“Great Upgraded Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Seattle, Washington
“Great Upgraded Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I made a last minute reservation here and got a great deal. I am a diamond so they upgraded me to a King Deluxe room which was newly renovated and very nice. Bed was comfortable (all the furnishings were). Had cool lighting and a very nice bathroom.

Ate in the Newarker lounge and had great food. Also a great breakfast buffet in the morning.

I would def. stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: High room away from freeway
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Jarod M -

Thank you for being a Hilton Honors Diamond member! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and are particularly pleased when we receive such great feedback from our most loyal guests. I will share your comments with the restaurant team. They will be excited to hear you had a great experience!

Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

adam.heffron@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel staff and management completely ignored my friend and I and served other patrons at the hotel restaurant for no other apparent reason than the fact that we were the only two black people seated at the time. The drinks they offered as an apology contained "floating particles" in them. The toilet broke and no one fixed it when we mentioned it. There was a huge red stain on the floor near the bed. There were very loud guest on our floor as well. Overall terrible experience, and I will never stay at another Hilton. Especially this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear ericac707 -

I am sorry to hear you had such a negative experience with us over the past weekend. While I understand that some of what you experienced may have been frustrating, I assure you that it was nothing more than a lapse in service. We employ a team of diverse service professionals, from a variety of different cultures, countries, and backgrounds. As a hotel, we open our doors to all cultures, countries, and backgrounds, relying on their patronage and loyalty to help keep us going. I sincerely apologize if your experience at our bar made you feel otherwise.

I have done some research, and I wanted to clarify that the "floating particles" you mentioned in your cocktails were actually part of the white peach puree, an ingredient in your order. Instead of using syrups like some establishments, we make everything in house, using fresh, organic and local ingredients whenever possible. I was pleased to hear that our restaurant manager identified that the service you had received was not to the standard we expect, and took the initiative to offer your cocktails complimentary, as well as deliver an additional complimentary round to your room as a gesture of good will. While I know this does not make up for the first impression, it is encouraging to know your concerns were addressed.

As for your guest room experience, there is no excuse. The toilet should have been fixed immediately, and I will share your comments with our engineering team to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we take all feedback very seriously, especially when suggesting something as severe as yours. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to share anything further about your stay with us. While I know this stay was less than satisfactory, I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

spring hill, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel is clean and employees are very nice. A/C in room did not work well. Restruant in lobby is poorly ran. Service was horrible. Wrong food brought to table and drinks never refilled. Overall the hotel is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Paul G -

I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience in our restaurant. We take our responsibility to provide exceptional service very seriously, so I apologize we felt short in this instance. I will share your feedback with our restaurant team to ensure we take the necessary steps to improve.

Should you have any additional comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you for staying with us during your travels. If you are ever in the area again, I hope you give us another opportunity.

Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The desk staff was kind and accommodating. They went above and beyond on a busy night to get my family what we needed after our luggage was lost and flight canceled. Thank you to Amanda for helping with a last minute booking. Arriel went out of her way to help find me a phone charger, I cannot say thank you enough for making this hotel like home after a long day.

• Stayed July 2014
Greeting Joe D -

Thanks for the kind words about our Front Office team! I know we have the best front desk team in town, and it is exciting that you were able to meet some of those that make staying at the Hilton Newark Airport so special. We couldn't do it without them!

Please come back and see us again next time you are in the area.

Thanks again,

Englewood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Hilton Newark NJ Airport is a convenient, clean friendly hotel. Frequent shuttle to Airport. Large rooms, comfortable beds. Reasonable weekend prices. Desk reception Connections to NYC via shuttle to Airport and NJ Transit.and knowledgeable. Safe environment.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Edmund L -

Wow! Thanks so much for all the kind words! We know how hard it is to stand out in a competitive market, so it is important for us to make friendly, unpretentious service a top priority. Not far behind are adding terrific value, and a clean, comfortable stay.

Thanks for confirming we are on the right track. Please come see us again!

Take care,

adam.heffron@hilton.co
Po-town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Overall a good experience, however, when we visited prior to our stay we were shown a remodeled room, then given a room that had not been remodeled when we stayed. Other than that everything was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Greetings MRod -

Thank you for taking some time to share your recent experience. I am pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable, and hope that means we will be seeing you again in the future.

I am excited to share that the final stage of our renovation is set to begin, so while you may have had one of our more classic style rooms during this stay, our modern, contemporary design will be waiting for you by December of this year.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived late in the evening and had drinks at the bar. The bartender and waiter were so accomodating, friendly, and mannerly. In the morning, the young lady at the front desk gave us many transporation options into NYC and was extremely patient with our many questions. It is evident that customer service is this hotel's top priority! The room was clean and more than adequate for our needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear LRMaryland -

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Newark Airport. You said it, providing exceptional customer service is our main focus. We recognize that as a traveler, you have many options. You make choices based on location, hotel class, value, brand, and so on. Some things we can control, many we can't. That is why we believe that what truly sets us apart from the competition and should be a deciding factor, is the assurance that when you book a stay at the Hilton Newark Airport, you are going to receive top notch, genuine service. Our phenomenal team is our secret weapon, and we are excited that you met a few of them.

I will be sure to share with them your terrific feedback! Thank you again for the kind words.

Should your travels bring you back to the Newark/NYC area, please come see us again!

adam.heffron@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!