“Broken toilet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Edison

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Edison to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Edison
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   860 New Durham Road, I-287 at Middlesex Avenue, Exit #3/2-A, Edison, NJ 08817   |
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Edison
Florida
“Broken toilet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We checked in late in the evening. The desk person seemed very confused on how to check me in and seeemed even more confused when asked if we could add a day to our stay. (We did not end up staying a second night.) After getting to the room, we quickly found out the toilet could not flush because the handle was broken. We had to take the lid off the tank to flush the toilet. Also, my reservations were for 4 and there were 3 washcloths and towels and no soap. I went to the office to tell the desk person and he went someplace and brought back 2 towels, washcloths and hand towels that were unfolded - like he pulled them out of the dryer - and put them through the opening in the security opening. When I told him about the toilet, he said, "Ok, I will let them know tomorrow." A new room or any other consolation was offered. Since it was already past midnight and we had an early morning, I just went back to my room. Everything else about the room was fine. No continental breakfast was offered. I am not sure if I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Schlamie, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Edison, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Justaflagirl , Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad to hear your room was clean and comfortable and appreciate the kind comments. I do apologize that your toilet did not function correctly and that you did not receive folded towels. Next time if a similar situation were to occur please tell us about anything not to your liking and we would be happy to address that immediately. Thanks for your comments and I do hope that if you return to the area you stay with us again.
William Ashenfelder

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I love staying at this place because the front desk workers are always so friendly.. They always put me in a nice clean room. Rooms are big and the place is always quiet. Looking forward to my next stay..

Room Tip: I always get the deluxe rooms because they have a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed three nights the last week of June on motorcycle tour of east coast. The Red Roof was a great choice. Rooms were clean, good a/c, nice staff. Train station is 3 miles away, Metechen. Paid 11 bucks each way to and from Penn Station NYC, 50 min each way. Cab fare to train is 8 dollars or walk, we did both and would advise a cab. On a budget, you can't go wrong staying here and touring NYC. The manager talked with us as we were departing and was very thankful for our business, and also gave us some tips of sites to see as we started south on our trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My friend and I were going to a music festival on the weekend of May 18-20 and we ran into last minute lodging difficulties and went to Red Roof Inn at Edison where Tina helped us alot in assuring us that we had a place to stay for two of the nights where we almost had no place to stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Binghamton NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Red Roof is undoubtedly the best we have encountered. At check-in, I was concerned that our room which was located on the back side of the lobby on the parking lot side between the two buildings would be noisy. The manager assured me they had a "no tolerance" policy for loud noise makers. The room was quiet, clean, great maid service. Definitely right for the price!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rutherford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Was a bit wary after reading the previous reviews but needed an affordable place to stay last minute for the evening.
Was pleasantly surprised. Clean room, comfortable bed. Basic necessities. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Good value and easy location to major highways. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Had an executive King room so lots of room, working space, desk etc.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

we had the business king room, spacious and very comfortable, red roof inn is affordable and comfortable..The staff are very courteous, discreet and helpful esp Deena and Detra in the front desk.
Due to my boyfriend's bad knee,which made it difficult for him to even walk, we had to extend our stay but our room which was on the 1st flr is already reserved for another party scheduled to check in that day..Deena & Detra who are both aware of my boyfriend's condition managed to rearrange the room assignments so we don't have to switch rooms..
thanks to you guys, we really enjoyed our stay, looking forward to coming back soon!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Edison? Share your experiences!