“Excellent value by the Shore!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township

You added Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township to your Saves list
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3022 Fire Road, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Tanger Outlets Package
“Excellent value by the Shore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you don't want to stay at an over priced, outdated, unfriendly place for your beach visit, I suggest you stay at this property. It is exactly 12 minutes from the Ocean City boardwalk and I was extremely pleased. The property is new, the customer service is excellent, there is room to spread out and the best part is they offer a free breakfast AND free dinnner. You read that right....every night they have a complimentary dinner!! We paid about $240/night (total: taxes included) for a room that held 6 (2 king size beds, each in their own room with a nice size bathroom) and a pull out couch in a separate living room with a small kitchen with a full size fridge. There is complimentary coffee all day. It is very clean. The staff is very friendly. The complimentary meals were surprisingly good!

It is very easy to get to, directly off of Exit 36, but you can't hear the Garden State Parkway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AIYEH, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Good morning!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your business! We also hope to see you agian in the future!

Nick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had stayed there also when the power outage happened and I have to say, it was not that bad...come on the entire county had a power outage. We did lose power but we got it back right after midnight, it was fine, things cannot be perfect when a storm just happened to go through. Staff and manager were great with my wife and I, of course we all were stressed but things started to get better. I loved the hotel it was nice and clean, I will definitely come again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Good Afternoon!
Thank you so much for comments about your stay. We sincerely appreciate that you noticed we did our best during a very trying time with no power for almost three days. We hope to see you again in the future and value your business!

Have a great day!

Naples, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I had a beautiful room and the staff were all friendly and helpful. The meals (free) were wonderful. The hotel was clean and modern for the most part. We had a great time and spent very little time at the hotel so these small things weren't much of a bother but were very noticeable, especially since we just came from another Residence Inn in Rocky Mount, NC who really had their act together.
The icemaker wasn't working and when I mentioned it, I was told it takes a while. I waited a week and still no ice. That's a record slow icemaker fellas. Hall the wheels were missing from the drawer in the dishwasher, making it impossible to pull or push it without physically lifting it off the door. I'm young and strong, so it's ok. Half the drawer pulls in the room would fall off when pulled, making it necessary to grab the cabinet or drawer from the bottom to open. I lost several fingernails and feel a manicures in order. The locked air handler closet looked so dusty underneath, it looked like an inch of snow, which irritated my 12 year olds allergies, sending me to the pharmacy for Benadryl the first hour. Finally, I only let the maid clean one day out of seven and even tipped her ten dollars beforehand so she'd do a good job and she didn't windex the mirrors or dust or even clean the glob of chocolate pudding off my 7 year olds nightstand. Somebody needs a new head of housekeeping. I've stayed in hostels in remote areas of South America with less issues than that hotel. Really, it all trickles uphill. I'm not trying to be harsh here either, just honest. It's the little things. I hope next time we visit it's improved.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Good morning,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel, I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered, this is truly not like us to have the little things as you mentioned, left unattended to. I apologize if the ice maker comment/instruction was not delivered properly. We leave the the ice makers turned off in between guests as we have found that guests feel if there is ice in the bin at arrival, that it is ice that was used/made by the previous guest. The comment of wait a little while for ice was meant to be interpreted as once the unit is turned on, it will take about 15-20 minutes for ice to be made. I will make sure our staff is retrained on their verbiage regarding this.

I see from your comments, that clearly this ice maker unit was not functioning, may I ask if you reported it all after the intitial inquiry. We would have beeen more than happy to come in and repair this. As far as the drawers and their handles, we also would have been more than happy to fix these as well. Your comments also indicate that you requested no service for most of your stay, we respect that and your privacy but please know for the future that if you ever encounter anything unsatisfactory in your suite to please contact us and we will rectify any issues immediately.
We appreciate your business with Marriott and our hotel and hope to see you again in the future.

Anderson, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

A strong storm did significant damage in the Atlantic City area the night of our stay. We lost power shortly after midnight. Hotel management somehow managed to prepare and serve breakfast to a completely full house with the aid of a single small generator the next morning.

