“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Middletown, New Jersey
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. I was greeted by Liz who was welcoming and helpful as she checked me in. She made my check-in quick and painless. My room was clean and nicely decorated. I called down to the front desk for information about public transportation. Eddie answered the phone and was friendly and informative. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Edison area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent response regarding your stay with us. We appreciate such positive feedback about our staff members Liz and Eddie, they both take great pride in meeting our guest expectations. We all thank you on behalf of the Sheraton Edison for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel was clean, the staff friendly and the restaurant staff and food excellent! Chef came to my table to ask how my meal was and to apologize for being out of something I tried to order the night before (green beans lol).

My room had a decided tilt, a high point running north/south through the middle, and the low point on the east side of the room (at the head of the bed). That would be my only complaint. Otherwise, a nice place to stay, connected to the building I needed to go to so I didn't have to go outside in the dead of winter and it had it's own Starbucks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. It is nice to hear that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Chef regarding your excellent dining experience with exceptional service, it is good to see that he welcomed you and took the time to introduce himself. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit and my standards for a good hotel are simple. Have a clean, comfortable room, quick check -in and a decent bar with good food. I find consistency here time & time again. The bar is always a great place to unwind and eat and Maggie the bartender is simply terrific. Always have great conversation with her and enjoy the energy she creates around the bar with other customers. Food is excellent and I've tried nearly everything on the menu. Great job Sheraton Edison!

• Stayed January 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Edison. We are very happy to hear that you found the hotel clean and comfortable. In addition thank you very much for recoginizing Maggie in our lounge area, we are are happy that she provided the type of service you are use to. I will also pass along to our Chef your positive praise regarding our restaurant and lounge menu, he does an excellent job creating additional menu selections to meet our guest needs. In closing thank you very much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Maggie the bartender is awesome! She makes you feel like family, she is very social, caring, and makes you feel at home....When you travel a lot it is wonderful to feel like you have a friend and for the last 4 years that I have been coming here she has been the one thing I have looked forward too! She is Great ! ... always makes all of us feel special....hats off to Maggie !

• Stayed January 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent comment regarding your stay with us. It was great to hear that you have been a long time loyal guest to our property. What is also great to hear is that you have been treated like family by our staff and in particular Maggie our bartender. This is not the first time that Maggie has recieved such great comments and I am sure it wont be the last .On behalf of the Sheraton Edison hotel we thank you very much for your business and look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager.
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable for a older hotel. The room was nice the pillows were very comfortable but the bed was very firm. I think they need to really upgrade this property.
Inside and out really needs a over haul. Don't get me wrong the place is ok. I have stayed at other Sheratons really got that Wow feeling when you walk in. This time I didn't. I would stay again if I get a great deal on the room. But this hotel really needs to upgrade to the 21st century.
Also the club lounge should have a better variety of healther foods and drink. The bathroom was very nice too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent response regarding your stay with us and we greatly value the feedback you have provided. In response to your comment regarding the age of the hotel, we are currently upgrading the property on a regular basis to ensure that we meet the expected standards of all our guest including the change and upgrading of our club lounge food variety and health selections. Thank you once again for your valued input and we hope to see you again in the near future when you are in this area. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Woodbridge NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here recently, was disappointed by the staff and their response to my inquiries, seems that they didnt want to help, and didnt care about providing me the information I needed. Anyway, It looks like the same furnishings and bedding that was used 21 years ago when I stayed here on my wedding night. I also forgot how much noise comes from the main road during the night. I cant recommend anyone stay here, especially when there are much better hotels like the Hampton Inn in Woodbridge that cost much less.

Room Tip: stay away from the bottom floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent response regarding your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations regarding some of the staff challenges you had, we would like an opportunity to resolve these if you would kindly contact me directly so I can address them immediatly. In response to your comments mentioning that the hotel looked the same from 21 years ago, we have gone thru a mulitimillion dollar renovation approximatly 5 years ago and continue to make physical improvements each year, however do apologize that your percieved expectations were not meet. Regarding the noise comment we are addressing this isolated comment as well and it fortunatly has not been a consistent issue to previous guest. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the future so that we can redeem your confidence within the Sheraton Edison Hotel Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is well located however not easily accessible by bus/train. You will need a car/cab to get there. We had a business conference at the hotel. It was well organized and the staff was very helpful. I found the Club Sandwich particularly good and in fact had it for lunch two days in a row.

The rooms and bathrooms are neat, but a little old. Housekeeping service was impeccable.

Cant say I really enjoyed the stay ( I was working after all), however it was a very comfortable two days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us and thank you very much for staying with us. We are glad to hear that your experience in the hotel was a positive one and that you found our Houskeeping friendly and the room clean. Our Chef is one of the best in the area and although you had only had a Club Sandwich maybe next time you can take advantage of some of his fine culinary talent. Once again thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Been to Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center? Share your experiences!