“A mixed blessing they would not honour our reservation confirmation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport

You added Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   853 Spring St. (US 1 & 9), Elizabeth, NJ 07201 (Formerly Econo Lodge Newark International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Truro, NS
“A mixed blessing they would not honour our reservation confirmation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were booked in to this hotel through United Airlines distressed passenger program when we were stranded in Newark during a snowstorm. When the free shuttle from the airport arrived at the hotel, my heart sank, but I told myself we were only there for one night and it was better than being stuck in the airport. When I presented my slip with confirmation number at the front desk, the disinterested staff member at the front desk took it and sighed. He went into a back room and then came out and told me that they could not honour our reservation, despite our confirmation. When I asked if he would at least help us find an alternative for the evening, he was rude to me and refused. We were able to get the shuttle driver, however, to take us back to the airport. After reading the reviews upon our arrival home, we were relieved that we had been turned away!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montpelier, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stay away from this place.

Was stuck at Newark Airport and this place was on the list of options offered by United Airlines where they said they had negotiated good rates, so I expected it to be reasonable. Turns out I paid more through the United Airlines website that if I had gone directly. Any price was too much! I would not go back if they paid me to stay there. Took 45 minutes for the shuttle from the airport to arrive even though it is only 5 minutes away. The place was really gross. Filthy. The TV, alarm clock and wall heater unit did not work. The bathroom had a inch of brown water on the floor.

It would have been better to sleep on the floor at the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Spring
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

If I were you, I'd be embarrassed to fly this establishment under the Days Inn flag. No attempt to clear walkways or entrance of snow. Melted snow pooling in lobby. Room not updated in at least 40 years. Dingy, old, depressing decor, some missing items, not ever replaced. No alarm clock. Only bedspread, no blanket. Heater was either too hot, or not. Horrible lighting. Continental breakfast was a roll in a sack. Room was only 8 by 8. Had to slam the door to close. Very unhelpful staff, no smiles, only excuses. The only passable issue was that the bathroom was clean.

Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you drive, it's very convenient. For others, they have an excellent shuttle service. The hotel is a typical, older motel. Low-priced. They have a great sports bar next door with great food and drinks. The music was for the younger generation but heck, it was a great night and great way to be stuck at the airport.

Columbia Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Checked in at 3 am. First room hadn't been cleaned (tv on, bed un made, dirty towels). Checked into second room. Blow dyer rip off the wall. Outlets falling out of the walls. Realized the next morning that my sheets were stained and the balcony door didn't lock. I talked to the man at the front desk and he was incredibly rude. He refused to discount my rate or really even hear me out. I was highly disappointed and will not be staying at the Days Inn again. Nor will I recommend people there.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

small ,completely worn out, cold, no phone on wifi as advertised, continental breakfast was an apple,small chocolate bar and a small juice box in a paper bag.Coffee machine with powder milk. RUDE desk people. 1 face cloth.Shuttle driver was very pleasant.Newest Days Inn in America

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport

Address: 853 Spring St. (US 1 & 9), Elizabeth, NJ 07201 (Formerly Econo Lodge Newark International Airport)
Location: United States > New Jersey > Elizabeth
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport 1.5*
Located just off I-95 in Elizabeth, NJ, the Days Inn Newark Airport Hotel is the premier place for guests to stay on their venture into New York and New Jersey. Guests will find getting to and from Newark International Airport is easy with our 24hr complimentary airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. Conveniently located just four miles away from the "city that never sleeps," the hotel offers easy access to famous New York City attractions like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park and the Empire State Building. UMDNJ, the Newark Museum and Jersey Gardens Mall. Downtown New York City is 20 minutes from our Newark hotel. Times Square, Central Park and the Met are less than a half-hour away from Elizabeth, NJ. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Newark International Airport Hotel Elizabeth
Econolodge Hotel Elizabeth
Econo Lodge Newark Airport

If you own or manage Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.