“Clean and Staff was great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Edison

You added Red Roof Inn Edison to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Edison
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   860 New Durham Road, I-287 at Middlesex Avenue, Exit #3/2-A, Edison, NJ 08817   |
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Mission,TX
“Clean and Staff was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

When I showed up I asked Tracey to see what he could do for me as I had a bad back....He put me on second floor(as this was all that was available) but was click close to stairs....extremely nice man and helpful....the rooms were clean and my only complaint was that I hadtl three knocks on my door for room service...

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Easton, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have more than one gripes about this motel.

1. Rooms don't have hairdryers- Front desk said they didn't have any for me to use and would call me when "the guy" returned it (it as in they only have one!) Never happened...

2. I was attacked by bed bugs during my one night stay. I realize the place is budget, but this is unacceptable.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $$$ for the Marriott across the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I find the rooms at this Red Roof Inn to consistently meet my expectations. I travel quite a bit on business and look for reliability in the places I stay. I also look for a good price and I get this at this hotel. I am pleased when I go to hotel and the staff are friendly, it really helps when away from home. I recently had a small issue with changing a reservation and Bill (the manager, I think) was very helpful in making sure it was all sorted out properly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Booked this hotel somewhere in mid September 2011. The cheap price was one of the main factor when we chose this hotel or shall i call it motel. First thing first , the guy who checked us in was quite slow and not that friendly. When we walked into our room, there was this funny smell and the carpet was dirty. One good thing was, the toilet was pretty clean for us. We just needed a place to throw our bags and crash during the night so i guess there is not much to complain with the price that we are paying. Major setback was that, we wanted to go to Jersey outlet mall which was one hour away from the motel, there was no bus. it was really inconvenient , we had to take cabs all the way. Bus only comes at certain timings and the town was like a ghost town if you ask me. We took a cab to a nearer shopping area called the Harmon cove outlet, but that cab ride itself cost us 30 usd. So instead of saving on accommodation, we have to spend more on transportation. In terms of location, we thought that it was pretty bad as nothing was near.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the labor day weekend and thought I was getting good clean rooms for a decent price. But I was wrong the place smelled hair all over the bathroom even holes in the wall I was very disappointed and said to my wife with a couple of dollars extra we could have stayed at the Marriott right across the street and been more comfortable. I even had to go out to the Walgreens up the street and buy disinfectant to spray on the pillows and sheets because they didn't look like they were washed.

• Stayed September 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I sent this to the Red Roof Manager who replied with a canned response saying how sorry he was and that they strive to please - yada, yada.

"We came from south Florida to Metuchen to bury my youngest child, then encounter an accommodation issue that doesn't warrant enough concern for you to write a personal note, so you a employ a canned response. Are you really that busy?

The only (reasonable) expectation we had was that #159 would be free of the stench of pet urine which permeated the room, including the mattress, which, by the way, I hope has been removed by now. It would have been the decent thing to do to forewarn us, but I guess that would exceed our expectations.

I have been in the hospitality business and I recognize the futility in writing this, but at least I've made two professionally operated organizations aware of how you take care of business, and how you respond to a customer's complaint."

Lee Ben Clarke

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We checked in late in the evening. The desk person seemed very confused on how to check me in and seeemed even more confused when asked if we could add a day to our stay. (We did not end up staying a second night.) After getting to the room, we quickly found out the toilet could not flush because the handle was broken. We had to take the lid off the tank to flush the toilet. Also, my reservations were for 4 and there were 3 washcloths and towels and no soap. I went to the office to tell the desk person and he went someplace and brought back 2 towels, washcloths and hand towels that were unfolded - like he pulled them out of the dryer - and put them through the opening in the security opening. When I told him about the toilet, he said, "Ok, I will let them know tomorrow." A new room or any other consolation was offered. Since it was already past midnight and we had an early morning, I just went back to my room. Everything else about the room was fine. No continental breakfast was offered. I am not sure if I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Schlamie, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Edison, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Justaflagirl , Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad to hear your room was clean and comfortable and appreciate the kind comments. I do apologize that your toilet did not function correctly and that you did not receive folded towels. Next time if a similar situation were to occur please tell us about anything not to your liking and we would be happy to address that immediately. Thanks for your comments and I do hope that if you return to the area you stay with us again.
William Ashenfelder

Been to Red Roof Inn Edison? Share your experiences!