“A Nice Place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“A Nice Place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Called for pickup from Newark Airport-van arrived quickly and driver very polite and helpful.
I arrived at 11:30A.M. well before 3P.M. check-in time. The desk clerk was very nice and gave me my room promptly. When I got to the room, the maids were still inside cleaning up. They had me drop my luggage and asked me to come back in 20 mins. Went back to the lobby and the desk clerk immediately apologized and offered me another room. I told him thank you but I'll wait till they finish. 20 mins later the room was nice and clean. Everyone was very polite and I appreciate their efforts on my behalf.

The room itself was quite nice. There is a stovetop and microwave, countertop with sink and a full size refrigerator. Large bed, good size bathroom, hair dryer and iron/board. Nice flat screen tv and new carpets throughout, They were working on painting the exterior and some parking was blocked, but not enough to be a bother.

A few things:

This is an airport hotel which does mean its near the airport. You will hear planes taking off, but it didn't bother my sleep at all. If you need total silence, this might not be for you.

Although the shuttle from the airport was free, going to the airport there is a $5.25 charge. They don't tell you this in advance, which I didn't appreciate. Although it is much cheaper than a taxi, they should tell you in advance on their website.

Other than that this is a nice place to stay even for more than a few days. Would be nicer with a dishwasher and oven, but is worth the money spent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sedona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Staff is top notch and extremely friendly. Rooms are newly redone with fresh carpets on the floor. The kitchen ara is something to be desired with no oven and not the best stove, but a few pots and pans are offered if you need to cook. All rooms have a refrigerator as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have been coming to Extended Stay America in Elizabeth, NJ for a while every time I have to work on the East coast. And they have upgraded their decor quite impressively. So now they are approaching the 5 star level as their employees especially Carmen. And I know there are a lot of plugs for Carmen but you have to come meet her yourself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you not only for your continued loyalty to our hotel, but also for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. To be told that we are “approaching the 5 star level” means so very much to all of us.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we cannot wait to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Carmen at the front desk is every bit as awesome as the rest of the reviews suggest. That is where the good things end. Airport shuttle costs $5+tax and runs 7am to 11pm. The hotel is run down. My non-smoking room stinks like cigarettes and marijuana. The bedspread has holes in it. The TV remote doesn't work. Whatever - I wasn't expecting luxury for $94/night at the airport for the 6 hours I'll be in the room. But what really takes the cake is the construction going on in the room directly above me at MIDNIGHT! Drills, hammers, etc. When i called the front desk, the agent (not Carmen) verified that construction was indeed happening in the room above me and suggested that I talk to the manager when he arrives at 7am because "she just works there". Seriously???

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and would like to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about Carmen. But I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We arrived here with a party of 8 and had 2 rooms reserved. But initially the both rooms were on different floors.Carmen at the front desk was very helping and she went out of the way to re-assign our rooms at the same floor. She also helped us with our questions related to restaurents and also with the questions related to local travel. She really showed interest in trying to help us. I was impressed a lot! and I will strongly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I am so glad that Carmen was able to get both of your rooms closer together for you, and to help you with regard to the surrounding area. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays, and your willingness to recommend us to others is the greatest compliment you can give us!
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Im about to write this review and can already read the numerous positive reviews about the Front Desk clerk Carmen... and for a good reason. She fulfilled all of our requests. We were already stressed out because my husband is active military and we were en route to Germany on pcs orders. We were also traveling with our cat. She helped make our stop in between flights extremely accommodating and was understanding with a family issue that had come up.

The property was excellently priced for what we received, but honestly, it's always great service that makes the stay worth wild. Carmen should be highly commended for her uplifting personality, sense of understanding, efficiency, and overall charismatic quality, wanting to help and putting others before herself. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Kimberly,

I would like to thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport, and, in particular, about our colleague Carmen. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. We also realize that we are very fortunate to have Carmen representing us to our guests!
Ithaca, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good:

Rooms have decent space.
Love their convenient Laundry and microwave oven.
Very warm staff. Meet with a lady called Carmen (I think). Very genial person that is hard to find in other hotel receptions.

Bad:
Rooms have a strange odor, but the window can be open by yourself, so it's not a big issue.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.
It would, of course, be our pleasure to see you as our guest again in the future. Should you experience any issues with odors on your next visit, please be sure to bring it to our attention so that we can rectify the issue during your stay. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!