“Pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Bloomington, il
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Not a big fan of Mexican food, but this was good. Plenty of tasty chips and salsa. Margaritas were very good. Luckily they have Cajun food. The étouffée was great.

Visited May 2013

Boonton, New Jersey
“Love Jose!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I don't know why I never wrote a review for Jose Tejas before! My husband and I have been regulars here for years and love the food...and the sangria is awesome! The place is so big, we've never ever had to wait for a table. We've had almost everything on the menu. Portions are huge. In fact, we've started splitting our meal in order to keep ourselves from overeating, and even with that, we sometimes still take some home. The fajitas are great, the Caesar salad with salmon is one of our favorites, all the chicken and fish dishes are delish! We also love their grilled veggies. And of course, the tortillas and salsa are addictive. The service has always been very good and friendly. It's also a great place to bring kids. They always have balloons and cater to the little ones. It's a very casual and fun place.

The one thing I've never been able to figure out is the pricing. It's very inexpensive, which is very nice, but the prices are such strange amounts, like $7.48 or $8.82...odd amounts...maybe to be funny? Or just to catch your attention..? It always makes me laugh.

Also, I found out that Jose Tejas is related to Border Cafe. Very surprised! It's waaaaay better than Border. We ate there once and would never go back. Mediocre food and service. Go to Jose instead!!

By the way, there are two sets of reviews for this restaurant. The other one has the name spelled with lower case (jose tejas). They are both for the same restaurant, so I put my review in both places, after I discovered this.

• Visited April 2013

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Great food, fast service, good prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am a semi regular at Jose Tejas and am never disappointed when I go. Their chips and salsa are simply the best I have ever tasted. The chips come out hot, and the salsa is freshly made with chunks of tomato. Yum!!! I will admit that I rarely order an appetizer, because these chips are simply THAT good. Occasionally, I'll get an order of guacamole for the chips . . .

The place is not a quiet, romantic get-away. It can be loud, with families and country music playing continuously. It hustles and bustles. You are in quickly and service is fast.

I have tried most of the menu over the years and have been ordering the salads recently. All of the salads are huge with fresh ingredients, and can include steak or chicken. They are wonderful. The Tex-Mex food is all good. The margaritas are very good, according to my wife. I usually have the Corona with a lime.

One of the best parts of the experience is when you get the bill. Prices are very affordable. Well done, Jose Tejas!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food and great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had Gulf Coast Enchiladas, an appetizer, and queso dip for the chips, which were all extremely tasty. Plus 4 margaritas, and the total was just over $50. I would go back there again. And the staff was very friendly.

Visited April 2013