“Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Netherlands
“Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

....is a famous line from the 70's show 'Sanford and Son'. There is some truth in it here too. The hotel is not located in Newark, but in Elizabeth, and it is nice enough to join. There you are! Location is average for an airport hotel, although there is the added bonus of next door Ihop and Ruby Tuesday. Not too far off (less than 5 minutes by car) are shopping addicts malls; one indoor with a large food court and plenty of shopping opportunities and one with an IKEA. The hotel itself is very good; nice rooms, clean bathrooms and soundproofed for the overhead planes. Breakfast is above average as well.We booked at 60 dollars through priceline. I recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lisa P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and hospitality to be satisfactory. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities. We look forward to when you come to join us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here purely for its close proximity to Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall and were satisfied with what we received.

The hotel itself is quite dated but this is reflected in the price. Fixtures and furnishings are old but we found everything was in working order and there was a good shower in the bathroom. Room was also spacious enough for 3 of us.

Free airport shuttle is a major positive as we all flew in at different times and free breakfast was simple but good value. We would pick up a couple of extra bagels and some fruit at breakfast so we could have them for lunch as there is not much near by in terms of restaurants.

Overall a basic hotel which was conveniently located for us and reasonably priced rooms

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your high rating of our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience! It is great to hear of how you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The location is ideal for shopping at the Jersey Gardens outlet mall. At night there isn’t much to do in this neighbourhood.
The hotel is right under the flight path and the soundproofing could be better, but once you get used to the airplanes taking off you can have a good night sleep.
The hotel offers complimentary breakfast that is fairly good. The hotel has a free shuttle to the Newark airport.
We stayed at this hotel while visiting New York and used New Jersey transit to get around. A round trip by bus to the New York Port Authority for adults is $13 ($11 if you buy 10 tickets) and it takes about 35 minutes. The direct bus service is only available Monday to Saturday.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lisa P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad you enjoyed the majority of your stay and had a mostly comfortable stay. I do apologize for the issues and inconveniences that you did encounter and I hope that your next stay will exceed your expectations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am still at this hotel, checked in last night at 7:00 pm,I booked this hotel for 5 nights, I called the front desk and told them I am checking out today. Yes, I read the reviews I figured they were one-off situations. Man I was WRONG!

First off I have a King suite, the analog TV reception is so bad there are very few channels you can actually see they are all snowy and random lines going through them. I called the font desk and they sent someone up who said they are all like that.

The bed was as cheap as you could get, it was had and very noisy when you moved.

When I started the shower I went to close the shower curtain only to find a used wash cloth hanging from the shower curtain rod.

By the end of my shower (and trust me, i hurried) I was ankle deep in water, after i got out it took over 5 minutes to drain the water out, yes I timed it.

Since there is no ventilation in the bathroom I had to wait 10 minutes to do my primping since the humidity was so high and I could not see myself in the mirror.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Lisa P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. It is our highest ambition to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests and your voice is important to us. I hope you'll give us the opportunity to impress you with our continuous improvements.
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Enjoyable one night stopover ready to join cruise at Port Liberty.
Shuttles provide quick and easy access from airport (and car rentals via airport train).
Good sized room with two queen beds and ample room to open cases. Modern bathroom with shower over bath.
At about $160 for the night it was starting to look a little tired but is modern and clean & good value.
Inclusions:
-WiFi + 2 computers in lobby with free printing
-Coffee making
-Airport shuttle - FREE
-Hotel shuttle to Port Liberty is $35 per person for RETURN TRIP. It is worth it!
-Iron and ironing board
-Safe
-Fridge in room but no mini bar. Ice making near lift on each floor
-Breakfast. But don't get too excited about the free breakfast.
We had a long drive the day before and slept in. I got to the breakfast room at 9am (breakfast closes at 9.30). All tables were taken and there was a queue of 20 people lined up at the very basic buffet. I decided to come back at 9.15.
I did manage to get a table then and got a coffee and a piece of toast.
At 9.30 sharp the staff placed a sign on the door closing it and immediately started to pack every thing away. I had to turn the big auto toaster back on to get a second piece of toast and had to ask for some spread. I got a fairly icy look. I said I could not get near the buffet at 9. The kitchen hand said"Well we did open at 6am" I wasn't quick enough to reply with something appropriate.
It is an ordinary buffet at best with some waffle cooking. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed and DON"T COME LATE!
Luckily I-Hop is just next door.
The front desk staff and drivers were great.

Room Tip: Situated close to the airport means there is always going to be aircraft noise. I would ask for a...
Green Features: Normal towel rules apply here. I was not made aware of any other environmental friendly practices
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
It's good to hear from you and we greatly appreciate that you've taken the time to share your five star review! It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future!
south
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Well-kept hotel. The room was large, clean and facing to the airport.
We didn’t try the facilities – assume like many others that are really tired and just have to leave next morning.
The restaurant is clean with a basic buffet but it doesn’t matter because you are thinking about your arriving flight.
Kind of hotel that you really don’t remember you stayed there.

Room Tip: Read the above
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate that you've taken the time to share your rating of our hotel. It is always our goal to be as helpful and accommodating as possible and to treat our guests as we would treat our families. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Riverside, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The Country Inn and Suites was a great value in the the Newark/New York area. We traveled in and out of Newark for our trip to New York, and used this hotel at the end of our trip because it A) was close to the airport for our early morning flight B) was a great deal for a room with five and breakfast and c) had a shuttle to and from the airport.

We got a junior King suite, too small for five, but we made do. Great king sized bed and very comfortable, soft pillows and sheets. The breakfast is outstanding, and a worthy reason to stay here. The shuttle ran every half hour 24 hours a day, and really helped. We took the shuttle to the airport, Ubered over to Penn Station in Newark (about $15.00) and then used the PATH trains to get into the city. 1 hour and 30 minutes. Not fast, but relatively inexpensive way to get a family of five in and out of the city.

Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the amenities of our hotel! Thank you for this thorough and insightful review. We can't wait to see you again!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Newark Airport? Share your experiences!