“Fantastic stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Egg Harbor City
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed at hotel for several nights while on business in AC. Hotel staff was fantastic and restaurant was absolutely outstanding!! Anne was great and the food was excellent!! Will be back!! The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and smelled wonderful, they make people smile!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

We made our reservation from a special sent via email. The hotel was lovely. Our rooms were large and very clean . The decor was warm. The staff very pleasant. We found a GEM just 90 minutes from home. We loved the history of the winery as well as the wine tasting .plenty to do nearby or just chill.

• Stayed February 2012
Clementon, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

Just came back from an overnight stay at the Tuscany House using their weekend special. The highlights - the place is unique,food at the gourmet restaurant and Joseph's is excellent same for service, wine tasting your was fun. My only issues were stains on the tablecloths in the gourmet restaurant and the room we paid an additional $50 for the upgraded room that was all they had left. The tv was very old, bathroom small and there were stains in the carpet. I also had to air the room out for a few minutes. It was a large room (rm 223) but not worth the upgrade. In total with tax we paid $350 which included a 15 voucher and wine tasting. Also dinner and breakfast was included. If the total was $100 less I would say that the overnight stay was worth it. I recommend getting the cheapest price for the room then doing everything separate because when I broke out the wine tasting 5 each, the 15 voucher, credit for dinner, and breakfast. The remainder left for the room - not worth the 359 However I would recommend a trip to visit the winery.

• Stayed February 2012
South Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I think one comment I have is the waiter/waitress should let the customer know that they are being charged the gratuity to the bill, because we were not aware they did this and we also added a very generous tip, so he got double, this was as Joseph's Restaurant. Come to find the next day at the gourmet restaurant the very nice waitress made sure she let us know, not once but twice that she added the tip, so we left her extra anyway. And again at the brunch we were not told, but we already knew from the previous day's dinner. Gourmet restaurant and brunch were out of this world, but I was not as happy with Joseph's restaurant, the dinner part anyway, the appetizers were excellent, the dinner was just so so. And one other comment, I peaked in the room directly across from our room, and it was so much nicer and bigger, so I asked the front desk and she said there is an extra charge for that room, but I found that hard to believe since I was not asked if I wanted to upgrade when I made the reservation. But all in all knowing all of this, I would most definately return to the Tuscany House, I think it was definately worth the money.

Room Tip: Well just ask for the nicest room, because my room was very small and very noisy due to the heating...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I wanted to like this place, but right from the beginning there were problems. We paid for the room online, but when we checked in, we were told that our room was 'still dirty', and that the housekeeping staff was gone for the day. After a twenty minute wait we were offered a downgraded room for the same price. The room smelled mildly of pee and rot.

The dining room chairs were covered with food fragments; though the live pianist in the dining room wore a tuxedo, the host wore a stained sweatshirt and sweatpants.

The 'free wifi' worked in the hallway, on the stairs, in the lobby, but wasn't able to reach our room. Granted, this sort of thing isn't normally huge concern. Just another minor annoyance.

Upon checkout, we were told that we need to pay for another night's stay. Again: we'd paid online. It took another twenty minutes for the staff to find the paperwork to indicate that this was the case.

The hotel is in a neat unexpected location, and maybe it's more pleasant during the summer season. But, for the price, I would still expect something nice even during the slow season.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms seem better. Very cool staircase to the second floor, no easy way to get to the t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Morristown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We held a corporate event at the Renault Winery and stayed one night at Tuscany House Hotel. The hotel was decorating for the Christmas holiday and the result was absolutely gorgeous. It really put me in the mood to decorate my own home. We dined at Joseph's Restaurant. The entire stay, meals, hotel accommodations and wine tour were wonderful. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful too. I would recommend this hotel for a quick get away weekend!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
West Creek, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We've eaten frequently at Joseph's Restaurant at the Renault Winery and always had a wonderful experience. They have prefix meals that are thoughtfully created and thoroughly satisfying. I am a very picky eater and came from an Italian house where everything was gourmet in quality and presentation. When I tell you I enjoyed this resutant and Hotel take it too the bank.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort? Share your experiences!