Stayed in a king sized room this past weekend at this hotel. I booked this hotel because the price was reasonable compared to what I would have paid had I stayed at a hotel on the Boardwalk. It is a short drive from this hotel to the Boardwalk via the Atlantic City Expressway (toll road) or Black Horse Pike (no tolls). There are also several strip malls and what appeared to be a regular mall a a few miles up the road.
I arrived at the hotel early, but the room wasn't ready. The young lady at the desk stated that she'd call when it was and she was true to her word. I was a little leery of what the room looked like on the inside, because the outside door had paint that was chipped and peeling, but the room was fully renovated and a good size. There was a fridge, but no microwave in the room. There is a microwave in the vending area of the floor I was on (4th).
I agree with one of the other reviewers about the smell. There was a strong odor of paint in the wee hours of the morning and it seemed to last for about 10-15 minutes before dying down. This happened on two separate occasions while there.
I did eat breakfast and there was a decent variety (scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, etc.)
Overall if you are looking to book a room in Atlantic City without breaking the bank I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.Are you looking for a clean and affordable hotel, but don't want to stay in downtown Atlantic City? The Holiday Inn Express Hotel in West Atlantic City, NJ is a four-story interior corridor hotel with a great room and a full breakfast served from 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM daily. We are located just two miles from FAA Tech Center and Atlantic City Airport. Holiday Inn Express in West Atlantic City is located just 10 minutes from the excitement of the Atlantic City casinos, beaches and boardwalk. We offer a shuttle to the boardwalk for those guests who would prefer not to drive. Every over sized room has a 25-inch TV, free cable and HBO, free high-speed wireless Internet and voice mail, coffee makers, fridges, iron and ironing boards, hair dryers and clock radios. You will fall in love with our brand new king and traditional double bedded rooms with desk and easy chair. Visit Atlantic City, NJ and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express West Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express West Atlantic City Hotel Egg Harbor Township
- Holiday Inn Express Pleasantville
- Holiday Inn Pleasantville
- Pleasantville Holiday Inn