“Always Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Englewood
New York, NY
“Always Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We go to Benny's once a week, sometimes more. It's always delicious. Best hummus and vegetables. Pita crust pizza is 1 of my favorites.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very nice food, right from Koftas to salads. What really brought me back multiple times was Humus with Chick Peas....awesome.

Service is great with smiling staff. Benny connects with all his customers and ensures comfort

Visited August 2012
Englewood, New Jersey
“A little gem in Englewood, Delicious Food, Warm Cozy Atmosphere, BYOB!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We have eaten here many times, but for some reason when it is a local restaurant we forget to do a review! My husband and I ate there last night, and I just had to write something! First of all, this is a tiny little restaurant, as cosy and warm as can be and well worth a trip from the city or surrounding towns. The owner, who is also the chef is always there, and very welcoming indeed. There is a case filled with the most delicious array of appetizers. We ordered 7 different ones and made that our meal! Every week they make a "vegetable pie" this has no crust but is formed into little squares of divine morsels that are so delicous it is a must, we had homemade humus, meat pie (with crust one side) grilled eggplant, spinich pie, deliciously seasoned vegetable "stew", not like a traditional stew this is drier, more like grilled, with wonderful fresh vegetables and gigantic mushrooms, spinich sauteed with sweet onions, all of this served with a basket of home made pita. Let me say this, my husband and I are not vegetarians!!! My husband is a real "meat eater", but he attests to the fact that you can have the most delicious, filling and wonderful meal here, with or without meat!! We have had their chicken dishes, their soup, the shrimp skewers and many of the delicous, fresh, and homemade things on their menu! Dinner for the two of us with the 7 appetizers amounted to $33.40, + tax and tip --we brought our own wine, we actually felt guilty for paying so little for such an enjoyable meal! Additionally, my husband and I also feel like the room is romantic, because it is not brightly lit and the room is beautifully painted with fun chandeliers and candles. I highly recommend this restaurant for a great change of pace-- bring your own wine, and have an enjoyable meal in a cozy atmosphere for an incredible price!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nj
“Home-made Lebanese delights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Come to Englewood a few times a year & tried Bennie's today for the first time after a few recommendations from town folk as the best choice on the main street. We weren't disappointed & had a wonderful early dinner. Picked 6 items from the special menu; kebob & 2 other items or chicken & 2 other items. The chicken was a cold sesame sauced generous & delicious serving w/a special of pea, carrot & corn stew also delicious. Spouse had the lamb keob, meat pie & coucous w/fruit & vegetables, all served w/warm pita. Anxious to try the other items on the menu. Friendly service.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not bad....close by....they do have hookah's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

Not bad....close by....they do have hookah's