“Beware of the new ownership!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elmer
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines to your Saves list
49 Beal Road, Elmer, NJ 08318   |
Atco, New Jersey
“Beware of the new ownership!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

1- One morning, a camper nearby stepped out of his camper , fired off a single shotgun round into the air then went back into his camper. This office was notified by multiple campers but no action was taken and the man remained at the campground the rest of the weekend.
2- We booked in June for an October trip along with 3 other families. When we made the reservation it was for a 36 ft long camper, however, we arrived to having accommodations on a 25 ft site. Needless to say, our camper didn't fit and we were moved over an hour later (in the dark although it was light when we arrived) to a site nowhere near the rest of our group. We called the office to complain several times over several days and never received a call back. I finally went to the office to speak to a manager. She placed the blame for the mistake on me but did agree to refund 1 night of lodging. While generating the refund she continued to explain how the issue was my fault, that I should have complained earlier and that the rest of my group, some of whom were there before we arrived, should have moved to where we had been relocated "if it was such a problem". Clearly hearing how ridiculous her argument was, the owner entered the conversations. He was beyond rude,he insulted me personally several times, which i suspect would not have happened if my husband had been with me, and then realizing he had no ground to argue from, stated he would refund the entire trip. He never did give me that refund.
3- We were charged above the normal rate to stay on this particular weekend because it was a Halloween event. Half of the children's attractions (which we were told are what we were paying extra for) were not up and running the entire weekend.When the staff were questioned as to when they would be running, we were told, on several occasions, that they did not have enough staff to open the attractions.
4- The entire place smells of sewage.
We stayed here in the past under the old ownership and it was a great then. I'll never go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, Public Relations Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
This park has not changed ownership. We investigated when you brought to our attention a possible gun shot. No one else heard or saw anything resembling a gun shot. We take customer safety very seriously and actions like this would not be tolerated.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Norwood,Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We are already planning our visit for next summer. We went for a fall camping weekend in Oct. We rented a RV for 5 people, we had plenty of room. the site was very neat and clean. Lots of Holloween things going on and fun for all of us. i went to the office because I couldn't get the oven lite, the person who was sent to fix it was there before I even got back. Turns out the oven was fine, it was me not following directions. we will be going back in the summer and hope to stay for a week.

Room Tip: we will rent a cabin next time, the shower in RV is very small.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family and I have been going to Jellystone Park every year for several years now, so obviously we love it enough to make it an annual experience already. It's clean, well maintained with excellent customer service and great facilities at a very good price.

But this past trip really made me appreciate just how great having honest and caring staff can really be.

When I checked in, I lost my cabin key almost immediately, and went to the office the next day explaining I had no idea what had happened to the key and asked for a replacement. Of course, they obliged with not even a mention of a penalty for losing my key, but because I was unsure of where I had lost the key, I decided when I left the room to go through the excellent haunted maze and hayride that I did not want to carry the very large amount of cash I happened to have in my wallet around with me, so I decided that since I was unsure if I lost my key outside that I would 'hide' the money under my mattress, just in case someone had stolen my key. We had a great time at the haunted attraction, then spent the next few hours at a campfire with our family and friends at one of their cabins.

Well, of course when checking out I found the key in the room where I had mistakenly dropped it, but completely forgot about hiding the money under the mattress. I didn't realize my mistake until I had gotten home - which is over 2 hours away from Jellystone.

In a panic, I called the resort and was lucky enough to talk to the Manager Brian, who personally went to the room, and quickly called to say that he found the cash and even went to the trouble of going out of his way to send it back to me that same day so I wouldn't have to drive all the way back.

Keep in mind this was a very large sum of cash, an amount that I would normally not have in my wallet, but suffice it to say it was way more than we paid for the entire trip. His honesty and integrity was amazing, and while we had already been coming to Jellystone every year anyway simply because it is a great place to bring your family, this trip has ensured that we will definitely be coming back again and again.

