We stayed at the Crown Plaza in Englewood from Friday, August 16th - Monday, August 19th.
1. Hotel was very clean. Front desk staff was very efficient. All questions and issues were addressed immediately.
2. I was very disappointed that the 24 hour pool was unavailable on Sunday because it needed maintenance. It was open on Saturday, but there were about 20 children and 10 instructors using the pool because the hotel rents or allows "Take Me To The Water" to provide swimming classes there to their students. I've included a photo of posting outside of pool.
3. The Blue City Grill restaurant located on the hotel premises provides the room service, the breakfast buffet and is open for dinner. The breakfast buffet (which I prepaid when I booked the hotel) was average but the service provided by Ms. Dee Dee was exceptional. She was exceedingly attentive, gracious and genuinely invested in providing an excellent dining experience for all guests. The next morning we were served coffee by Mr. Rafael who seemed to detest his job and had an overall unpleasant demeanor. At dinner time I quickly discovered why the restaurant was empty. No one was eating dinner there on all 3 nights we were there. I ordered a well done hamburger to go but when I got to my room and I started to eat the burger I discovered that it was raw in the middle. I went back downstairs and spoke with Mr. William who stated he was the manager of the Blue City Grill. He told me to microwave the hamburger. I told him I wasn't going to do that. He proceeded to ask me where I was from and suggested I was from South America where people don't know that microwaves can be used to cook food. Then he asked me when I was going to get back on the plane back to South America. I informed him that I was born and raised in New York City. Ultimately, he refunded the money for hamburger. Racism is alive and well at the Blue City Grill. My advice is not to spend your money at the Blue City Grill. A much better and delicious option is the hamburger served by "The Joy Burger" located on 100th St and Lexington Ave on the Upper East. It is always freshly prepared. I also recommend the Hyatt located in Jersey City, NJ for an exceptional hotel experience.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Englewood
- Englewood Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You ve just found Englewood s best kept secret! Located right off Route 4 and minutes from downtown Manhattan, the Crowne Plaza Englewood provides the perfect blend of comfort, convenience and service. Visit the many fine restaurants and shops of downtown Englewood. Take in a show at Bergen Performing Arts Center. Catch the game at Yankee Stadium, Citi Field or the Izod Center. Visiting New York City? New Jersey Transit bus transportation is only a few blocks away. Successful meetings start here! We are close to many corporations such as: Unilever, Samsung, LG Electronics, Staples, Cognizant and CareOne. Ready to relax after a big day? Settle into one of the spacious guest rooms at this first-class Englewood New Jersey hotel - with stylish furnishings and features that evoke the comforts of home. Unwind in our large heated swimming pool, or work out in our fully equipped exercise room. Planning a wedding or social event? Our on site catering staff is at your service, ready to create the perfect ambiance for every occasion. Experience unsurpassed elegance at this contemporary-style hotel in Northern New Jersey, where you'll find a variety of services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.