“Great hotel for layovers in Newark” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Special Rate from $119
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Miami, Florida
“Great hotel for layovers in Newark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for layovers in Newark, it's 5 minutes away P4 station and also very close to the Jersey Garden Mall.
Rooms concerned, they are spacious and clean. Staff is great also, the breakfast is not huge in terms of variety but very well attended by Virgin America's crews with their leather jackets and squirts :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Stockbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Pros: convenient location, clean rooms, comfortable beds, very friendly staff, good shower pressure, average price for the area.

Pros: excellent location, friendly staff, reasonable price, comfortable bed, good shower head pressure, clean rooms.

Cons: self parking tax, average restaurant food, confusing card reader elevator access, confusing front entrance/parking area.

The hotel is very conveniently located for easy access to northern New Jersey and New York. Front staff was very friendly, and check in and check out went very smoothly. Security staff was very friendly and professional. I only asked for a starting point for my destination, and the security gentleman actually researched my entire trip and printed it out for me. This is the type of customer service that will have me stay at this hotel when I am back in this area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very mediocre hotel. Blanket filling feels as if it had condensed into rock-hard clumps that rendered the blanket intolerably uncomfortable. Front desk reaction--"we'll tell housekeeping and they'll get you a new one" (which is entirely useless as I was only at the hotel for 1 night and it is morning and I am checking out shortly).

No value for money and a lack of caring means this is a Hilton that will not be getting repeat business from me.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking time sharing your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that we fell short of your expectations, through poor quality and unacceptable service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and have replaced the comforter on the bed. We hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll allow us another opportunity to deliver a higher level of customer service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Sam
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is the hotel to stay at when you're transitioning between NYC and New Jersey it's close to the train-- and the airport-- shuttle service runs day and night. The rooms are well kept-- the property is ageless--

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on two consecutive weeks at this hotel. As a Diamond Level Honors member, I have seen many hotels in the Hilton chain. The front desk staff were extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. The access to the airport via the shuttle was simple, relatively quick and I had no issues. It is then easy to access the NJ Transit to get to NY Penn Station and Manhattan The hotel I normally stay at in the city was booked for both of these trips, so staying in Newark was a nice option to have. It is also less expensive than staying in the city, most of the time. The food at the Newarker was decent - nothing to write home about in either direction. I arrived late in the evening on a Monday and ordered room service. Came quick, was hot, decent food. A bit pricey, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The rooms were serviceable, a bit small if you normally travel to smaller towns but very reasonably sized for the city. The beds were very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again as needed without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mendon, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked a park and stay rate, which included seven days parking. After parking my car at the hotel, I took the complimentary shuttle to the airport, which got there quite quickly. Upon returning from my trip, I checked in at the hotel. The reception staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. I then went to my room, which was comfortable and relatively spacious and appeared to have been recently redecorated in a very contemporary style. The bed was very comfortable and I got a good night's sleep. I also ate at the bar and the food was very good. I would definitely stay here again when flying from Newark.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Fly from a long way from SFO, we found that it was not so difficult to go to the hotel. Airport staff told us to go to P4 bus station and wait for hotel shuttle bus. They came every 30 minutes and took about 15 min to the hotel. Easy link from P4 station could take us to NJ transit. The hotel is 5-star. Elegant with everything you need even still water bottle in your room. Clean, fully-equipped, helpful staff from the first step. Recommend for those who would like to avoid buzzling JFK airport.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!