I stayed one night here because of an airline issue. All-in-all, it was adequate and I have no major complaints.
-Excellent customer service from the friendly staff
-They're working diligently to renovate the hotel
-Complementary Airport Shuttle
-They're working diligently to renovate the hotel, and the renovations are needed
-$5 minimum on Credit Card transactions
-Airport Shuttle only runs every 30 minutes
The staff works very hard to make guests feel at home and to accommodate our needs, to me this makes all the difference in the world.
However, I was a bit frustrated by the $5 minimum on Credit Card transactions. Since my stay was paid by the airline, room charges were not allowed. In my particular case, I was arriving from overseas and didn't have any US Dollars on me. So when I wanted to buy a water bottle, I was made aware of the $5 minimum. Such a policy is understandable from a Mom & Pop Small Business, but this is a chain hotel - I find this to be rather annoying. (Needless to say they lost the sale on the water bottle.)
I'm on the fence with this hotel, but I can't say that I don't recommend it. Once they get over credit card surcharges and finish their renovations, I would offer an enthusiastic recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly renovated Crowne Plaza Newark Airport Hotel offers 24-hour Free Shuttle Service to Newark Liberty International Airport every 30 minutes. Located just off I-95 in Elizabeth, NJ, the Crowne Plaza Newark Airport Hotel is the closest hotel to the terminals around the airport area. Visiting New York City? Take advantage of our courtesy shuttle to the airport where you can catch the airtrain that will drop you off at the airport train station, and you will be at NYC Penn Station within 20 minutes! It is also easy to visit The Prudential Center, home of the New Jersey Devils; Meadowlands Sports Complex, home of the NY Giants and NY Jets. We're close to Rutgers University, NJIT, UMDNJ, the Newark Museum and Jersey Gardens Mall.Business guests appreciate that our hotel in Elizabeth, NJ is close to major businesses. Port Newark - Elizabeth Marine Terminal is five miles, and our hotel is only five minutes from downtown Newark. The Liberty Cruise Port is only 15 minutes away. Our hotel is the 'Place to Meet' with facilities that are tailored to meet your needs. We feature one restaurants and lounge where you can meet with clients for a great meal. Other amenities include a 24-hour coffee shop; a professionally designed fitness center; indoor pool, and free high-speed Internet access. Book your stay at the Crowne Plaza Newark Airport hotel to discover a great hotel in Elizabeth, NJ. Daily Parking Fee $12. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Newark Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Newark Airport Hotel Elizabeth
- Crowne Plaza Elizabeth
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Elizabeth
- Sheraton Elizabeth
- Four Points Elizabeth
- Four Points Sheraton Newark Airport
- Elizabeth Four Points
- Elizabeth Sheraton