the front desk were wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating to meet any needs one may have. The only downside, the AC was very noisy every time it kicked on. I woke up several times throughout the night from the noise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, I do apologies for any inconvinience that you encountered with us in reference to the AC Unit, however overall your stay was great. Please allow me to say thank you for a wonderful review, Hope to see you you soon in the near future.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was at this hotel for a business trip. I consider it as a good hotel, with good food and good service, the staff is friendly and very supportative.
The hotel is surrounded by several businesses and for the headquarter of several manufacturer companies. it is also close to a mall where you can do some shopping if you want.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear: Ms. Rossy P.

Thank you, for taking the time to share your past experience at Crowne Plaza Fairfield. We are delighted to see that you appreaciated our good location and our delicious Chives restaurant.
Thank you againfor posting a review, we look forward to your return visit !

Kind regards

Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel has been renovated recently. The staff weren’t overly friendly but also weren’t rude. I had asked for a higher floor but did not receive one as they were almost sold out. The problem I have is that I was awoken at about 2:30 in the morning due to noisy neighbors. I know this is to be expected sometimes, but what really bothered me is that I called the front desk twice and the party continued. I did not receive a good night’s sleep and likely won’t be back to this hotel again. On the plus side the rooms were nice and clean and the hotel in general looks well taken care of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear: Sir/ Madam

Thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the circumstances.

It is our goal to consistenly provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we recieve from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Silvia Velazquez

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!