“phenominal service personnel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pattersonville, New York
“phenominal service personnel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

All folks that helped me were extremely courteous, helpful, and concerned to make my visit a positive experience. Amy stayed on the phone with me for the half hour it took me to find the building...not an easy task for this Vermonter. She helped me laugh my way through all the exit signs, turn offs, and abundance of airport signs until I finally got into the parking lot. Never showing any sign of frustration, she helped me remain calm throughout my struggle. I must give the entire staff 100% grades in every area... SMILES ARE ALWAYS PRESENT AND GENUINE.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Mount Sinai, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stay here for business at least once a month. Javier always greets me by name,and for some one who is away from home often, it makes me feel welcome. Julia always give me a big smile and hug and kiss at breakfast . The hotel and the guest rooms are always immaculate and all the staff is warm and welcoming. I could stay at any of the other hotels and I always come back to this one because of Javier and Julia.

Virginia Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Hampton Inn at Newark Intl. Airport is a great alternative to the other large Hilton properties in close proximity to EWR. With quick and efficient 24 hr. shuttle service, the hotel makes a great overnight stop or a convenient jumping off point for trips into Manhattan via train or bus.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ogdensburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The personal service of Javier,Terry, Lily, Brian, Jose and our shuttle driver , Ramon was excellent! Our stay prior to our flight was very comfortable and all personnel went out of their way to make sure that we were accomodated! The food services personnel were most helpful as well! Thank you !

Room Tip: elderly guests should request 1st floor. Our accomodations were 1st floor with access to lobby and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am HIGHLY disappointed in my stay at this hotel. I traveled over 400 miles for my sister's wedding. She and her husband found bed bugs on their wedding night and was still charged for the next night's stay. We had several reservations and was told that the manager would not make a different decision from the hotel representative.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Caeur D Alene
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It has a bed. It has a bathroom. It has a chair. All the usual necessities but it jus feels cheap.

The fridge is noisy. The toilet never stops making noise the furniture seems just dropped down by the movers. It's not well taken care of. The chair doesn't fit under the desk.

Ok for a lost connection but not a choice to stay for travel that you want to have a good memory of.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Hampton hill for 3 nights after my flight to Hong kong was delayed for bad weather.
United (terrible customer service btw) advised me to book an accommodation near the airport
I ended up at the Hampton Hill hotel and I have to say that I had a great stay. The room was spacious, staff friendly and if you like working out the gym is great too.
You are close to Manhattan by bus so I spent 3 days hanging out in the big apple and I had a blast. The shuttle leaves often from the hotel to the airport and then you catch the bus to Manhattan. Depending on the traffic it will take between 45mn to 1 h. You've got wifi on the bus which is great.
I wouldn't have guessed but this is a great option if you want to visit Manhattan without the overpriced accommodation. I would definitely do it again.
There are no restaurant at the hotel except for breakfast but you have a few options for delivery. I had a pizza delivered the first night but then had my meals in Manhattan so it didn't bother me at all.
Cherry on top the actor Ian McKellen was staying at the hotel which made my stay even more special.
I would recommend this hotel if like me you are stranded in Newark or even if you want to visit Manhatttan and save money on the accommodation .

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Hampton Inn Newark-Airport? Share your experiences!