Power was out in some parts of the area for several days. I believe management did all they could under very trying circumstances.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hello!
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience at our hotel during the power outage. We truly appreciate your understanding and that you notice how hard we worked to have things as normal as possible without the power. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

South Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is in fairly new condition. The room reserved was a 1 bedroom 1 bath suite. Just as the previous reviewer noted, there wasn't a luggage rack or dish liquid provided. As a frequent business traveler it seemed odd that these two items were not provided. I experienced difficulty getting extra towels as well. There were only 3 sets and we required 4 sets. The housekeeper who was outside my door in the morning advised me to contact the front desk for extra towels.

After a day at the beach, my group returned to an unserviced room. No extra towels, dish liquid, and 1 un-made bed, but the gratuity was still there so no one entered the room. Perhaps a door magnet that says "Please service room" would work better than the door hanger that does not indicate the need for service. The current door knob hangers may be confusing to some guests.

I was placed in room 230 which is next to the exit stairwell. If you like to hear people (mostly kids) running up and down the staircase all day and night this room is for you. Any room next to or under the stairs will be annoying if you are a light sleeper.

The bbq that was provided was convenient and prepared well. Unfortunately the female buffet attendant was not very kind nor friendly. We she was approached by a guest asking if there would be more salad she did not respond politely. "What you is all that is left." she said. It was only 1 hour into the dinner time. After the guest left she refilled the salad to capacity.

The morning breakfast was convenient and average fare. Eggs, waffles, oatmeal were good however, the waffle line was busy since one of the two machines did not rotate as it should. i.e. it was broken. The morning staff were a bit more friendly than the prior evening.

Overall, the hotel fit the needs of my reservation but not sure if the rate was the best value compared to other options in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the stairwell and exits.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Good morning,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I think there may have been a misunderstanding with the towels/wash cloths, unfortunately, our housekeeping staff understands very little english and when a request occurs for items that they do not understand, we have instucted/taught them to refer to the front desk so that the request is handled properly. I once again apologize for the inconvenience. As far as the luggage rack and dish detergent is concerned, that is correct that we do not have either in the rooms. Since Residence Inn is primarily an extended stay hotel, all of the furniture as I am sure you noticed has ample drawers to put all of your clothing into versus a rack to live out of your suitcase so to speak. In regards to the dish detergent, we do not have this because our staff cleans any dirty dishes or runs the dishwasher as part of the daily routine of cleaning the room.

I apologize that your room had not been serviced by the time of your return that afternoon, housekeeping was still working, it was not that the room was forgotten, we were running behind on that day. I am not trying to make excuses by any means, but just being brutally honest. I will also look into the the dinner situation as this is not normally like our staff.

Clinton, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Let me start by saying that I like the 'concept' of the Residence Inn and what they have to offer, so if you can find a nice one, then that's even better. I don't believe that this hotel is that old, but the tub had a 30-year yellow ring and overall discoloration around it (Rm. 114). They also provide the bare minimum compared to other Residence Inns. No dishwashing liquid (to hand wash a single dish); no luggage rack (unheard of); hardly any wash cloths! And when I saw housekeeping (working) right outside of my door, the individual told me to call the front desk for my needs (like extra wash cloths/towels) (???).

When setting up the reservation, they didn't want to acknowledge or honor a corporate rate (pre-negotiated with Marriott), claiming none existed, even though every other Marriott property and Residence Inn that I've stayed acknowledge such rates. I set the reservation up through the front desk and when I asked him to email the confirmation, the guy said he could not in an "annoying tone". I asked for a late check out and they reluctantly agreed to one hour, and then hounded me REPEATED about why I was still in the room at noon!

Great place for families if you need separate bedrooms, but check the beds and closets. I'm not sure that this is the cleanest Residence Inn out there...or nicest. In fact, most Residence Inns appear to have very unfriendly staff, so note to Marriott: TRAIN THESE PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room near an exit door. Very long corridors in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Good morning,

I will look into the negotiated rate issue that you mention, but please note that it is not a given for all Marriott hotels to have identical negotiated rates, each location can opt in or out so to speak based on volume of business in a perspective market. Once again, on behalf of the entire staff I do apologize and thank you for your business and comments .

Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you want a nice comfortable spot to rest your head while in the Atlantic City area this certainly the spot for you. Definitely the comforts of home...nice size rooms with full kitchens and free wifi. A decent breakfast is served every morning and if you're there during the week Mon-Wed you'll get a decent dinner as well.
There's NO craps when you choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Good Morning!
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the kind words about our facility. We strive to provide a nice place to stay and a great guest experience. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future!

Nick

Been to Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!