“Sushi buffet and more” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Sushi buffet and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after a full day of shopping - close to their closing time. Since it was late did not try the shaba shaba but woul like to go back to try it. You pick your own veggies, meat, seafood and noodles and cook yourself at your table.

The buffet had a large assortment of sushi and sashimi. I love sushi, not an expert but this is as good as other places I have been; I was a little leery because it was buffet, but it was good sushi. It also gave me a chance to try things I have not before as you can take just one piece.

But that's not all - lots of different salads. I especially liked the green beans with sesame. Everything is well labeled so you can see what to select and if someone does not like sushi lots of other stuff to chose from. Satay, crab legs, shrimp cocktail, shumai, steamed clams, clams on the half shell, cooked veggies-eggplant, mushrooms, peppers and more. There was also a nice selection of dessert which I had no room to try.

It was a little pricey 32 per person, but not bad considering its all you can eat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Summit, New Jersey
“Very good ramen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been going to IchiUmi since they opened. We go maybe once every two months mostly lunchtime on weekends. Service is okay. Plenty of food to choose from. Mostly just okay for me. But their ramen soups and udon soups are excellent. And recently, they added shabu shabu to their offerings. It's free/included in price during the promo period. Veggies and seafood are all fresh. Sushi rice could use more vinegar.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent food, nice environment, great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A friend and I spent the day shopping at the Menlo Park mall, and decided to start off with a visit to IchiUmi. Neither of us had been there, but I had heard good things about it. We were a little leery of an "All You Can Eat" sushi buffet, but for an $18.95 lunch special, we figured it was worth a shot.

The sushi was delicious! there were so many varieties, as well as salads, other cooked fish dishes, tempura, soups, dumpling, hot pots. The chefs were right on top of the displays, keeping them clean and constantly replenished. The staff was incredible nice and accommodating. We had such a nice time, that I will be going back in two weeks to reat my son to a birthday lunch.

Definitely try IchiUmi. You won't regret it.

• Visited March 2013