“very comfortable, clean, trendy and excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

You added Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 (Formerly Doubletree Hotel Newark Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park & Fly
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
“very comfortable, clean, trendy and excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was very happy with all aspects of my stay. The staff was professional, courteous and just simply nice. The hotel was clean, as were the rooms. Comfortable beds, spacious room and many amenities in the room. We ate downstairs and enjoyed a glass of wine, appetizer and salads. The food was made with fresh, healthy ingredients and not overly sauced. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. They have a beautiful pool and fitness center that I did not take advantage of. The shuttle service every 15 mins to the airport was very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night on a recent trip to NY State. The lobby is very welcoming and the check in was smooth and quick. The room was a decent size with very comfortable beds. As well as being clean, the room was quiet as we were located at the back of the hotel. Even better, the air conditioning was super quiet so we got a good night's sleep. The restaurant was pretty good with a nice variety of choices on the menu and the quality of food was good as well. My only criticism would be that the restaurant and bar areas were a bit lacking in character that certainly wasn't a deal breaker. Great staff - very friendly and attentive, perhaps a bit slow when it came to the breakfast service but we weren't in a hurry. Several previous reviewers have mentioned that the hotel is expensive. I got a very good deal by going through Expedia but that was paying in full, in advance and with no refund for cancellations.

I understand that this hotel has been recently renovated and if you look closely enough, you can see where they've repainted walls etc. I don't know what it looked like before but they've certainly done a good job and made the place seem fresh and (almost) new again. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Excellent rating encompasses: outstanding support in pre-meeting planning (thank you Cynthia, convenient location, secure parking, delightful lobby, front desk reception, guest rooms are beautiful and well appointed, amazing food - both the restaurant and meeting F&B, perfect meeting space, and above all - the staff is outstanding. Everyone on the staff was pleasant, efficient, professional, and just a joy to spend a few days with.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monika V, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for the fabulous review! Our team works very hard to provide our guests with the best possible experience in all areas of their stay. We hope that if your meeting plans bring you back to the Newark Airport area we will be your host again!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. VERY close to the airport. We ended up staying here a night because a flight was cancelled, it was late, and we had to quickly find a place to stay. The hotel was sold out of rooms with 2 queens, so we took a king bed with a sofa bed. The staff was very accommodating and understanding. They brought us a cot, so that we could all stay together. The breakfast in the morning was great. My only complaint would be the hefty price we paid overall.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The lobby is a great first impression. The staff are friendly and helpful. Sometimes they serve hot chocolate in the lobby, but I missed it on my last visit.

The rooms were comfortable and updated, but not fully. The bathroom door was old with chips in the paint. There was no counter space in the bathroom. I wound up leaving my tooth paste, because I didn't notice it when I left; it was up on the glass shelf.

Floors in the rooms were nice and the beds are comfortable. The room can be made dark, but there is a lot of noise from the hallway. You can easily hear conversations in the hall and other rooms, vacuuming in other rooms and 2-way radios of staff.

Free shuttle to the airport is great, and if asked, they will drop you at local eateries and bars. Not sure if they'll pick you back up, tho.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Monika V, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to submit some feedback on your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent customer service experience and we are so happy you enjoyed some of our wonderful amenities! If you do come back and visit us, please let our front desk know that you would prefer a bathroom with a full vanity. Our hotel is lucky enough to have 2 bathroom configurations - one with the more residential pedestal sink with the vertical bathroom vanity, and one with the more traditional full size vanity.

Thank you again for staying with us! We truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
Humble, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was very happy to have a warm room and a comfortable bed during the snow storms that cancelled flights by the hundreds. The gas fireplace at the entrance took the chill off right away. I stayed 2 nights in different rooms and they were both clean with comfortable beds. I really liked walking into my room to discover a welcoming lamp on to chase away the night. The only issues I noted were thin walls and leaky faucets. Room 636 bathtub drain leaks so I couldn't soak in a hot bubble bath. Room 634 bathtub faucet drips and the toilet tank leaks so the water kept turning on to refill the tank. Perhaps I was so "keyed up" from the long travel days that I was hyper-aware of the noises. Speaking of noises, the interior room to room noises were annoying. I was witness to the early morning activities of a man 2 doors down. I'm pleased to report that his prostate doesn't seem to be a problem and he sounded well hydrated. I recommend he consider kicking the smoking habit. I know he could hear me as well because I sneezed and heard a muffled "Bless you!".

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! Your feedback will help our hotel target issues in our guest room and ensure they get corrected for future stays. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Newark Airport area you will visit us again so we can provide you with a wonderful stay.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times, as a Marriott Platinum Rewards Member, and it has needed some room upgrades, dirty, warn, furnishings scratched/dented and old. When I booked my stay it said "newly renovated room". I apparently didn't get on of those rooms. Mine was dirty, warn, furnishings scratched/dented and old.

I like this hotel a great deal. The restaurant is great... the food is really good for a hotel restaurant. The staff is always great and this stay was not any different and neither was my un-renovated room.

I guess I need to ask for the newly renovated room when I return on my next trip.

Room Tip: If you book a a supposed "newly renovated room" make sure you get one.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monika V, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the time you took to write a review! Any and all feedback is important to us and we use them to continue to do what we do well and to find the opportunities for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and conditions issues that you experienced with your guest room. We have taken your comments and will review with our housekeeping and engineering departments to ensure they are properly addressed.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, please reach out to us directly so we can ensure your next stay is truly enjoyable!

Been to Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!