To properly consider this place, keep in mind this is a motel in Newark, New Jersey priced under $100 total a night. I stayed in this hotel as it was prepaid by a friend who was on a budget. Now lets go to some pluses and minuses about the place-
*At Newark Liberty Airport, it appears to be the only hotel without an automatic dial amongst all the hotels at the Airport, the Shuttle also took a little longer than expected taking 11 minutes to go just under half a mile.
*The entire hotel is under construction and renovation as it was very recently an EconoLodge.
*The room was small and compact but well presented, everything worked, everything was provided but the sink fawcett was loose.
*The customer service at this hotel was very good, the front desk staff was courteous and helpful and the maintenance staff was on call if needed.
*The hotel and the surrounding area does not look great, it is located in an Industrial section near the Newark/Elizabeth border and the Airport itself. I got the impression this was a motel where one would want to mind to themselves at all time and do nothing to come across those in the neighboring rooms but in all fairness, all the hotels/motels in this area gave off this vibe which should not be too surprising given it's location.
*There is an excellent bar next to the hotel known as The Lobby
*Despite the Proximity to the Airport, incoming flight noise was not a problem.
Overall this hotel was not my first pick but it is better than it appears and it is less than $100 a night.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Newark International Airport Hotel Elizabeth
- Econo Lodge Newark International Airport Hotel
- Econolodge Hotel Elizabeth
- Econo Lodge Newark Airport
- Econo Lodge Newark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off I-95 in Elizabeth, NJ, the Days Inn Newark Airport Hotel is the premier place for guests to stay on their venture into New York and New Jersey. Guests will find getting to and from Newark International Airport is easy with our 24hr complimentary airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. Conveniently located just four miles away from the "city that never sleeps," the hotel offers easy access to famous New York City attractions like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park and the Empire State Building. UMDNJ, the Newark Museum and Jersey Gardens Mall. Downtown New York City is 20 minutes from our Newark hotel. Times Square, Central Park and the Met are less than a half-hour away from Elizabeth, NJ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Days Inn Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.