“Between Average and Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport, NJ

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport, NJ to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport, NJ
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Glimcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ 07201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Between Average and Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent 5 nights here visiting New York. We flew into Newark and the shuttle was over was smooth. We had 2 rooms that were connecting. The rooms were clean but it does seem as if the hotel needs to be updated. The breakfast was fine and there is lots of choices for all different tastes. I wasn't wowed but I would say it was okay. Bonus is there are outlets across the street for anyone needing to shop!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here during my over night layover in Newark. Sure a nice hotel with clean rooms and friendly staff...
This hotel has free airport shuttle something I look forward to when I stay in hotel just to kill my layover.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saint-Raphaël, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

In Jan 13 was my third visit to this hotel and will not hesitate to go on my next visit. The location is great close of the airport with free shuttle, there is 2 excellent restaurant on the same lot (Hop and Ruby Tuesday) and across the street the Jersey Garden great outlet shopping. The continental breakfast is excellent good choice of food and free

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SappiNY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property after our flight from LaGuardia was cancelled right after the Memorial Day weekend. We were definitely not happy regarding our flight situation, but when we arrived at the hotel after some last minute booked, we were very happy. The property was very clean, the staff welcoming, and overall we LOVE the Country Inn chain. This was our first time staying at Country Inn and since then we've stayed at 3 other hotels in the US and Canada. The hotel offered what we needed, we did not use too many of the amenities. We had an early morning flight so we were not able to try the breakfast, but it's typically the standard fare of oatmale, make it yourself waffles, yogurt, fruits, and muffins/breads. And of course they have delicious cookies throughout the day. I would definitely recommend this chain if you are looking for a clean hotel with friendly staff at a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Secluded hotel is about 15 minutes from Newark Airport. Complimentary shuttle bus departs every 30 minutes from the airport. Opposite the hotel is The Outlet Collection - Jersey Gardens (for the food/eat, but rather do you go somewhere else). The hotel is a normal standard Country Inn with free breakfast, free hot drinks during the day, with a small pool and whirlpool. The greatest weakness are of some members of the reception desk. When we arrived at the reception desk was a man who ate. Not even greeted us and NOT responded to our greeting. He was reluctantly and bored, he gave us a card to our room and told us not a word more. During the next stay, we met with the ladies - receptionists, that were enjoyable (and they greeted), but welcoming, friendly and helpfull reception staff we are really imagine differently. Maybe there were there for a punishment.

The rooms would have need a bit of renovation and not ironed bed linen does not too clearly/freshly. Even long black hair on bed linen were not very pleasant.

If you do not expect anything from the staff, you will probably be satisfied and then we recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel prior to my cruise aboard Explorer of the Seas on 12/12/2012 because it was recommended by a couple of Cruise Critic users , its free airport shuttle, as well as the Sleep and Cruise package. The hotel showed some sign of wear and tear but the staff were extremely friendly and more than helpful. Our flight got there to early to check in so the clerk locked our things away and we walked over to Ruby Tuesday for a quick bite to eat and then we walked over to Jersey Garden outlet mall to waste time.Once I was able to check in I took a nap and my friend he went back to the mall to stroll around some more. We got up the next morning ate the complimentary breakfast and awaited the shuttle to Cape Liberty. Upon getting off the ship we contacted the number on the voucher and the driver picked our group back up and dropped me and my friend off at the airport and returned the others to the hotel. Sorry I did not take photos this time but to be honest I was trying to get ready to board the ship and locate missing and forgotten items I would need aboard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family (wife and two teenage kids) came to NYC for a sightseeing trip right before Christmas 2012. This hotel was very clean, the room was a decent size and the beds were very comfortable. There was a complimentary breakfast which was better than you would normally expect. The breakfast area was quite large and was very clean. I was concerned about security before arrival but that isn't a concern at all. The area is well lit and there are other hotels and restaurants right there. I would highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport, NJ? Share your experiences!