“Awesome noodle soups!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Shanghai
New York City, New York
“Awesome noodle soups!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Homemade noodles make all the difference (FYI... we've ordered on the late side and gotten store bought noodles, what a disappointment). The Spicy Beef Noodle Soup is amazing, hearty and flavorful, we order it a few times a month. The Shanghai Style Wonton Soup is also great... milder in flavor w/delicate, hand-made dumplings. I love the fried rice, which is closer to Thai-style than traditional Chinese... a plus, in my opinion. We also enjoy the Spicy Seafood Dumplings appetizer. Other dishes I've tried have been fairly standard Chinese fare. Nothing exceptional, but large portions and well-priced. Overall, a great option for cheap, hot, fast food. And a largely Asian clientele.

Visited July 2013

Central Jersey
“All noodles”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place is a simple restaurant for practical people on eating noodles. Outside not sure if the place is open with covers all over the place until you open the door with tables filled with people and bowl of soups. If you see a lot of asians in an asian restaurant, im sure the food is worth it.
They got a lot of soup choices and they where good. Their noodle is the white thick noodles not the thin egg noddles in which I prefer. But there food is worth it, but not sure if I will be back. Service was fine, what do you expect from a chinese waitress. Good soup good price.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edison
“ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

First, the waitresses were not friendly nor helpful. We had to ask for bowls, they would disappear for long periods of time, and none of the waitstaff looked like they remotely wanted to work there (no smiles, mumbles, and general zombie-like demeanor).

Second, while the temperature outside was almost 80 degrees, they had no air conditioning on at all when we first entered. They seated us in the very back with no fans either. As the hot soups came out it was becoming very hot and we had to request for the air conditioning to be turned on. As we felt no difference in temperature, we asked what temperature it was. The waitresses were very rude and they said it was being kept at 72 and when we said the air conditioning is not reaching the back where we were, they said they WILL NOT change it to any lower so we asked for the manager. The manager was even less helpful than the waitstaff, accused us of making things up to cause trouble, and told us to leave in front of all the customers.

Since the food itself was average at best, I'd say save your gas and money and go somewhere else that's worth it and your won't be soaking in your own sweat as you try to eat, and won't get attitude from the workers. I would say no stars at all for the food AND service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Noodles with Hot Peanut Sauce”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I went here with a friend on a lazy Saturday afternoon before we went shopping. It's located in a small strip mall. He's been here many times before and this was my first visit. The place is sparsely decorated, mostly white walls. We sat down and the waitress took our order with a handheld electronic device. We shared a small plate of Scallion pancakes ($3.00), it's prepared differently than Korean style "Pajun" scallion pancakes, these pancakes were fried and crunchy. Then we both ordered Noodles with Hot Peanut Sauce ($6.00 each), it's not "hot" as in red hot spicy hot, but heated, so it's a hot dish, not a cold noodle dish. Thank goodness because I don't like super spicy food. It was excellent, served with hot tea. The next time I visit the area, I would come here again.

• Visited September 2011