“Good for an Airport Hotel, Not So Good for a Hilton” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Special Rate from $119
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good for an Airport Hotel, Not So Good for a Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel is loud. Guests in the hall way at all hours of the night laughing loudly, shouting, etc. As a business traveler, I'm not too keen on that. There clearly wasn't a lot of thought given to who was on the "executive floor". Parking is a bit of a challenge. There is plenty of parking, but you may have to walk a substantial distance over low quality lot (pot holes, loose gravel, very dirty) to get back to the hotel entrance. Fine if you aren't wearing dress shoes.

The rooms are nice, the lobby is nice, some of the staff are nice.

The staff member at checkout didn't have time to acknowledge my presence nor print a receipt for me (not under my door when I left for my flight). Not sure I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor away from the elevator to avoid some of the noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that the overall service was not the quality you expected and we are using your feedback to help us improve. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Amityville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I thought Hilton Hotels stood up to its name. I was total wrong. I will never stay at this chain of hotels Staff was very rude. Rooms are very out-dated. If you don't feel right about something say something..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel and it is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations. I am going to share your comments with the team as feedback from our guests enables us to continually improve and exceed our service standards.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Newark Airport! When your travels bring you back through the New York/New Jersey area.

Thank you for staying with us!
Omaha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my second stay at the Newark Airport Hilton hotel. It is close to the airport with a free shuttle to the hotel. The hotel is close , can't hear the planes, and the rooms are clean. I would stay hear again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Firstly: I would not need to share a narrative had the person who checked me out asked me "how was my stay". She was too busy trying to get her next task to even ensure that I had moved my car before I handed her my keys. I would have informed her that before they turn -over room 1234 to another person they must seal the tub. The tub is disgraceful, it is black and significantly peeling. I had to take a shower in my sandals. I took pictures to show the attendant but again my stay there was not important so I was not asked. This was the first time I stayed at a hotel and was not asked on exit how my stay was. Also of the channels I wanted to see Cartoon Network was not working (showed picture but no sound). To compound the issue I asked for towels before I left in the afternoon and when I came back almost midnight the towels were still not there. I asked again so I could take a shower and have enough when I rise in the morning and after and hour I requested a toothbrush that seem to delivered yet no towel. I had to ask the person who brought the toothbrush to me to please give me some towels. The person was not even aware that had requested towels earlier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

nice, quiet place to relax, staffs in this part of New Jersey are a lot nicer, more courteous, the only thing I wasn't very happy about was there was no fridge in our room. very close to the outlet mall and new York city. highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel and it is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations .

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Newark Airport! When your travels bring you back through the New York/New Jersey area .

Hainesport, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

When departing from Newark's Liberty Airport, I will often check out what the Park & Fly rates are here to see if it's economical to stay here than park elsewhere (on or off-site from the airport.) Every now and then there's a good rate ...and when combined with HHonors benefits, it becomes a significant value.

As an HHonors Diamond, I'm often upgraded at this property to a suite; the suites are large and have 1.5 baths, a living room, a dining area, and a separate bedroom (equipped with a giant bathroom.) Another Diamond perk is the free hot buffet breakfast in the hotel lobby. And yet another perk is free 1-day parking, although I've never been there just for a day trip to take advantage of that perk. During my last visit, I was also invited to an evening manager's cocktail reception at the lobby bar but wasn't able to go.

The shuttles run every 20 minutes from the airport to the hotel and back. Although during some stays, I've had to wait up to 45 minutes for a shuttle to pick me up from the EWR Monorail station where the shuttles pick-up at.

The rooms are clean and the service is friendly; breakfast staff are nice as are the shuttle bus drivers too.

Sometimes they discount their park & fly rates; I was able to get a 7-day park/stay/fly rate for $150 which included a night's stay. This was great: I was able to get to the hotel the night before my flight, was able to get a good night's sleep, eat a full breakfast, and then head over to the airport for my departing flight. Time to the ticket counter from the front desk lobby is about a 15 minute shuttle bus ride. After being away for 5 days, I came back, picked up my car, and didn't have to worry about overpriced on-site parking. There are cheaper lots nearby (I use ABC Parking which is generally $7/day with an online coupon), but sometimes the overnight stay + breakfast is worth the investment for morning departures from the airport. I'd much rather have a full breakfast and a good night's sleep....rather than leave my home extra-extra early to head to a parking lot in the rush before a morning flight.

They used to key your parking card so you could just go right to your car and leave. But now they make you return to the front desk to have your parking card validated against your folio that shows you're there on a park/fly package. When being offloaded with many other shuttle bus passengers, this could be a hassle...because you need to wait on line with those many other people that are checking into the hotel. It'd be nicer if there was a way to automatically validate the parking...or perhaps have a bell validate the parking ticket so you don't need to wait in line with others' looking to check-in. In this visit, I had to wait 20 minutes for other guests to check-in...just to get my card validated.

Overall, check out the park & fly rates here ---if you have a morning flight and are entitled to HHonors perks like upgrades & breakfast, it may be worth your while to go here.

Room Tip: All rooms have special windows to eliminate airport noise; don't worry about rooms that face the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel. As a Hilton Honors member we appreciate your loyalty to our hotels and it is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just had a 12 hour stopover between disembarking a cruise and flying back to the UK so decided to book a day room to keep the luggage safe and allow us another opportunity to shop. It was quite expensive but gave us peace of mind. Good location for the airport and Jersey Gardens Mall, Starbucks in reception but it was closed in the afternoon when we really need a snack but overall the room was nice, newly refurbished, clean and quiet. Exactly what you need from an airport hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I just want to take a moment of your time to say how much we appreciate you staying with us here at the Hilton Newark Airport. We know you have a lot of options when traveling to the Newark area and we greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel. It is very important to us that your stay exceeds your expectations.We are using your feedback to help us improve, we look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback.

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!