“Stayed at the Crowne, dined at Houlihan's” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: In 1972, Houlihan's first opened its doors in Kansas City with an eclectic menu and energetic bar scene. Ferns hung throughout, artifacts cluttered the walls, tapestries made by San Francisco hippies formed the ceiling. It was hot.Fast forward a few decades. New inspiration. New menus. New soundtrack. And a modern, warm restaurant design with a prominent bar. Today, our company is built entirely around what the progressive consumer seeks in a restaurant + bar experience.
Irvine, California
“Stayed at the Crowne, dined at Houlihan's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A colleague and I stayed at the Crowne and over a drink decided to drive across the street to go to a place we knew, Houlihan's. The food at the Crowne looked OK, we just wanted a change. We could have walked but the weather threatened.

we were seated right away, and the TV was changed by the hostess to the TV team my colleague follows. team name will be anonymous so as to not color the review.

I had the fired Salmon, and he had the special, the blackened Tilpia. Both winners. He had the potato soup as a starter as it's his favorite, and it hit the mark.

service, food , value, all met the mark, especially for a chain.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks so much taking the time to review us. We're glad you enjoyed your food and your visit. We look forward to serving you again!
- Alex, Houlihan's Marketing

McKinney, Texas
“They knew what I drank”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

They always had a beer waiting for me, because I did not want to sit in my room the whole time. Food was great and the beer was cold. That is all I care about. Enjoy this place.

Visited November 2012
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We're glad you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to serving you again.
“Good service and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Originally intended to try the Mexican place next to Houlihans but that place was packed. The bar area was pretty busy. Bartenders were attentive. The food was pretty good and came at a good pace.. Exceeded my expectations as I never have had much luck with this chain.

Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We're really glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to serving you again.
Buffalo, New York
“Great food, great prices, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my first time here and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it.All of the food was delicious and cooked perfectly. The server was attentive and knowledgeable. I would definitely.go back again.I generally do not like chain restaurants because the food is usually sub par, but the food here was exceptional. A manager stopped by every table to ask how everything was which i liked because it showed that the restaurant cares about their customers.

Highly recommended!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Used to love this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I used to love the fish tacos here..the last two times I came here the fish was bad that I couldn't eat any of it..after 2 times of that I never came back

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere