“Children like it” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
New Jersey
“Children like it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food was OK, nothing extraordinary. Quite noisy ,music could be a little lower. Interesting concept .The children love to see the animals and all the decorations, which are quite impressive. Good restaurant for families.

Visited April 2012

OldBridge, NJ
“RUN far from this jungle!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Received a $25 birthday gift certificate since I'm a Landry's select member so went with my boyfriend this evening for a late dinner. We arrived just before 8pm & was shocked to see such a long line for a table (there were at least 6 families in front of us). Children were running WILD throughout the gift shop (throwing rocks, etc) as we waited in line. We waited for our waitress to arrive about 10 minutes after witnessing a boatload of more children (under the age of 10) running all through the restaurant. Not even looking at the attractions-just running around chasing each other while their parents sat at the table ignoring them. I complained to the manager as they were running non stop past our table & hovering around it, but he said there was nothing he could do to make the children stay in their seats unless they were 'running' (which they were most the time)-he just shook his head & said there was a fundraiser through a school tonight that was 1 day only & he was short staffed to handle the crowd that came out. He appeared overwhelmed with the volume this 'fundraiser' brought out. We ordered our food & some 20 minutes PLUS later was informed they were fresh sold out of vegan burgers. My boyfriend, who rarely eats meat/chicken, was ready to walk out. After the manager checked in the freezer to be sure they didn't have any vegan burgers left, they suggested they could prepare a veggie fajita platter for him with an assortment of vegetables. If it wasn't so late & we weren't so hungry, we would have just walked out. We waited a very long time for refills on drinks as well as a replacement drink as my boyfriend's plastic cup that was cracked from top to bottom & slowly leaking onto the table.

Our meals arrived-my cobb salad was fine, but the veggie fajita dish was basically onions & carrots with 2 very small pieces of green pepper on a plate with a side dish of tortillas, rice with a couple beans, cheese, & sour cream. Suppose the only veggies they had to saute were onions & carrots. When our bill came the "speciality dish" they whipped up was almost $20 & the bill read it was Chicken Fajitas-I questioned the waitress how could they charge that much when they omitted the meat product & she just shrugged. I had to ask to speak to a manager regarding it then she came back several minutes later with an adjusted bill taking $10 off the veggie fajita dish.

It's a family theme restaurant-I get that, but it was definately not even a semi relaxing atmosphere for a mid 30's aged couple -I felt like I was in Chuck E. Cheese with the over abundance of children running wild. Sorry to repeat myself, but I really think the manager should have approached the parents & asked that they contain their children to their table-not make the entire restaurant & gift shop their personal playground. Slow Service, Short Staffed, & Management doesn't appear to have much control of this establishment.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Long food wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

went for my kids enjoyment. service is slow. food is ok. good prices for kids. nothing great. would not return since our kids are older.

New York City, New York
“Parents can just deal with it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a Landry's select member and I go to a lot of Landry's owned restaurants. This one has got to be the absolute worst in terms of food quality and customer service.

I have never in 5 years been greeted and then immediately seated. There is always a discussion on the radio headsets between the greeter and whatever overlord is doling out seats. Being a member of Landry's select is supposed to mean you don't wait on line so I went to the front of the line (6 tables deep) and showed my card. They told me there was no wait and to go back to the end of the line (?). 25 minutes later they found a table for us. It wasn't that there was a lack of available tables, just that the "overlord" had most people waiting 5 minutes or so while they figured out which empty table to give them. When our "tour guide" finally got us to our table, my son who is 5 years old said he wanted to sit at the table next to it. Our tour guide talked to the "overlord" who said no. I asked why and I was told (in a huff) that it was because the table next to that one had just been seated and the waitress would be overwhelmed. After explaining that I had no problem waiting for the waitress I was again told no. I asked for a manager but without a manager appearing we were allowed to sit in the table my son asked for. The restaurant was not overly busy and there were plenty of empty tables around. Never once did a manager or supervisor come over to our table after I had requested a manager.

The waiter, whom I assume was told to take our table only because of the overwhelmed waitress, took 15 minutes to come get our drink order. The food order was taken ten minutes after that. 50 minutes after entering a half empty restaurant we had finally ordered! The food came out and was greasy as usual. My sons burgers looked like they had been sitting under hot lights for 15 minutes. My wife has refused to actually eat anything here for a long time and I think I am going to have to join her. Nachos are a decent bet but anything else makes me sick the following day.

We only go because my son loves the atmosphere. We order him the kids burgers which are quite obviously made from a meat that is inferior to the meat they serve on a regular burger. It tastes horrible, but he eats a few bites each time and has a good time.

after going here at least 25 times in the last three years I have given up on any modicum of order or customer service. You might get a good server or you might get someone who could care less. Two of the bus people are amazing, on multiple occasions they have asked if I needed anything. There are also a couple of good servers.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Kids Will Love, Parents Just Grin & Bear It”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My daughter loves the rainforest decor, all the animatronics, the aquariums, the gift shop, even the Dino shaped chicken nuggets. And it really is a neat place to take the kids. However adults may find the longer than average wait time for a table, the super slow service, the just ok food and having to get kids in and out while walking through a gift shop (reminiscent of a Disney attraction) just a bit trying.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere