“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Description: Italian, Steak, Seafood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well, they certainly lost my parents routine patronage after another order was delivered incorrectly and the "manager" really didn't care.

My father ordered dinner, with coupons. The coupons did not specify sides or pastas. He ordered penne with one dish, and he ordered Caesar dressing with the salads. The food was delivered and we saw they gave us spaghetti, and their house dressing. We ate the food, disappointed as this was the 2nd or 3rd time they have messed up our order.

When my dad called the restaurant to let them know, a woman named Kris, who said she was the manager, couldn't bother to listen to my father explain, very rationally might I add, that while he enjoys their food, it is not favorable service when the food he orders is not correct on consistent basis. She told him that "because he used coupons" that's what the dishes came with - If that was the case why wasn't that explained to him at the time of the order?

That is NOT how you handle customer relations!!! I am posting this because *I* work in the restaurant industry, and instead of avoiding blame, Kris should have thought "How can I make this situation better?" But she clearly has no insight on what good customer service is, and because of that - Mama Mia has lost a regular customer. Good job Chris! Way to lose a regular sale.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ocean City, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have dined in Mama Mia's and gotten take out. The food has been inconsistent. I actually ordered the same meal twice in one week because I loved it so much the first time. Later in the week I ordered it and it was cooked completely different. Everything from the sauce, noodles used, and chicken used. The second time around was just flat out gross. I ended up throwing it out. I'm not sure if they have different chefs for different days but am disappointed. I am torn on this and am undecided if I will return. I am very critical of my food choices as we eat out alot and this one I am just not sure it's worth the money.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ventnor City, New Jersey
“Fantastic and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had a wonderful lunch experience....service was efficient, warm and friendly....we were not rushed in anyway......the food was fantastic.....eggplant parm was served on a toasty, crispy sub roll....the eggplant was tender, the sauce delicious, it was served with chips.....will be back to try something else......place was small, but cozy and nicely decorated...plenty of parking

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was my second visit to this place. Made a reservation five days in advance, was given a late reservation, which was fine. I thought this tiny eatery would be winding down, but we were jammed into a corner next to a very annoying four top.
Wife's veal was a bit overcooked, my risotto special was oversalted; the antipasto appetizer was spectacular tho.
They brought the table, olive oil, and a spread with bread; three pieces of bread, we could barely sample the condiments.
The server was great though, pleasant and friendly.
I'm 50-50 on this place, so its hard to recommend or not recommend

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Staten
“mama mias - great except that wasnt 16 ozs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went to Mama Mias in Egg Harbor Township July 28. Its a small place with a pizza shop in front. But the rear restaurant is like a hidden garden - beautifully set up. Its small, only 8 or 10 tables so reservations are a must. Service was spot on and the appetizers were fantastic. The other couple we were with had the calamari, and we shared the tapas plate - unreal!!. Malaseals all come with a nice salad and choices were interesting. My wife had the bouillabase that was excellent. I chose the 16 oz veal chop.... and here is where Mama Mia loses points. We are not engineers or mathematicians but we are sort of foodies and there is no way Jose that that chop was 16oz (even with the bone!!!!). (It was, however delicious) . When we mentioned it to the waiter/maitre d' he said he would check with the kitchen, but alas, that was the last we heard from him until the check was delivered. So, all in all a great meal but if you are looking for the full 16 oz's, heads up

• Visited July 2012