“Good stay across the street from the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Low Rates from $179
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Elizabeth
Princeton, New Jersey
“Good stay across the street from the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed there Saturday night before an early morning flight the next day. Check in was quick and easy, shuttle to and from was smooth and without issue, actually both drivers were very nice. Room was good, bed comfortable, shower great - there is a restaurant but we didn't eat, had a couple of the drinks at the bar - very friendly bartender. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

694 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Prior to staying here, based on the ratings on this site of the hotel, I was quite pessimistic. After my stay, it was clear that I had nothing to worry about, as my stay here was quite good. Shuttle pickup at the airport was reliable and quick. Check-in was lightning fast, and I was in my room within minutes of my arrival. I booked a good rate for the hotel through Priceline, so was expecting the worst from my room; but, again, I had nothing to worry about. My room was quiet and clean. I could not hear the airport, nor the highway noise. There were plenty of lights; and, perhaps most importantly, plenty of outlets. The bathroom was small, but functional. One minor complaint would be the loud slamming of room doors. The hotel offers 24-hour shuttle service, 24-hour room-service, and has a pool and workout facilities. All this, combined with the close proximity to the airport, make this hotel a smart choice. I'd absolutely return if in the area and have a similar need for a hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great staff here from arrival to check out, complimentary shuttle works really well.
No issues at all , will be staying here again at Newark airport especially as price remains competative.
Upgarded to a really nice room on the 14th floor that had recently been upgraded-Very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently fitted out room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston, TX
1,739 helpful votes 1,739 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here for a night since I had an early meeting in Newark the next morning. Given its distance from the city or anything of interest, I think that nearby meetings or an early morning flight are really the only reasons to stay at the Hilton Newark Airport. Here are the key points of my visit:

1. Location- The Hilton Newark Airport is not connected to the Newark Airport but there is a complimentary shuttle that runs every 20 minutes. I would say that the airport is 2-3 miles away.
2. Lobby- The hotel’s lobby area was dark with a Seventies disco feel. There was a small Starbucks coffee kiosk as well as a boarding pass machine.
3. Room- My room was large, plainly furnished and clean.
4. Internet- The internet was complimentary and quick.
5. Service- I ordered an egg white frittatta for breakfast and was extremely specific that I wanted it made with eggs whites only. I waited 40 minutes and when it arrived, it had been made with regular eggs. I sent it back and Room Service Manager called to personally apologize. He also gave me the replacement frittatta for free and offered me a free beverage at the Starbucks in the lobby. I really appreciated him making the effort to make things right.
6. Fitness Facility- The gym was small but perfectly adequate. There were 2 elliptical machines, 2 treadmills and a free weight area. There was complimentary water and each machine had its own television.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sam C, General Manager at Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience with your room service order. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Sam Calello
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this well worn hotel several times. The good news is that they are renovating the rooms on this dated Hilton

First the staff are great! The room cleaning staff are the friendliest on the planet. !

We had a conference there; awful! Bad AV, bad food for lunch, poor service for the meeting. So be careful if you book a meeting here!

If you need a room, make sure you get a renovated room!

Hilton needs to look seriously of who caries their brand at this hotel... Mgt needs a course on running a hotel,, the staff gets it; mgt doesn't

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the guest room. As you stated, we are completing a renovation and we want to thank all of our guests for their patience. However, I apologize for the level of service you experienced with our staff. We will be sure to make the necessary corrections and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Regards,
Sam Calello
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed for 1 night prior to a flight. The room itself was large and comfortable. The beds were comfortable. The room has a beautiful window but the view was not.
The front desk was very efficient. The shuttle was on time. We did the park and stay and the pick up shuttle was also on time.
We ate in the lounge and the food was very good.
We would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I missed my connecting flight due to bad weather and needed to find a place to stay. The United person recommended a Ramada, but I was quite nervous to go to Ramada as I don't stay at them. I saw the Hilton Newark Airport Shuttle and jumped aboard as everyone else was going to the Ramada. The hotel was in close distance to the airport. Check in was quick and simple. I had a very nice room that was clean and very modern. The bed was comfortable. I hadn't had dinner so I ordered room service, which was a little expensive, but it was very good and the gentleman that brought me my meal was very nice and courteous. I loved the TV and the services you could order were great. I would stay here again if in the area. The only downfall was that I had to get up very early to catch a morning flight and didn't get to sleep longer in the comfortable bed. There were other amenities in the hotel I didn't get to enjoy also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!