“A Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
Roscommon, Ireland
“A Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed here for 6 nights from October 24th, 2013. From the moment we checked in the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We chose the hotel due to its proximity to Manhattan, without the Manhattan prices and because we had family living in Englewood. The room was very spacious and clean and could sleep 4. We had use of the gym and swimming pool 24/7. We had breakfast each day at the hotel, and every morning there was a large variety of food available. Five choices of cereal, various types of breads and pastries, fresh fruit, yoghurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, the choice was immense. We always found the staff at breakfast to be cheerful and friendly. The reception staff were most helpful and always ready to answer our many questions! The free wifi was an added bonus for our teenage daughter! We did not use the hotel transport but chose to walk to the bus stop to get the bus into Manhattan, it is only a short distance away. The trip on the express bus into Manhattan cost 4.70 and took about 45 minutes and left you in the centre of Manhattan at 42nd Street. We ate in the diner across the road one evening and had a nice meal there, we never ate in the hotel in the evening. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a friendly, clean and close to Manhattan with good transport links and great proximity to the Paramus Park Mall outlets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Coimbatore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for couple of nights when visiting my offices in Teaneck. The rooms are spacious, but look old. One expects much better from a Crowne Plaza. Otherwise the room had all the amenities for a business traveler. Free Wi-Fi was very useful. The room I had was quiet and had a great view.
The breakfast was very good, plenty of choice and options.
The staff - reception, housekeeping and the restaurant - all were very friendly and helpful.
They offer a shuttle drop to nearby places within two miles - that was very convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.
We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always refreshing to receive positive comments from our guests. Undoubtedly, there is always room for improvement and we thank you for assisting us towards that goal.
Franklin Square, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because our infant son had to be transferred to Columbia Presbyterian's Children's Hospital, from a Long Island hospital, where we live. We needed be close to the hospital, but didn't want to pay NYC hotel rates, since it would be a long stay. The employees of this hotel...shuttle drivers, front desk, restaurant staff, cleaning staff...were fantastic. The compassion, kindness, and high level of hospitality surpassed our expectations. I hope that future guests read this review...but also the management of this hotel. It is life changing to go through such a traumatic event as a parent, with a sick child, and to have your faith in human beings be restored. This experience has brought out the genuine goodness in people...and that includes the staff of this hotel. Management should be proud of their employees!

Thank you to the staff of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood for your compassion and kindness!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Melissa O, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our entire staff. Thank you again from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
NY State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were getting married in the area and needed a place to stay the night before, and a place to recuperate the day after.

This hotel is nothing special to look at, but is clean, quiet and very comfortable. The front desk was incredibly helpful and when they couldn't provide what I needed, they had a suitable alternative.

My husband and step-daughter LOVED the heated pool--an important thing for people who are always cold!

We did attempt to have breakfast in their dining room, but upon realizing we had things to do (like, get beautified for the wedding!)--our server, Zoila, was sympathetic and cancelled our order so that we could bolt back upstairs to our rooms.

All in all, a pleasant stay and a place I would consider going back to for a short weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rossy S, Reservations Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such comprehensive feedback about your stay with us. We are glad that you were able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in.
We are sorry you were unable to sample the food at our Blue City Grill restaurant, we hope you will come back and stay with us sometime in the future so you can try it out!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Crown Plaza in Englewood from Friday, August 16th - Monday, August 19th.

1. Hotel was very clean. Front desk staff was very efficient. All questions and issues were addressed immediately.

2. I was very disappointed that the 24 hour pool was unavailable on Sunday because it needed maintenance. It was open on Saturday, but there were about 20 children and 10 instructors using the pool because the hotel rents or allows "Take Me To The Water" to provide swimming classes there to their students. I've included a photo of posting outside of pool.

3. The Blue City Grill restaurant located on the hotel premises provides the room service, the breakfast buffet and is open for dinner. The breakfast buffet (which I prepaid when I booked the hotel) was average but the service provided by Ms. Dee Dee was exceptional. She was exceedingly attentive, gracious and genuinely invested in providing an excellent dining experience for all guests. The next morning we were served coffee by Mr. Rafael who seemed to detest his job and had an overall unpleasant demeanor. At dinner time I quickly discovered why the restaurant was empty. No one was eating dinner there on all 3 nights we were there. I ordered a well done hamburger to go but when I got to my room and I started to eat the burger I discovered that it was raw in the middle. I went back downstairs and spoke with Mr. William who stated he was the manager of the Blue City Grill. He told me to microwave the hamburger. I told him I wasn't going to do that. He proceeded to ask me where I was from and suggested I was from South America where people don't know that microwaves can be used to cook food. Then he asked me when I was going to get back on the plane back to South America. I informed him that I was born and raised in New York City. Ultimately, he refunded the money for hamburger. Racism is alive and well at the Blue City Grill. My advice is not to spend your money at the Blue City Grill. A much better and delicious option is the hamburger served by "The Joy Burger" located on 100th St and Lexington Ave on the Upper East. It is always freshly prepared. I also recommend the Hyatt located in Jersey City, NJ for an exceptional hotel experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
On behalf of the Hotel Management and Staff please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.Our hotel does review and address these situations very carefully.
Your comments have been discussed amongst the entire Hotel Management team. I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I assure you that action steps will be taken in order to avoid similar situations in the future.
Hornell, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very nice hotel - have stayed several times when visiting NYC - convenient, clean and affordable. The rooms are spacious, breakfast is good (havent eaten dinner) and a nice bar. The staff was very pleasant and took care of our needs. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Guest Survey and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments. We are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is perfect for anyone traveling to see a game at Yankee Stadium. The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are large and clean. The beds are comfortable. We were traveling with a group of 10 - of the 5 rooms there were no complaints about anything. The pool at the hotel is a plus for those who want to use it. A hot tub would make it better. The biggest plus of this hotel though and what makes it worth more is the location. Walking to the 4 West diner is easy for food and the bar is nice. A grocery store is 2 minutes drive and a great bagel shop is even closer. Yankee stadium is a simple 10 minute drive going RT 4 to 95 and over the George Washington Bridge. Would stay again next year if the price is right =)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fatima O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff, we wish to thank you for your kind comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Clinton Inn Hotel
Clinton Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tenafly
4.0 of 5 stars 169 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood? Share your experiences!