“Bed bugs. That's all there is to say.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Edison Hotel

You added Edison Hotel to your Saves list
Edison Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3050 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, NJ 08837 (Formerly Holiday Inn Edison - Raritan Center)   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Cleveland, Ohio
“Bed bugs. That's all there is to say.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Let's start with bed bugs once I lifted up the mattress. This says it all but I can go on.
Dirty rooms in need of remodeling, peeling ceiling in the bathroom, stained bed sheets, and carpet that is so dirty it looks like a former crime scene.
Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
Shonila A, Manager at Edison Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to post your response.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

I urge you to contact me directly should you come around the Edison area in the future, I will personally make sure your next stay will exceed your expectations.

And as always, we thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mequon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

In August of 2009 I stayed at the Edison with my two grandkids (ages 10 and 12). The location was great to access all of our siteseeing. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff was accomodating. The included breakfast plan made our days go more smoothly. Even though their mom was deployed to Iraq during that year, the kids found this stay to be memorable and we all look forward to another visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Shonila A, Manager at Edison Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear ZChava,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave your repsonse.

We are humbled by your review and do wish to see you again should you come to this area.

As always, thank you for your business.
Ridgefield, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

The girl at the front desk had to tell the person on the other line "Hold on girl, I guess I have to start working" and then continued to hold the phone to her shoulder and talk about their evening plans while checking us in.

View outside of this room was of construction. The room smelled when turning on the heat, like it was burning fabric or hair. There was no remote and only 3 small throw pillows, when called down for the items, the same front end clerk answered and someone will be up there within a few minutes. No one came until the next event happened. Which was that our toilet did not flush and overflowed... even though no paper product or otherwise was flushed. Called down again, someone finally showed up 45 minutes later with a plunger and said he forgot the remote.

Went to the front desk to ask for a different room because we weren't sure what else could happen while sleeping there. She was able to accomodate (while still on the phone with her friend).

Second room was much better.
Checking out, a nice gentleman gave us a discount on the room after he asked how our stay was. Replied with "interesting" however, upon checking my account statement, Hotels (dot)com still charged us the amount oringinally stated instead of the discount rate that we had signed for at check out after our (insert sarcasm) "Wonderful" stay.

Room Tip: Don't turn on the heat or A/C. Terrible smell emits from them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This incident happened on December 30th and 31st 2011 at Edison Hotel. I was staying in Room 310 and friends was in Room 315. I left my wallet in hotel room and placed it inside my luggage and our money were stolen!!! Some friends stayed the other rooms said their bags and luggages were moved, Be careful of housekeepers!!!! Low qualities of staff is a big problem. I know I cannot get my money back, but I want let my personal experience to warn everyone. Hello~ hotel manager and Guest Relations Coordinator! I haven't heard from your reply since you've known that I already went back to Toronto. Oh~ Disappear and no response! That's your hotel's attitude! And I don't care now! Just want to tell everybody my experience and avoid next victim happended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor should be careful.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Shonila A, Manager at Edison Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Felicia,

We thank you for taking the time out to post your experience.
We apologize we did not exceed your expectations, although I did talk with you back and forth personally, and I did advise that since the complaint was not given until two days after you had checked out there wasn't much I could look into.

I thank you once again for taking the time out to write your response and do hope that you can give us another chance and do think of us if when you are in the area.
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Other than the carpet in the halls being in desperate need of cleaning, many deferred maintenance issues and an out of the way entrance, the hotel meets all basic needs. There is a very good deli-HAROLDS-located in the building. You need to get a special menu from the hotel, as the regular menu only offers GIGANTIC portions with enough food to eat as leftovers for a few days. The fire alarm went off at 4:30 AM due to someone smoking in a non-smoking room. There was a long delay until the fire department came, but who doesn't need a 45 minute wait outside? LOL

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
EdisonHotel M, Manager at Edison Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking time out of your day to post your comments about your recent visit to The Edison Hotel.

We hope you chose us again should your travels take to the Edison, New Jersey area again.

-Edison Hotel Management
Westerly, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

we asked to be away from the bar noise.they put us on the third floor and they said ....opposite direction.
guest what...we were shaking in or beds until 2am from the music and drum in the bar.
My husband called the front desk...and they pretty much said...live with it until 2am.
The site said there was a fridge and micro...there was none and no one knew which room had one.
BEWARE

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Shonila A, Manager at Edison Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our event, that was taking place, had caused you and your Husband.

Refrigerators and Microwaves are available upon request.

I urge you to contact me directly should you come around the Edison area in the future, I will personally make sure your stay will exceed your expectations.

And as always, we thank you for your business.
Westerly, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We booked this place not for fun, but for business, for 2 nights.
I read in previous reviews not to stay on 2nd floor because of music. We asked for third floor or higher and were put on third. The music was intolerable even on third floor. I called the front desk, was told that the music would continue till 2 am. I said I was going to call the police to complain, I was told to go ahead, they would not come...it was a bar and it was legal.!!!
Also, we were told rooms had microwave and refrigerator...ours did NOT. I call the front desk and asked for a room with one and was told they did not know which rooms had them!!
Front desk was snotty and indifferent...stay away at all costs. They are going to run this place in ground in and board it up...they DO NOT CARE about guests.
The lobby in the morning looked like there had been a riot..filthy...litter...horibble.
Sleepless in Edison

Room Tip: stay away.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Shonila A, Manager at Edison Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear Mark O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I do apologize for the inconveniences that you had experienced at our Hotel.

We will follow up with the staff to ensure that this won't happen again.
As always, we sincerely thank you for your feedback.

Been to Edison Hotel? Share your experiences!