“Horrible,Horrible,Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2580 Tilton Rd, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234   |
Maryland
“Horrible,Horrible,Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

This "hotel" was terrible it smelled like smoke, it looked like a dump. The staff was horrible. My reservations got messed up by them and they we're trying to get me to pay more money for a room I didn't want. This place shouldnt even be open. I do NOT recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
CatTrenden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

This was a VERY affordable place, and my room came with no problems. I'm a graduate student on a budget, and this place had a lot to offer, considering how little they charge! The rooms and bathrooms were huge, we had lots of privacy since the rooms are spread apart, and the place even had a pool! It was a 10 min drive to the heart of the city, and I thought it was completely worth it. I would book a room here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

In my lifetime i have been fortunate enough to travel the world...but nothing prepared me the horror i was about to encounter. I had read reviews on the website prior to booking my stay, but frankly i thought people greatly exaggerated the hotels condition. Let me tell you i just checked out, and i have stayed at $2 hostels in Egypt that had cleaner functioning washrooms than the courtesy in. The management should be disgusted with themselves. i would highly recommend staying somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

This Inn was not up to the standards of what a hotel should look. It was very run down, needs major upgrading. There was a foul odor in the room and the tub had a green specimen in it. I would not let a stray dog stay in this hotel. Your company should be ashame to even represent this hotel as a one star. If it was up to me it would have no stars at all. It would be classified as a flea bag motel. We decided to not stay and took a loss of 100.00. Your company should recommend decent hotels not hotels that are not fit to stay in for even one night.

Stayed October 2007
Pennslyvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

When we arrived at our hotel,the nightmare began.As we walked into are room,it smelled dingy, like it wasn't opened up in months. The carpet was not vaccumed, The sheets were old and had stains on parts of them. The bed covers had holes in them.

The room was dimmly lit. We were missing a light bulb from one of the lamps. The light over the sink was burnt out. The bathroom sink was in need of repair. The door handle to the bathroom was loose and was about to fall off.

Upon check in the Host informed us that everything was paid for through Expedia and he did not even know how much they (Expedia) charged for the room.

All together the hotel was not worth the price we paid for. I will not stay there again, and would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Liked — avaible at that time
  • Disliked — the whole hotel and everything in it
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

My friends and I stayed here b/c Hotwire.com said that we were getting hooked up with a 3-star hotel with a 2-star price.....it was dirty, there were stains on the carpets, there was an opened can of sprite on the dresser......it looked like a 0-star motel! It was soooo dirty, we went out and bought sheet sets to put on top of the beds! and the outside....it looked very scary at nite, like a scene from a horror movie.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

I booked through Orbitz and the hotel is rated 3 Star. It is just a fraud. I assured Orbitz law suit if they did not refund my money. Once we got into the hotel, we understood the fraud. The person at check in was fully aware of the fraud and was enjoying it. The hotel is not even rated 1 star. We walked away from the hotel and found another hotel to stay in Atlantic City. I was not prepared to put my family through this nightmare.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The location. The building
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtesy Inn Atlantic City Airport? Share your experiences!