“Great place to stay with a great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Springfield, Missouri
“Great place to stay with a great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was my first time at the Extended Stay America and I was very pleased. This is a great hotel with great staff - they had things that I forgot when I needed them and were very helpful in every way. Although I had a lot of questions for one staff member (Shavone), she and everyone was very courteous and helpful....thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side give a nice look for airplane landing and taking off, but regardless of wher...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that our Staff Member, Shavone, was so helpful in assisting you.Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel for 3 nights . Room was clean and comfortable . We loved being right across from the Mall . Staff was kind and helpful ,they let us store our luggage for the whole day while we were out shopping . We will come back and stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Porto Alegre, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the hotel and we had a great experience at this Extended Stay.
Room: really big, great bed, great shower, e everything so clean. If you stay less than 7 nights, you don't have housekeeping, but we did not have problems with that. There is a good kitchen, but almost anything of kitchen stuff (just a pair of knives, spons, plates, forks, cups and some pans). I think this is my only complaining about the room, it is impossible to cook with only these. There is also a coffee maker and a toast. Great wi-fi speed, there is the possibility to do an upgrade in the speed, but you will have to pay for it. We did not pay, and everything was ok for our needs.
Breakfast: really poor... Just coffee, muffins, cereal bars and apples. Apples were not fresh on the first days.
Staff: great staff,they helped us with directions to some places we needed and called us to remember the check out time.
Location: it is near Newark airport, and thanks God, it is not noisy! The hotel is in front of Jersey Gardens Mall (great shopping!!) and it is easy to get I-95 from the hotel, it is near too. Supermarket is not close, I think the nearest is at 3 miles distance.
We booked online, and the bad thing about this is that the website just gives you the cost for the room and does not specify the rates and taxes that will aply during the stay. We discovered these values just in check in time.
Despite the negative topics I mentioned, I would stay there again: great location and comfortable room.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable, though I am sorry that you did not enjoy our "Grab & Go" breakfast. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to read that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Port Bayonne for a cruise. I was impressed with the cleanliness, and everything was new and modern. The staff that worked there were very friendly and helpful and it felt like a safe environment. There is not much to see or do around there, in an industrial/airport area, but suited my purpose well. It does include a rather meagre breakfast, so don't let that be your deciding factor. (Instant oatmeal and coffee). There is a kitchenette in the room, so good if you want to eat in. And the price was right!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you had a comfortable stay, and I thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am in the U.S. Army and my Mother is in Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, NJ battling Heart Disease. My suite each time that I have stayed has been very clean, free parking and convenient. I would like to recognize Ms. Shavone (Hotel Staff Employee). Ms. Shavone was very courteous, professional and gave me service with a "Big Smile". I had to call her a couple of times to find out information and she was always patient, polite and professional. Ms. Shavone assisted me with information on the area and accomodations. Her expertise, knowledge and professionalism is truly a valuable asset to the Extended Stay America Corporation and to the public. SFC Lori A. Anderson-Doby, U.S. Army

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had a great stay, and happy to know that Shavone went above and beyond your expextations . Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area, and we wish your mother the very best in her recovery.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was my first stay at this location and was 5 minutes from the airport, across from Jersey Garden Mall, walking distance to IHOP and Ruby Tuesday's. The room was clean and modern the facility was spartan but for easy access, free parking, pullman kitchen and reasonable rate it met all my requirements. Only suggestion have more than one coffee insert and provide conditioner inthe bathroom. Potential negative the hotel is located in the flight path of the airport. There is good sound insulation but some might be annoyed. free WIFI and parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. I am happy to read that our location, parking, kitchen and rate were so convenient for you, and that you found your room to be so clean and modern. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
St. John's, Antigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked this to have somewhere to stay close to the airport before an early morning flight. The plus was the property is within walking distance of Jersey Garden Mall. The staff was very helpful in arranging a taxi for the early morning drive to the airport and the shuttle provided a ride to the mall in spite of it being so close. There is no maid service unless you are there for a week but extra linens were available at the front office if required. I would recommend for persons who need to be close to the airport and are interested in doing some shopping at the Outlet Collection also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel was so convenient for you Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!