“luscious creation” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
ATLANTIC CITY NJ
“luscious creation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

What a wonderful experience I aways have when I order a cake from Irene .The best thing is Irene is a real person that gives you her undivided attention even though she has lots of work to do,She makes sure that she gives you personal attention.I have lived in this area all my life and have been getting cakes from Irene for alot of years.She makes all her cakes fresh to order.She does not pull the cakes from the freezer.you always know that your cake will be baked the day that you pick it up.Where else can you get that kinda freshness ?And for her cakes they are to die for any flavor that you can imaging.and her buttercream is melt in your mouth creamy and not sweet its just right. Bottom line is if you want the best homemade cake ever .Irenes is the place. :-D

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brigantine, New Jersey
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

After a lifetime of asking for no icing, avoiding cake, refusing cannoli: Irene's perfection! Modest store, but oh! Always fresh. Icing of my dreams. Cannoli filled with fresh ricotta to order, not sitting around in a case getting soggy. Want chocolate chips? Real chocolate. Sweet and helpful in the store and on the phone. Tastes if you're nice! I invent occasions to visit Irene's. I drop in and always get something wonderful.

Visited December 2011
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Beautiful and Delicious Cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Irene made a cake for my partner and I for our wedding . From the moment we met her she was great to work with. She helped us to pick the right cake for us and gave us the best price. I was skeptical of butter cream icing since everywhere else I have had it it has been way too sweet and gritty, due to using shortening instead of butter. I can assure you irene only uses butter in her butter cream and it is so smooth it melts in your mouth. It was perfect with the vanilla cake we ordered. The cake was just the right sweetness too, not over the top. It was moist and delicious too. It was beautiful and everyone at the reception raved about it. She also gave a great price!!!!

I can't say enough good things about Irene's Signature desserts and Irene.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best kept secret in NJ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My fiance and I are getting married next year and started shopping around for bakeries to do our cake. We just happened to stumble across Irene's, and thank God we decided to stop in! Her cake was incredible, moist and delicious, the icing was perfect, it was hands down the best cake we had ever tasted.
Don't let her humble store front fool you, it may not seem like there is much going on inside but Irene's cakes are made with real magic.
She was so helpful and gave us a real bargain too. If you're getting married or throwing a birthday party, talk to Irene, you'll be happy you did.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“The best cakes in South Jersey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have been living in South Jersey for over 20 years now and through the years we have been able to order cakes from all the bakeries in the area for the various special occasions in our family (birthdays, graduations, weddings, anniversaries). We kept trying different bakeries because we couldn't find a truly great cake anywhere. Either they were too sweet, or were dry, or were tasteless. Once we tasted a cake by Irene, we became her happily loyal customers, and have been ever since then.

The cake we first tasted from Irene's was a simple vanilla cake with buttercream icing, but it was remarkable. The cake was moist and delicious. Vanilla cake is simple, but I have never had a vanilla cake as tasty as Irene's. The moist richness of the cake melts in your mouth! The buttercream icing was superb, not too sweet. The cake was also frosted beautifully.

The taste of Irene's cakes is what keeps us coming back. Our family especially loves her triple chocolate cakes -- they have a thick, decadent layer of chocolate filling in between the cake layers. Irene doesn't skimp on the chocolate -- our latest order of a 12-inch triple chocolate cake weighed 14 pounds! Nevertheless, her prices have stayed constant over the years. She really takes pride in creating special, delicious cakes that remain affordable for customers.

Having an Irene's cake is an essential part of our family celebrations. We are very glad that we have such a great place to order cakes and desserts from in our area!

• Visited July 2011