“Go for the music!” 3 of 5 stars

Cross street: River Drive
North Jersey
“Go for the music!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

Went this past Friday night as a friend was playing in the group providing the live music. There were 7 of us. We ordered fried calamari and the meat & cheese platter. Calamari was chewy but the meat and cheese were phenomenal! The entrees left much to be desired. I had ordered the Rustico sandwich. Grilled chicken, roasted peppers, and fresh mozzarella on a choice of bread.. I went for the ciabatta roll. What was presented to me? Charred, blackened yuck! Told the waitress I couldn't eat that! How did any cook worth anything let that leave his kitchen! Shaw said she'd bring me another. If course there were no rolls left so I got the wrap. When I finally got it, it was actually kinda tasty. However many others in my party couldn't say the same.

The absolute worst part of the evening was the service. She was slow, disinterested, and just plain not good at what she did. Granted there was only one server, but we had to chase her down at the end of the night to get our bill. She never came back during our meal to ask if we were doing ok or wanted more drinks or ask if we wanted coffee. The money we would've spent if she had bothered to come back.

The best part of the evening was the music. The band playing this past Friday was Tapestry. They played a great mix of easy listening and even some dance tunes. Check out the restaurant's website to see when they play again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere