“Terrible Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Ewing Princeton

You added Courtyard Ewing Princeton to your Saves list
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   360 Scotch Road, Ewing, NJ 08628 (Formerly Courtyard Ewing Hopewell)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Be sure to check your bill before and after you check out, chances are it's wrong and they've over charged you.
The staff at this hotel are completely Incompetent! We had a wedding block at this hotel and I worked with Ashley on the planning, she was great until I complained about the poor service and all she said was "I'll talk to my manager", who was equally unhelpful. The front desk staff was a bunch of idiots who blamed their poor service on the computers and not working in a few days. After making numerous mistakes, no one took the blame for anything and I became extremely frustrated at the lack of communication between staff members.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear smiller428,

Thank you for your feedback and I truly apologize that your stay with us wasn't to your satisfaction. It does strike me as a surprise to hear that you felt our staff were "idiots" after the great strides we took in making sure your stay with us as well as your wedding went flawlessly. As I recall, your flower bouquet was left in your hotel room prior to your wedding and our Front Desk Agent was called and asked to send it over in a taxi cab. Our Front Desk Agent instead contacted our Engineer to have him take it over personally in our shuttle to make sure it arrived safe and on time. I do remember speaking to you about your stay as well as compensating you for what you felt was not satisfactory service, so I am sorry to hear you did not feel that this situation was handled correctly. If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Tiffany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
broadlands,va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very clean and nice hotel if staying in the Ewing-Hopewell Township area of NJ. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was a nice size and so was the bathroom. The room had a nice desk and sofa in it to relax or work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear vawert,

Thank you so much for your amazing comments about the Courtyard Ewing! Nothing makes me happier than to hear that my guests have had a truly memorable stay at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in the area!

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nothing special. Nothing bad.

Members of staff generally very friendly. One at the front desk didn't seem to know much.

Stayed there for a wedding in the area and OK / very functional for that.

One gripe - it would be good to have a mirror in the room. The only mirrors are in the bathroom and are unusable after a shower due to steaming up.

Tip: Go down to Nick's Cafe 72 on West Upper Ferry Road for a great down-home breakfast experience

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr_Haddock,

Thank you for your comment and feedback about the Courtyard Ewing. We do have rooms that have full length mirrors outside of the bathroom (the mirror placement depends on the room type and bathroom type). If you ever do stay with us again, we will make sure you are in one of these rooms so that we can ensure you have a perfect stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Excellent all around. Rooms are immaculate and nicely decorated. Staff professional and courteous. The front desk even called our room about 30 minutes after we checked in to make sure we were satisfied with our room.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Susan R,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Courtyard Ewing. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you as our guest next time you're visiting TCNJ!

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hotel was very clean. Staff was pleasant and accommodating when I checked in. Shame they don't offer a free breakfast like Residence/Fairfield Inns. A little confusing to find as it is tucked behind off the main street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Karen W,

I appreciate your comments and feedback in regards to your stay at the Courtyard Ewing. I do understand your frustration with not having breakfast included, however we pride ourselves in offering a variety of hearty and healthy options that appeal to all of our guests at our Bistro restaurant. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in town.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while on a business trip in the Hopewell area and was very pleased. Access to the hotel from I95 is very easy and the hotel is in a very quiet area. The only exception is the occasional jet or helicopter leaving from the neighboring Trenton/Mercer airport but that wasn't bad. The rooms are all very well appointed with comfortable beds, great work spaces, and clean modern bathrooms. The food is great in the bistro area in the lobby, and the staff was highly professional and courteous. The only issue I had was the lack of any kind of drink vending on the room floors. There was ice service, but if you want anything to drink you have to go down to the lobby to purchase it. Slightly inconvenient for that occasional midnight urge for a drink while working late. That was a minor inconvenience compared to the quality of the facility and the value it provided. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling on business or with family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel would appear to be quieter as they're facing opposite the airpor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear James K,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments about your stay with us! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our delicious food from our Bistro as well as being able to interact with some of our amazing staff. We now offer room service for all guests during our dinner hours (5pm - 10pm) so next time you stay with us we'd be more than happy to bring the soda to you so you won't have to leave your room. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I accidentally booked my stay for the night before my flight and failed to cancel my reservation because I hadn't noticed that the date was incorrect. I called the hotel the next morning (from the airport) and explained what had happened. They were understanding and, since I still needed to stay there, didn't charge me for two nights. It was very refreshing to have an organization actually understand a simple error.

The property was very inviting, with a nice, modern lobby. That continued on to my room, which was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary Wi-Fi worked very well. The hotel is very conveniently located, being just off I95.

This was a great stay and I definitely would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Merscooter,

Thank you so much for your comments about the Courtyard Ewing. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again next time you're in the area!

Tiffany

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!