“Best Italian Restaurant in the Area!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 214 restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: Italian
new jersey
“Best Italian Restaurant in the Area!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Been here a couple of times as I am a resident of Elizabeth. The Restaurant is outdated but seems like they want to keep it the Original way. The food is excellent, the Pizza, Veal parmegian with spaguetti, the ravioli's !!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Delicious food!! Look around because you might see Famous people here. The place is known Nationwide and I have met people that drive from other States to eat here. Recently the famous Don King was eating here. Enjoy!! Bon apetit!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
“Like dining with the Sopranos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

There's no butter, no coffee, no dessert, street-only parking and its cash only. The chicken parm is wonderful. Pizza is awesome. And everyone loves the homemade ravioli. The dark atmosphere definitely gives you a Mafia vibe, but it's more than welcome since the food is so good.

Atlanta
“The best pizza on the planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Always my first stop when I am visiting home. Not only is the pizza the best, but the veal cultet also. The home made ravioli melt in your mouth. My grandfather used to take me there when I weas a kid- we would sit in the bar area and I would have a birch beer while eating with he and his cronies.

• Visited May 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Classic GREAT Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I grew up in NJ in the 60's and my parents took me there as a kid so you can say I've been going there for 50 years.

My Dads absolute favorite meal was Spiritos veal parm. I can't remember a single time my dad didn't have it when we went there.

There are two sides, the bar side and family restaurant side and basically the main entrance brings you right through the kitchen. We almost always ate in the bar side.

This is old style italian food. The veal parm is one of my favorites also as is their ravioli. Can't think of a single time the food has been less than 100% and during my lifetime I've been there 100's of times.

I'm living in Indiana now and don't get to go to Spiritos on a whim any longer but when I'm back home in NJ, getting there is a priority.

I've read some other reviews about service issues but truthfully, I wouldn't care if I had to wait my own tables to have some Spiritos. My mouth is watering just writing this review. I'm sensing a trip back to NJ!

• Visited June 2011
New Jersey
“Best Homemade Ravioli EVER!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The ravioli in meat sauce is to die for. You will never find anything better ANYWHERE. The pizza is fantastic as well and don't miss the garlic salad, although it will stay with you for a few days. Forget any kind of atmosphere but that doesn't matter because the food is awesome. In the summer walk down the block to DiCosmos for fresh Italian ices

• Visited May 2012