“Never fails to impress” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 223 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Never fails to impress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We go here atleast once every few months. The steak and shrimp on a stone for $24 is unbeatable. Steak and lobster tail is $27.95 and filet only with two filets is also $24. Delicious and unbeatable price.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, New Jersey
“OK but use to be a lot better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went there the other night (Tue) for a birthday and arrived about 5:30, the place was pretty empty. They start you off with a salad which I use to enjoy but this time it was different. It had a lot of oil , no olives and clumps of carrots and onions like it was just thrown together with hardly any vinegar.

For the entrée, I ordered the same as last time, the seafood in a pot which has shellfish and fillets in it, only this time, no fish fillets, just shellfish. The service was slow as usual, but I would tolerate that, but the food wasn't the same. As other reviews I read about this place, the servers are inattentive.

Upon receiving our check, the prices for our entrees were higher than what was printed on the menu ($2.50 more on each entrée). We told the waiter and he corrected our check. Not sure if prices are going up and they didn't correct the menus or what. Upon leaving we had to exit through the banquet room which to our surprise, was packed. No wonder we didn't see our waiter toward the end of the meal. Others took care of us with serving and the check. I've been coming here quite a while, to bad it's gone downhill. Also, they seem to know the locals and take care of them as one time we were here, others were being seated before us.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Warren, New Jersey, United States
“Wrong order!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I ordered stuffed Sole but was bought out a whole fish with shrimp and baby scallops on top. When I told my waiter that was not what I ordered he argued with me and said yes that was what it was and walked away. I tried eating the brunt fish but it had no flavor, all bones. Both the shrimp and scallops on top were hard, very blend again no flavor. I complained again but the waiters just ignored me. It felt has if I was invisible; the kicker is that I paid for food that I could not eat. My family and I used to love coming here but it seems the only thing this place has going for them is the steak on the stone. The service is awful, it SUCKS!!!!!!.

I think the owner should investigate its staff; the manager saw everything and did nothing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
N.E.PA
“Great seafood, very crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time that I was here. The first time was a few years ago, in the more formal dining room where they accept reservations. This time, we were a little late trying to get a reservation, and nothing was available until 8:30 on a Saturday night. So we listened to some advice from the locals and showed up at the bar and gril which does not take reservations. Since we had a party of 5, we did end up waiting for a large enough table to open up, but did get seated before 8:30. Not sure of the actual length of time, but we all were on our second drinks when we were seated. Wait staff was very nice. The food looked amazing, as we observed the platters being delivered during the wait. Large menu and I really couldn't narrow down my choice. A couple of the items are priced for either 1 or 2 people. After consulting with the waiter, he did say that they had a platter available, with lobster, prawns and shrimp for $65.00. Three of us shared that and the other 2 ordered entrees. One ordered crab stuffed flounder, and the other a pasta dish. Everything was wonderful. We also ordered 2 desserts to share. The total bill for the above and a pitcher of Sangria came to just under 130. Absolutely great.

Visited June 2013
“Really wanted to like my experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Beautiful to look at but sadly too loud even without any background music. :( We were a large group so we didn't feel connected to the other side of the table. Food was okay, was expecting more flavor. Strange to see so many pasta dishes in a Portuguese restaurant. Wait staff not attentive enough. Never got coffee with our desserts. Waiter totally forgot. Best thing about my experience was the bread and olive oil, awesome rolls.

• Visited June 2013