“Service that will make you think” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Edison

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Edison to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Edison
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   860 New Durham Road, I-287 at Middlesex Avenue, Exit #3/2-A, Edison, NJ 08817   |
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Edison
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Service that will make you think”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for over a week and was given nothing but headaches. The location was creating prices and would not honor the prices that they quoted. They display a $1.50 charge for the safe and even if you inform them that it's not necessary, they still will display that on the invoice. They did not have any restaurant menus for the guest to order and the manager, ANDY, at the front displayed the worst managerial service that I have seen. He was yelling at the other employees in front of the guests. They also cancelled reservations after a lady was nice enough to inform them of the linens.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My sleep was very good at this hotel, however there were some downsides. The towels feel like sandpaper, and the air quality is not that great. The bed was very comfortable though, and you will have hot water. I couldn't beat the 60/night price though. It sure beats the high prices in the city. The staff was friendly and we didn't have any issues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The wonderful lady I booked the room with I did not meet so disappointed. Tracy though was a really professional and provided excellent service. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. The room had a flat screen TV. I will be back and I do recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

From the time you call and check in till the time you leave the whole staff from the Manager Neil to the Maintanance staff and cleaning crew are always Friendly and very helpful and willing to make your stay as comfortable for you as possible for you and even your pets which is great in its self to find a place that will let you bring your pet with you into your room.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front which are futher away from the highway get less noise from that.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were coming from atlantic city late night and so tired, we felt sleepy and didnt want to drive further. We saw Red Roof Inn right on 287. We went to the Red Roof Inn and I tell you the front desk employee was very good in taking care of us. She went above and beyond her duties, room was nice and clean and smelled pleasant. The room could have used more light. we also asked for late checkout and she was able to do it no prob. we will be back next time on our way to and from ac.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent one night, but what i should've done was walk right back out the lobby, got in my car and sped off! Front desk attendant rude; exposed my information to the entire front desk, just rude! Coughed over all my stuff, covered nothing; each guest had an issue that night. I didn't leave, went upstairs to my room, clean, need more light, cozy, UNTIL I LAID IN THE BED!

Bed Bugs bite the crap out of my life, I've never been so disgusted AND brought them home with me! WTF? Room 214!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

One knows not to expect much at a "budget" motel, but this Red Roof Inn is a notch below that -- though one would expect more, based on their rates (~$60/night). Mgr told us the safe in the room was for our use, and the daily charge would be deducted if we requested it upon check-out. Great, except there was no safe in the room...seems a previous guest must have walked off with it. The soap provided was so harsh my wife went up the road to Walgreens to buy her own, and they provide shampoo but no conditioner. Those are minor but emblematic of their overall operation. This place is very noisy. All rooms face the parking lots, and have exterior walkways, and (for whatever reason) there seems to be a lot of coming and going around 2AM-3AM...people in high heels click-clacking back and forth, and a fair amount of automobile noise in the parking lots. If you were only going to stay for one or two nights, it might be OK, but we stayed for a week, which was several nights too many. Housekeeping service was perfunctory, at best. They did the obvious stuff, like making the bed (though mine had a piece of candy stuck to the bottom sheet by my feet), but they ignore things like vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom (floor, toilet, tub), and wiping off the counter around the sink. Want tissues (facial)? Go to the front desk to get them. Breakfast? Nope, nothing here except coffee. The only thing you can count on here is a hearty welcome from the Manager, Tracy, who is very accommodating and a fountain of knowledge about the local area. But, if Tracy isn't there, you're unlikely to get much help from the front desk. We've stayed at other Red Roof Inns, but this is one that must be low on their list of properties to support.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere, unless you're just crashing for a night or two, but even then, it might pay to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Edison? Share your experiences!