“Not as advertised for the price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elmer
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines to your Saves list
49 Beal Road, Elmer, NJ 08318   |
New Jersey
“Not as advertised for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed over Memorial Day and it seemed like the park was way overcrowded. The reason for going was for all the activities/various pools and the kids splash pool was closed on holiday weekend? Staff said they could not get ready in time and the frog was broken. There was many activities for the kids but they were all so crowded. It seemed to lack security as it was quite noisy after hours. There was even group of tenters like 12 tents on a site playing loud music for hours via an amp. Surprised it was allowed to go on so long. The sites were average at best, there is major need of tree trimming needed and the bring to the site guides do not know which way is best to the site. I would hope it is not like this every weekend but there was one major plus was they honored all veterans with luminary lights at night which was an amazing sight. The other downside is CG is about 25 minutes from highway. Having stayed at other Yogis, this was a letdown. Would not stay at this location again unless there is new owner/management overhaul cause they seriously dropped the ball for holiday weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed the holiday weekend with friends and family; which was the only redeeming quality of the weekend.

Since we were staying with a small group we made reservations were made nearly five months in advance. During these five months our sites were changed a couple times yet we were never informed of the changes. We did not find out about the changes until the day arrival. The final locations were not ideal or as expected but since we found out about the changes at the last minute and given we had a group of people showing up on a holiday weekend, we had no choice but to give it a shot.

Especially as tent campers, I’m sure many of the issues we had with the trip were a function our location in the campground, neighbors, holiday weekend, etc., but the campground does have a responsibility.
At first it was not too bad, manageable and not enough to be a total buzzkill. At least until our neighbors set up a total of 17 tents on the three sites next to us. They played load music all day and night and when they ran out of space on their sites, they just moved onto one of our group’s sites. Security had to be called several times during the weekend to have them either observe quiet hours or move back onto their site. They refused to address the overcrowded conditions. I have never stayed anywhere that allowed more than two tents per site.

The management was clearly not prepared for the Memorial Day weekend. There are significantly less activities at this campground than most Jellystone’s. We knew that going in so not initially a big problem since they supposedly had a nice pool area, or so we thought. The "Splashground" wet play area by the pool which is prominent in their advertising was not open for this weekend, the start of summer, seriously. Asking why, we were simply told with shrugged shoulders they did not get it ready in time. A huge disappointment for all.

Cleanliness was a huge problem. The Bathrooms/Showers were easily the worst we have ever seen. Due in part by the huge group that was staying near it and the management’s upreparedness/unwillingness to stay on top of it. At one point, only one of the three toilets was operational in the men’s room and the feces on the floor from the overflowed toilet was there for hours.

The manager on duty, Ms. Lisa Newcombe, was essentially dismissive of complaints and condescending. She continued to blame the problems on the previous management team from a couple months ago. We invited her out to view some of the issues we had but she refused to leave the reception/camp store area. Not once did she apologies for a single issue just continued to make excuses and blame other people.

For the price per night, during peak season, there are better values out there. There are minimal amenities when comparied to other Jellystone's so the poor customer service, poor maintenance, and aging facilities amplify the deficiencies.

To their credit, many of the employees were making a valiant effort, but they were getting little to no support from the management team. Nonetheless, we will not be returning, ever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We statyed for Labor Day 2012. There is nothing nice about the sites or the general atmosphere of the campground. We went to the waterslide and met friends there. When we arrived we found their son was knocked over by another child and fell and hit his tooth which was almost knocked out. Then minutes later another child was hurt and required an ambulance to take him to an area hospital for stitches to his forehead. The staff was incompetent and had no idea how to address the emregency situation. I had just said moments before the accident that someone was going to get hurt the way kids were able to run in front of water slides that kids were coming down. The staff member I shared my thought said, "what can we do?" I said how about some type of barrier or better yet supervision of which there was absolutely nothing.
The store was bare bones. The arcade was a bunch of dusty broken machines and the whole place was a dive. On checkout I was asked, "How was your stay?" And you know what I told her. I said whe had just been at Yogi Bear in Quarryville, PA and there was no comparison to that park which was clean, friendly staff and an awesome water park/pool facility. Her reply, "well every park is different'. So now I am seeing the reviews for 2013 and it appears that it is just as bad if not worse. There is absolutely nothing to do in the area and if they just gave a darn they could have a gold mine if they cleaned and updated the park and provide some good family fun.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

When were first arrived for our Memorial Day stay we were pleased. Our a frame cabin was clean and the site was nice. Our cabin did not have a bathroom and our stay started to go down hill quickly when we used he public restrooms. There was only one working bathroom/ bath house for the whole facility and you could tell they had not been updated in ages and while we were there they were rarely cleaned. It was so bad that I know numerous families complained. The toilets overflowed numerous times during our stay and seemed to be cleaned once a day which is unacceptable due to the number of people using them. I was also dismayed by the fact that we chose this camp ground because of the water park which was NOT open for Memorial Day weekend nor was the outdoor Resturant. When we asked why we were told they did not get things finished in time. Finally do not come to this camp ground if u are looking for a relaxing time. There seems to be no regulation regarding how many tents are allowed on one site. There is a group just across from our A frame that has 15+ tents for 3 sites. The group brought electrics guitars , a drum machine and amplifier. Not what u expect. Also the amount of golf carts full of people driving around constantly is just unnecessary. I tried to speak to managment regarding the bathrooms and the pool facilities not being fully open as advertised to no avail, basically the response was little to no concern. We spent holiday rates equating to roughly $450 for 3 nights for disgusting bathrooms, crowded conditions, recreation facilities far from what was advertised and disinterested staff. The saving grace to this weekend was being here with a great group of friends and being able to laugh at the ridiculous conditions. This park could be great. Lovely area and nice piece of land but it seems as if managment barley cares. Would love it if this was a place we wanted to come back to but have to say at this point NO WAY!

• Stayed May 2013
Southern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stay at Yogi at least 3 or 4 times a season. I love that there's always something going on and the staff is friendly. My kids are 11,14 and 15 we've been going for about 4 years and are happy with the experience. We look forward to Wet and wild weekends every year. Its over priced but there's nothing else in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I book at trip on line. A week after I booked the trip I get a call telling me that the cabin I book the loft area is damaged so I would have to book another cabin that was more money and there is a 3 night min. The person was rude and not accommidating at all. I tried to talk to manager and was told some one would call me. I called back several times and left messages. Finally go through only to be told that they can not help me and that the staff is not rude to people. I will not even try this place. They have losed my bussiness before we even went. Also, plan on letting everyone know that this was for some girl scouts that raise money based on what it said it would cost us online.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Matt S, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We cannot safely accommodate 9 guests in a cabin. We are sorry we could not accommodate you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stay every month at Jellysyones on east coast. This was by far a very bad example of Yogi. Bad staff, very dirty, too many outside guests using amemnities daily. Ovrrall.....dont even bother. Drive the extra 45 min to Yogi at Lancaster PA. Only problem I had or saw there was alot of bees. No mosquitoes or gnats.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Tall Pines? Share your experiences!