Room Tip: Always bring flashlights, and definitely reserve the golf cart in advance if you want it, because th...
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed with my family the second week of August. Rented three of the new deluxe cabins. Very nice for a camp ground cabin. Don't let the negative reviews sway you as they are unfounded . Super
clean and great pool water park and activities every hour every day. Met the manager and he was very professional as well. The 7 children we were with had loads of fun . Highly recommend this place. Remember for the people who complained this is camping not a five star hotel. If you go with that understanding you will have a great time

• Stayed August 2013
Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here Labor Day weekend 2013. I booked pretty much last minute, we had stayed in the Quarreyville PA location earlier this summer so to me that was all the review I needed, and got one of the last two sites on the campground. We stayed in a tent but the site we got had the water/electric/cable/sewer. I didn't mind paying the extra as I was just happy to get something so last minute. After booking I came on here to read the reviews and was horrified by what I read. I am a mother of 4 young children and was very anxious about what I was reading here. Felt sick actually. Particularly about the dirty bathrooms and the unattentive staff. So anxious that I emailed the owner who had responded to another reviewer below. Almost immediately I got what I assume was an automatic reply saying that my email had been received and that someone would get back to me shortly. Sure enough, the following morning, just hours after I wrote, I got a response saying that the manager would call me that day. And sure enough I got a call before noon the next day. The manager, Brian, was very reassuring. Said he was aware of the bad reviews and that for the most part the comments were unfounded and anything that was, they were striving to fix. He was personally aware of some of the situations mentioned below and assured me that they were a family friendly campground. That not all the restrooms were new, although the one closest to our area was. That the 11pm noise curfew was important to them and that he would personally make sure that our area was checked often at night to make sure there wasn't a problem. Gave me his cell phone number to call if I had any problems while I was there. In short he was courteous and professional and completely put my mind at ease. But seeing is believing.

I understand what someone was saying about the muddy roadways. But from what I can figure, that's the ground there and there's not a whole lot that they can do about it. My 4 year old accidentally ran into his baby sister while on his bike and she went splat on that muddy ground. I am thankful it was just mud and not asphalt or stones.

Bathrooms, ours in D section, we were site D11 in fact, were fine. Newly renovated, all tiled and like someone mentioned in an earlier review, they were muddy yes, but that was only because people were walking into a wet/damn floor with mud or dust from the outside on their shoes. So yes it was a little muddy inside but nothing dirty. I never once saw the toilets dirty of anything else but the mud on the floor. There was always soap in the dispenser, toilet paper and plenty of hot water. I also visited the ones near the pool and these were perfectly fine too.

The pool was great. Our kids loved it. Like I said we stayed in the Quarreyville location and the pool and water park there are really great, newer, more elaborate. Yes someone sits at the bottom of the inflated water slide here in Elmer with a hose, but my kids didn't care. They loved it. I have boys 9, 7 and 4 and a baby girl under 2. The only full day we stayed at the campsite was the Sunday and man was it a blast. I assume they did more that weekend than they typically would have done because of the Holiday but it was just one thing after another. Fun for the whole family. Pie eating competitions, root beer chugging comp, hula hoops, a dj poolside who really set a great vibe. They had a band that night, a NJ 80's cover band, can't remember their names but man were they good. My husband almost cried when we had to leave early because two of the kids had fallen asleep. Just a relaxing setting, everyone pulled up in the carts, trucks or chairs and listened to these guys rock it out.

The morning we were checking out, Labor Day (earlier today), they had a camper appreciation breakfast. Really nice food and very nicely presented. And my favorite, free! Kids all went back for seconds!

We had a great time. Very family friendly with lots for the kids to do. We will definitely go back. The only thing I would say is that we got lost getting to our site when we first arrived. The roadways were a little confusing. It would be a huge plus if they had brought us to our site. In fact I think we might have only used half of our site because what we thought was the next site, was never actually used so I think it was part of ours. Not a big deal. All in all, a very good time had by all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went went with three families and could not have asked for a better weekend! Activities for adults and children every hour from the minute we checked in til we left! The pool and waterpark were greAt! Your dry park was a blast! The concert last night was unbelievable! To top it off you gave my family a delicious breakfast while the hubby's packed up our campers! Thank you we will see you next year!

• Stayed August 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here 8/23-8/25. We camped in a tent, and our friends camped in their camper. We had no problem getting our spots right next to each other. The spots were reasonably sized, as both parties had two families staying on the spots. Bathrooms were surprisingly clean from what I read on previous reviews (although I never did use the bathroom right by the pool). Pool was fine, never overly crowded or cloudy water (although it was freezing!). There were lots of activities throughout the weekend, which the kids in our group enjoyed. It was a bit more expensive then other places I've camped at, but overall I would say it is similar to most campgrounds.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines? Share your experiences!