“A Special Treat not in our Plans!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
A Touch of Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Farr Avenue
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“A Special Treat not in our Plans!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We recently visited NJ for a family wedding (09/19 - 09/22). We flew into Atlantic City via Spirit Airlines and saved a bundle from not flying into Philly. Since we were so close to AC, we decided to drive over to see the ocean and walk a bit on the Boardwalk.

We stopped in to James Salt Water Taffy to pick up some treats to take back to Hotlanta. While there we asked the clerk if there were any good seafood restaurants around. She said she didn't think so and then asked where we were staying. Since we were traveling towards Philly she said she had a favorite Italian restaurant she'd recommend and they had a good selection of dishes with seafood. She wrote down the name and address of "A Touch of Italy" and told us we'd love it.

Having never been through this part of Jersey before, I entered the address into my GPS and took a 20 minute drive and arrived successfully. Nice place from the outside - we went in to experience the place.

The decor was pleasant, the menu was quite extensive and the pricing for the quality of food provided was a great value.

Too bad we don't live in the area - this place could become a regular favorite of ours.

Many thanks to the James Salt Water Taffy clerk for sharing her favorite place. We will be sure to come back if ever in the AC area in the future!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Delray Beach, Florida
“Consistently Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have been going to A Touch of Italy for over 30 years. The restaurant used to be located in a strip mall in Pleasantville before moving to its current location on the Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Township. It has been owned and operated by the same family all during this time. Unlike many chain restaurants there's usually a family member in the kitchen or at the front desk to greet you.

We moved away from the Atlantic City area several years ago, but whenever we're in the area (usually during the summer months) we always include A Touch of Italy in our dinner plans. The restaurant has three seating areas (4 if you include some booths in the bar area). It is very popular with locals as well as visitors. As a result, it was not unusual to wait 30-40 minutes to be seated on a busy summer weekend. However, they have begun taking reservations so we were promptly seated this past Friday night at 7:30 PM.

I suggest you request a table in the main dining room since the front dining room has larger tables and can get noisy if a big group is there. The back dining room has a pizza oven in the wall. Fine if you're there for pizza but not for a regular meal.

The drinks are excellent, the servers are friendly and knowledgeable. The clientele is a mixture of people of all ages including families. All entrees come with soup or salad as well as a basket of bread. I always order one of their specialties which is Chicken Sorrentino. It consists of two portions of chicken breast on a bed of pasta with a white wine or sherry sauce that is a secret family receipe. The Linguine Cardinalle is a mixture of freshly chopped clams and shrimp in a similar wine sauce on a bed of pasta. The eggplant rollentini (eggplant stuffed with ricotta and topped with homemade marinara sauce) is the best around. My wife ordered the grouper entree this past Friday evening. She liked it better than the grouper at Bonefish Grill so that's really saying something.

The other person in our party ordered steak which is something I've never done since I'm stuck on Chicken Sorrentino. He said it was perfectly cooked and delicious. I can't comment on dessert since we were too full at the end of our meal. The bill averaged about $30 per person.

A Touch of Italy is just that.

Visited August 2013
Ocean City, New Jersey, United States
“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great find in EHT - went to the movies at Tilton 9 and found Touch of Italy a few miles down the road. Other than slow service (our waiter was wonderful - Mario) but it appeared understaffed. Waiters did everything other than bring main entrée. I ordered frutti del mare (exceptional) and my friend got Veal Scallopine (wonderful). Great food, nice wine list, warm and friendly environment, not to be missed!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Grouper...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent service and delicious food. We were very pleased and went back a second night on our trip to Atlantic City.

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“DISGUSTED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were in the mood for an authentic wood burning oven pizza. Their sign outside the restaurant boasts a woodfired brick oven pizza. We walk in and i'm immediately turned off by the moldy smell of the restaurant. It's dark and dingy. We are seated and given menus. A few minutes later we're approached by our waitor who asked if were ready to order. I started by saying that I would like to try their pizza. He asked if that was my entree and I responded that it was my meal. He said," Ohhhhkay ..."..and rolled his eyes. He was the most annoying and offensive waiter that I have ever met. After a long wait we were served our pizzas. IT WAS THE MOST DISGUSTING PIZZA THAT I HAVE EVER EATEN, The dough was bland.They smothered it with a huge amount of sweet tasting sauce that was overpowered with garlic and spices.... The other pizzas we're just as disgusting. The sausage on one of them was rancid.....If they can't get a simple pizza right I can't imagine what they'll do with the other meals.

• Visited July 2013