“Order taker lied about delivery time” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Italian, Steak, Seafood
Description: Italian, Steak, Seafood
“Order taker lied about delivery time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Ordered two pizzas at 5:55pm. Was told 20 min delivery time to get to our house 1/2 mile away. Got food an hour later and was told 'we don't give a delivery time'. They don't realize there are several pizza places very close. Poor history of customer service, prices that keep rising and JUST pedestrian product. Sorry Momma Mia but time to check yourself.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“You don't get what you order.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I ordered take out. The first time I ordered subs with no onions. I have an allergy to onions. The subs were picked up and when we started to eat them they had onions on them. I called and they told me to drive them back. Yesterday I ordered a pizza with light tomato sauce and light cheese. You guessed it! The pizza had extra sauce and extra cheese. Don' t order there they give you what they want to!

Visited October 2013
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Small Italian bistro with that European feel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner as a family of four. the restaurant is relatively small with perhaps 7 tables. The wait staff was very helpful and attentive. Veal parmesan was somewhat disappointing but the sausage and lentil dish , seafood bouillabaisse and brasciole (sp), were fabulous. This is place to explore less common Italian fare. Reservations are a must.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well, they certainly lost my parents routine patronage after another order was delivered incorrectly and the "manager" really didn't care.

My father ordered dinner, with coupons. The coupons did not specify sides or pastas. He ordered penne with one dish, and he ordered Caesar dressing with the salads. The food was delivered and we saw they gave us spaghetti, and their house dressing. We ate the food, disappointed as this was the 2nd or 3rd time they have messed up our order.

When my dad called the restaurant to let them know, a woman named Kris, who said she was the manager, couldn't bother to listen to my father explain, very rationally might I add, that while he enjoys their food, it is not favorable service when the food he orders is not correct on consistent basis. She told him that "because he used coupons" that's what the dishes came with - If that was the case why wasn't that explained to him at the time of the order?

That is NOT how you handle customer relations!!! I am posting this because *I* work in the restaurant industry, and instead of avoiding blame, Kris should have thought "How can I make this situation better?" But she clearly has no insight on what good customer service is, and because of that - Mama Mia has lost a regular customer. Good job Chris! Way to lose a regular sale.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have dined in Mama Mia's and gotten take out. The food has been inconsistent. I actually ordered the same meal twice in one week because I loved it so much the first time. Later in the week I ordered it and it was cooked completely different. Everything from the sauce, noodles used, and chicken used. The second time around was just flat out gross. I ended up throwing it out. I'm not sure if they have different chefs for different days but am disappointed. I am torn on this and am undecided if I will return. I am very critical of my food choices as we eat out alot and this one I am just not sure it's worth the money.

• Visited September 2012