“superb best because of Corey's service.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Elizabeth
“superb best because of Corey's service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

his best understanding and kindness help me to recover from the tiredness much better. I do like him and the hotel. it would be my choice as long as i come to jersey again. and i would never forget this experience.

• Stayed February 2012
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a good review . I'm so pleased to hear that Corey was able to exceed your expectations . Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It's a $20 cab ride to the airport if you need to be at the airport before 7:30. They took pets for an additional $25 and we could hardly find a place that would. The room had a large flat screen, free WiFi, a decent desk, a fridge, double stove top, microwave, and a coffee pot. It would have been good for an extended stay, but we were just overnighting and walked to a Ruby Tuesday for a decent dinner with a fairly good bottle of wine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and your pet again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Quebec City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We didn't know much about extended stay hotels, but seeing reviews on this site, we were expexting a good hotel. This was not the case. The hotel room was very cold, the uncomfortable and there was no hot water in the morning. We couldn't use the phone because the phone system was down and the staff was not helpful at all. There is no daily maid service...not even a change of towels.
As far as we are concern, we will never extend our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. The phone related issue was an isolated incident and we can assure you is not something that you will experience again . We do not offer daily housekeeping services but an exchange of towels is always available at the Front Desk . I apologize that we did not have a proper communication with you in reference to this . Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I understand what the Extended Stay America is all about--giving you a comfortable, almost apartment-like experience when you need to be some where for weeks if not months, but perhaps you should avoid THIS Stay America until it gets its act together.

We stayed for two nights in order to celebrate New Year's Eve in Times Square. By the end of the stay, the following things had occurred:

The second night at 2:00 a.m., the fire alarm went off, causing the fire department to come (and for us to get up and have to go outside). This would be understandable, except that some of the guests who had stayed longer indicated that this was not a rare occurrence. Apparently, the dryers sometimes made the alarm go off.

Also, the second of two nights (after coming in from NYE), or key cards for our rooms and their parking lot had to be re-keyed for some reason, and inconvenience that was unwelcome.

While you don't get daily maid service, you ARE supposed to be able to turn in your towels and get fresh ones. When I attempted to do this, I was informed that they really didn't have clean wash clothes or hand towels available.

The elevators work intermittently. The continental breakfast leaves something to be desired (or a lot to be desired, when after they woke everyone up that early morning, they still removed the breakfast exactly on time, rather than keeping it going longer in order to allow those who tried to catch up on sleep to still get breakfast).

The free internet did work, which is how I am writing this, but when you get access they try to get you to pay for better service.

All in all, a disappointing experience. And surely NOT going the extra mile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was a disappointing experience during New Year's Eve. I can assure you the fire alarm incidents are not common at our hotel . I am also really sorry that we were not able to provide you with the towels you requested . This situation has already been rectified, and we will make sure it does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ewk@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

this was my first visit to Extended stay America and i was very pleased . this is a great hotel with a great staff - the front desk staff is amazing very helpful in every way . i had a lot of questions and request for one staff member (corey) , who was all ways edger to help. i would definitely refer my friends and family stay here when they travel . a big heart felt thank you to corey and the rest of the ESA staff member's for making my family and i fell at home

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable and in particular our Guest Service Representative, Corey. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Woodbury, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel has treated me in a respectful and professional manner, in the 101 days, of my stay, here. I recieved all discounts, allowed by their company's policies, was in a room quickly, and easily. Large sturdy carts were available, and very helpful, in my unloading of an exceptional amount of luggage and equipment.
The desk clerks were highly professional, and wore a personal, friendliness, in their attitudes.
One in particular, stands out, in my mind ( a young lady, named Shavone Queen ). She has been overly helpful, above and beyond; with assistance with my problems, with my computer; and, other normal type, guest's needs. On 2 occasions, when the linen replacwements were not available, from the dryers yet, she went to other rooms, not presently occupied, to borrow what I needed. The young lady has been an exceptional comfort, to my need for extra conveniences, such as delivering mail to my room , during the day, while I was at work ( she's aware, that I work long hours, and am too tired, to bother with asking, some times).
Housekeeping, also, has been exceptional ( including, working around my night shift schedule, for, 5 weeks. My daytime sleep was not interrupted. But, the room got tended-to.
One of the male clerks ( Jalal ) spent about 1 1/2 hours, on one occasion, and a 1/4 hour, on another, assisting me with my scrambled, computer problems( and, solved the problems ), by discussing the details with the Best Buy, GEEK SQUAD, for me. ( I would not have understood their lingo. ).
One other male clerk, ( I think his name is corey ) also assited, on other occations.
( now; you know why I say, they are over-and-above-board. ). Alsio; the security, and privacy in my room,was respected, by all, here. ( I never had reason, to suspect any items missing, etc., during my stay, here. ).
Also; on one occasion, I left a $10.oo tip, for housekeepiong, and it was still on the counter, when I reurned; but, the room was immaculate.

Room Tip: My description, above, is for my 1 room. I'm not familiar, with others. My rating on restaur...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our team members Shavone , Corey and Jalal were able to exceed your expectations and make your stay comfortable . One of the greatest rewards of our job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was my first time at the Extended Stay America and I was very pleased. This is a great hotel with great staff - they had things that I forgot when I needed them and were very helpful in every way. Although I had a lot of questions for one staff member (Shavone), she and everyone was very courteous and helpful....thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side give a nice look for airplane landing and taking off, but regardless of wher...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that our Staff Member, Shavone, was so helpful in assisting you.Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!