“In love with this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
LOW SUMMER RATE from $169
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
“In love with this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i drove from Florida on July 11 got to the Hilton on July 12 stayed through the 14th. We booked this the night before and got Friday night for $109 and Saturday night for $119 plus two day covered parking was normally $20 per day we got it for $15 a day. Upon arrival checking in was fast and friendly. Lobby was beautiful had Starbucks, bar, lounge and restaurant. Elevator took a minute to reach lobby we stayed on the 11th floor right by the ice machine and elevator. Our amazing view we could see the airport. Our room was really modern, clean, cozy and i loved everything about it. We had a nice size bathroom very clean. Our bed was comfy with a back light for reading. I would recommend this hotel one of the best i have stayed at in New Jersey. According to traffic Times Square for us driving was around 20-30 min.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Goshen, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked 2 rooms through Expedia to stay at this hotel. When I arrived around 8:30pm after a 13 hrs drive the front desk informed me that they only had one room under my name. They asked me to step aside and call Expedia to request a fax to proof payment of 2 rooms, even though I had my confirmation from Expedia and it said I had booked 2 rooms. I called Expedia as they requested. I saw them answered phone calls from Expedia, but never talked to me again. It took about half an hour for the manager to talked to me, and only to tell me that he could not give me the other room until he had Expedia's fax. I understand that maybe it was Expedia's error but, at the end I was Hilton s Guest as well, & I was not treated like one, I saw him greed other guest as they come in, he was nice and had a smile on his face. I can not believe that he lets us standing up by the front desk for 2hrs on the phone with Expedia and would not give us our room. Expedia kept apologizing for the incident and kept telling us that they have faxed the document several times but the manager said they were not getting it. It was extremely frustrating!!!!!!!!! So after 2 very long hrs he finally gave us the other room, and not even apologized ugggghh!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
santa barbara, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved this hotel. Excellent location and great alternative to expensive Manhattan hotels. Free shuttle gets you to the airtrain and another easy train ride gets you to Penn Station in Manhattan in about 30 minutes. I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Ashland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great for a layover from Newark. Quick shuttle from Newark Airport. Easy check in. Nice room. Very easy check out. Shuttle back to EWR. Good price. No problems. Little else to say to get the review up to 200 characters.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for a night before an early morning departure. Seems like a place that airlines send bumped passengers. Older hotel but well maintained. Quick shuttle every 20 minutes to airport. Small gym though I think there is a pool (didn't view). A small selection of free weights and some treadmills.

If I needed to stay by EWR I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Frisco, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel and restaurant staff were all very friendly although the hotel itself is quite old. Nice little coffee shop area for breakfast. Hotel curtains are oddly thin, so lights from the airport shine brightly in the room all night long. Really brightly.

I read prior reviews so should have expected the nightmare of getting a shuttle. After a late flight, rain, and a shuttle location is a train ride from the main terminals, a mass rush filled up the shuttle and left me on the curb. I went back, took the tram into the terminal and got a cab. Note to cab users: credit card usage incurs $5.50 fee + tip - on top of the $20 fare to the hotel. Pretty outrageous. Find an ATM.

Not a great car rental experience either - hotel shuttle won't go there, so you are stuck taking the tram and then getting a cab - see cab note above.

All in all the total Newark experience was pretty bad. I would recommend flying to La Guardia if at all possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Grat hotel anf great staff. Close to airport and new york. nice pool and breakfast room. all good. keep it up. Great value of money and great new rooms. they did a good job renovating the hotel rooms. room was so clean and fresh

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!