“very nice and simple hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 U.S. Highway 46 East, Fairfield, NJ 07004   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
New York City, New York
“very nice and simple hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

we stayed here for 1 night (fri-to-sat in june) in a wedding block in room 157. nice standard cute hotel. very fast/quick check-in and automatic check-out. wedding rate was $125/night which i thought was a touch high, but they had 4-5 other weddings there that night/weekend too!

we had a 1-king bedroom, nice firm bed. bathroom was nice with good water pressure in sink and okay in shower (really high shower head - great for tall people!). we def stayed next door to guests who were part of weddings/up late, but you heard NO noise once you were in your room! sign in bathroom said they could provide toiletries if you forgot them (like toothpaste/brush, shaving stuff, etc.)

bar in lobby was open until about 2am i think. a drink/cocktail there was about $7.

free breakfast until 10am (altho the food stayed out until 11am) - hot food: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, hash browns, waffle makers, oatmeal, coffee/tea / cold food: fruit, muffins, bagels, juices, cereal.

google maps took us out of the way for 10min when driving here, it's bc you can't make a left into the hotel off the road (there's no opening in the divider) which is annoying. just FYI.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night recently for a friends wedding. The lobby and bar area is very nice, the room was a double and was comfortable but nothing special.

The part that was a problem is the next morning, when I went to take a shower, I noticed the showed had not been cleaned and had a big black hairball floating in the drain as well as hairs all over the tub. I called the front desk and while they couldn't give me another room, they did offer to come up and clean it. At this point, I didn't care to wait and decided to just leave and shower at home. For the price of this hotel, this is unacceptable.

There are signs all over the hotel advertising how clean the sheets are, they should focus on the tubs next.

I've stayed in the nearby crowne plaza, the rooms are nicer and I never had a cleanliness concern.

Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I will stay here again if I'm in New Jersey again, everything was wonderful from the Front desk staff to the Houseman. Breakfast was very good, bedding and room were as clean as you can get access was easy, close to allot of fun things to do, and very close to downtown New York

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed there three times, all on business. Each time the rooms are clean and modern and staff is friendly. Breakfast buffet always has many choices. Very good shuttle service. Calandra's restaurant on site is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Hampton Inn Fairfield is great if you are in the area and need affordable, but still comfortable accommodations. It isn't fancy, but is clean and very nice. The restaurant on site is lovely, and I would go again even if I wasn't staying at the hotel. The Front Desk Staff was very accommodating with our group. We were staying here for a wedding, something that seemed common as I noticed three separate groups of wedding welcome bags at the front desk check-in. The staff were very flexible with us, something we really appreciated. A side note, I mentioned to the front desk that I may have left something behind. The front desk manager called me later to follow up and inform me that the item was not found (I later found the item hidden in my suitcase haha). I appreciated the call, it was very considerate.

north caroline, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

the food at the restaurant was great some of the best i have ever had .... and staff was fast and also good. we come up north a lot to see friends and family and we both said that we would go back to just for dinner the food was so good. the hotel was clean and the setting was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Seymour, CT, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I like Hampton Inn. I have to stay overnight often in hotels, and I will always first seek a Hampton Inn, because they tend to be reasonably priced (depending on the area), and they are consistently nice. I like their bathrooms a lot, and the rooms always have everything I need. This Hampton Inn, however, is a bit nicer than any of the others I've been to. It's run more akin to a nicer hotel. The rooms were average Hampton Inn fare--nothing extraordinary, but always clean, comfortable, and homey. I had a King room, and mine was equipped with a microwave and fridge. The lobby and dining area are grander and lovelier than the average Hampton Inn, with a big stone fireplace. And unlike the average Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at, it has not only ample meeting facilities, but banquet facilities as well. It also has an in-house restauarant that serves as room service for guests at the Inn, also something a bit above and beyond the average Hampton Inn. I paid $169 plus taxes and fees for my room, and thought it a bit steep...but all things considered, you do get a lot for your stay. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield? Share your experiences!